A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
540 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DIY kit swap 8  (Read 8140 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

travelbug
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2007 07:01:52 AM »

I got a great lip balm making kit from Cherith. It came with the materials for making the lip balm, something to add a bit of colour to it, and a bunch of pots to store it in later. I read through the instructions and they were SUPER detailed. Thanks!

« Last Edit: March 29, 2011 08:03:05 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
squidget
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2007 03:26:42 PM »

I received my quilting kit from Tanza!

I got 2 neat embroidered squares, neat fabric, quilting thread, squares to sew together and samples of sewn together squares! And of course, my directions! I love it and can't wait to get started! I just love these DIY kit swaps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanza
Angel in the making....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2007 05:03:00 PM »

coolies so glad it got to you.
and that you like it, that green really looks wicked doesn't it.
I loved those fabric so I thought they would be perfect for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
onthinice
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2007 05:41:59 AM »

I received a stamp carving kit from pikabean.  I already have the carving tools - bought them in hopes I would get a instructions from a craftster Wink  She sent a tutorial (with clipart tailored to my interests), erasers, stamp pad, a newborn stamp made by her, AND a fabulous zippered pouch to hold it all - decorated with fabric inked by the stamp she included!  I love the pouch (awesome fabric!), and I can't wait to get started.  Thank you!  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
Into fictional letter writing? PM me. We need more characters. What am I talking about? Read about it at Dante's Wardrobe.
pikabean
also known as Natch

cross my heart and kiss my elbows!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2007 08:43:04 AM »

so glad you are happy with it!  I like to include something like the pouch because I think it's fun to get a crafted item as inspiration/example of what you can do with something from a kit, and not just instructions Wink

can't wait to see your first stamps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2007 10:06:13 AM »

here is what I had sent to Dancer4ever

I sent all the materials for two fabric bowls - mostly precut - one for a larger bowl - which I had finished halfway to give a bit of direction.  The other one I had cut smaller pieces so the bowls could stack.

I also machine embroidered two geishas on the larger bowl's material - she had geisha material in her wist list that reminded me of this particular design so I felt it was a good choice. 

I also included a pattern for making additional bowls and a crafted by someone else sewing caddy thing that I had bought that I thought she might be able to put to use.  Oh and the directions that I use for making this particular style bowl and a page of my own tidbits about making them.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2007 05:16:22 PM by craftydeb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
chrissiemags
Chrissie's Custom Creations

Is there such a thing as too much fabric or ribbon

« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2007 11:16:53 AM »

Deb that looks like a nice kit! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chrissie's Custom Creations
~Offering Laser Cut Scrapbook Embellishments~ Trendy & Classic Hair Accessories~ Cute as Can be Bottle Cap Images~Bottle Cap Jewelry
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2007 11:54:47 AM »

Wow! I wish I had gotten in on this swap. Everyone is getting such neat kits!

Craftydeb, I think you sent a great kit, especially with the thoughtful details like the geisha! And, cutting out the pieces is a major bonus! That makes it even easier to do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
beckster
Never met a needle I couldn't work with

Coffee and yarn are my two best friends.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2007 02:33:52 PM »

Too bad they didn't like your kit, 'cuz I think it's a great kit!!  Isn't PMimg your partner part of the swap rules?  Bad etiquette! Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FUN FUR IS MUPPET MURDER!!! 
Wist: http://wists.com/br549xt93
Ravelry: rebecky
valsped

Can you guess my real name from this?

« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2007 05:17:37 PM »

I got 3 AMAZING kits last week, but I've been CRAZY busy and then really sick, so I didn't get pics posted yet.

Beckster was a sweetie to post pics of the spinning kit so I won't add more, but you gotta know it is GREAT and I did a little happy dance when it arrived!

Misocci74 sent me a kit for making my own cards: All I can say is SHE ROCKS!!! She even sent me a paper cutter and a huge pad of scrapbook paper! Here's a Pic
there's also a tutorial book, GOBS and TONS of goodies for embellishments, glue dots and LOTS of envelopes to send my cards in! I haven't really gotten into it yet cause I wouldn't allow myself to until all my packages were out, but tomorrow I'll see what I can create!!

The final kit is a thumbprint doodle stationary/card kit from Whatzudoin. This kit was SO amazingly complete and well put together I HAVE to post several pics! that's the whole shebang (I had to stand on the chair to get it all in!)  there's a book with ideas, a set to make personalized stationary with a cool folder, her tutorial book- which has perfect step by step pics, markers, 3 rolls of double stick tape, 4 stamp pads, extra paper,  a 'thanks' stamp, and all the bits and pieces to make lots of cards... all cut and ready to go!!! The next pic is all of the sample cards (the same as the sets and directions so I could see how they're made)

I haven't broken into the card sets, but the book and stamp pads were a life saver when I had to work on other things... My 5 yr old sat with me for an hour making critters and doodles!!! Here's some of his work:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am addicted swaps, including personal swaps!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Collagen-Boosting Eye Cream
Surprising Beauty Buys from Whole Foods
How to Get Firmer, Clearer Skin in 10 Minutes
How to Prevent Mascara From Running
All About the Lip
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...