A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
429 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Reversing Text in Word?  (Read 1193 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Gertie_T
« on: November 04, 2004 09:27:14 AM »

Hi all--Sorry if this question has already been answered, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

I've never used these inkject transfers, but I would like to make some spiffy Jon Stewart for President 2008 t-shirts for some friends. I don't have a fancy program like Photoshop, so I figure I will have to use Word for the text.

Now, how do I flip text in Word? Is it even possible? If not, is there another way to do it? Can anyone help this poor crafty hipster?

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gji7
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004 10:53:36 AM »

Just do everything regular and then when you print, go into "Printer Properties", "Feature" and under "Orientation" - check the "Mirror Image" box.  It should print everything perfectly for a transfer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth. - Evan Esar

Prove to yourself that you can do it. Prove that you were always who you thought you were, not who they said you had to be. - Rachel Snyder
onetomatotwo

(former username: kaesea)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004 12:44:12 PM »

If your printer driver has that option, do what gji7 has suggested -- easy! Sweet! Unfortunately, mine does not, and I recently had to deal with this problem. Good news: you can use Word to flip stuff.

As far as I know, you cannot rotate "plain text" in Word. According to the Help, you can rotate "AutoShapes, pictures, clip art, or WordArt." I think what you need is to make some WordArt and flip that.

I've written some directions here, but if you have a different version of Word (I've got 2003), your interface may be slightly different.

First, you'll need your "Drawing Toolbar" out. If it's not out, do this...
1. Go to Tools > Customize.
2. Click the Toolbars tab.
3. Check the box next to Drawing and click Close. The Drawing toolbar should be showing now.

Now you can make some WordArt:
1. In the Drawing Toolbar, click the little A that looks like it's leaning to the right (if you hover over it, the ToolTip says "Insert WordArt")
2. Choose your desired style from the WordArt Gallery and click OK.
3. Enter and format the text in the Edit WordArt Text dialog and click OK. (You can edit it later with the WordArt toolbar).

Now, to rotate!
1. Click on your WordArt to select it.
2. In the drawing toolbar, select Draw > Rotate or Flip > Flip Horizontal. Voila! Flipped!

If, for any reason, any of the buttons I've mentioned are not appearing in your Drawing Toolbar, you can add them...
1. Go to Tools > Customize.
2. Click the Commands tab.
3. In the left-hand box (Categories), click Drawing.
4. In the right-hand (Commands) box, click the button you want to add and drag it down to your Drawing Toolbar (which is probably located at the bottom of your screen... by default, at least).

And finally, if you get stuck, try the Help. It's not great, but I did find some of this stuff there, so you may be able to as well. Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live on the west coast. She lives on the east coast. We discuss crafts in between. Right here: Trans-craft-inental.
Gertie_T
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004 11:29:11 AM »

Thank you both for the advice! Luckily, I am able to reverse the image in my printer features. Whoopee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Crisp Apple Fritter Recipe
How to Make Gingerbread Bell Cookies
How to Make a Gorgeous Apple Tarte Tatin for Dessert
How to Make Salted Toffee Caramel Apples
Pumpkin Mousse Cheesecake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...