A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,548
Currently Running With Scissors:
780 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: beach getaway... mom low on energy  (Read 868 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ilovepineapple

Its a girl thang

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2008 04:52:24 PM »

my mom has been really low on energy for the last year due to different medical issues.  She LOVES the beach so I was thinking I could put a bunch of beachy things in a tote or some kind of a chest. She also loves to garden and read. Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FairyWings
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008 09:13:18 PM »

ok well for a visit to the beach you would need a towel, bathing suit, sun block , sunglasses, music, float or beach ball.. and maybe a wrap ( forgot what they call those things) oh and possibly a good book to read while your flesh burns .. i mean tans haha  unless you have an umbrella over you.

what the beach provides is sand, salty water , fishy aquatic creatures, SeaShells, waves  and seeweed and coral. Oh and palm trees are always at the beaches here in Florida.

maybe you could make a shadowbox that has a beach scene in it and maybe use real shells and sand and  where the Sun is.. you could add a light bulb to make this a lamp .. and possible go further and add a sound box  or cd that plays  the sound of waves on the beach and maybe some seagulls . that could be a pretty relaxing reading lamp.

if you don't like the idea or it's just not possible for you to do that then here's another idea. you could  make a tunnel book  with a beach scene.
or draw, paint or blow up a picture of a beach and give her a meditation  or relaxing sounds cd and she can relax listening to the cd and looking at the picture.

oo maybe  fill a chest with sand and scatter shells  in the sand and she can  search out the shells. I love shell searching at the beach. it's the only reason to go  in my opinion hehe.. well shells and treasure! you could  put some treasure in the sand too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Michelle Harrison on Her New Book Unrest
Hilary Weisman Graham on Her Book Reunited
Bremmer on His Book Every Nation For Itself in a G-Zero World
Sequels: Do You Need to Read the First Book?
M.O.M. (Mom Operating Manual) Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...