A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,180
Currently Running With Scissors:
457 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CPHoenix: self-designed lace-sleeved raglan  (Read 2670 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« on: April 14, 2007 11:27:42 AM »

Well, not entirely self-designed I guess, as I borrowed heavily from the hourglass sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts.

Once upon a time, I knit a Central Park Hoodie, or at least, the back, fronts, and sleeves. I decided it was time to seam it all together before doing the hood. Lo, then it came to pass that I made a horrible, horrible mistake, got angry at the sweater, and ripped it. From the ashes of this I decided to create something seamless, and the Phoenix sweater was born.

Due to a mysterious quirk of gauge *ahem*, it's too small for me, but perfect for my sister Katie, America's Next Top Handknit Sweater Model.

I used the embossed twining vine leaf lace pattern from Vogue Knitting. I also originally wanted to make the raglan lines stand out, but couldn't figure out how to do it; I wanted the appearance of a seam, to make the stockinette body and reverse-stockinette sleeves look like they'd been sewn together from other sweaters. But I like the little purl channel I made instead.

Oh, and it's good ol' Woolease.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010 01:45:29 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
knightswhosayknit
Veni, Vidi, Texui

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007 11:41:56 AM »

Gorgeous! I love the cable ( I've been seeing some great uses of those leafy cables lately, and I like them more and more each time I see them!). And I love the color of that yarn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone on Ravelry? My username is Caitlism, friend me!
little.mrs.sunshine
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007 12:45:11 PM »

I love that leaf design, its gorgeous and the colour really goes.  Lovely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gummy
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007 01:23:26 PM »

I believe I have the exact same yarn for MY central park hoodie that has yet to be started...and now might never be since I've heard so many horror stories of the seaming.

I like your sweater a lot, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

magicaljennybella.blogspot.com

Ravelry: Jennybella
Yarnlova
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007 01:53:44 PM »

Great job!  I love the color, and especially the leaf design on the sleeves!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
punkcatknitter
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007 01:59:38 PM »

That is seriously pretty. I'm going to have to try something along those lines (well, lace something down the sleeves, and I think I'll check my gauge  Wink) one of these days.

My CPH is sitting in a bag, all but one seam sewn, hood half knitted, and I know its not going to fit me in the arms, so I've been avoiding it out of irritation. Sooooo glad I decided to do a practice run in Simply Soft Tweed. Doesn't hurt so much to give that to my sister (who is salivating as she waits for me to finish so she can pounce on it, lol)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007 11:30:52 AM »

Thanks, you guys!
Gummy, it actually wasn't the seaming that was the problem, it was the totally boneheaded maneuver of sewing the shoulder seam and the side seam so that the front piece was twisted. (I was watching Friday Night Lights.) Which would've been easily fixed if I hadn't then snipped the wrong thread while trying to undo the shoulder seam. I actually learned a lot about seaming while doing the CPH, and that side seam was beautiful, so don't be scared!
Punkcatknitter, isn't it handy to have a sister to save all that frogging?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
Quad Mom
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007 12:59:08 PM »

That's an awesomely beautiful and uniquue sweater!  Good job!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quad Mom's Happy-Goodness Bloggie:
http://qmchronicles.blogspot.com/
myklia
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007 05:54:16 PM »

That sweater is just gorgeous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenfishfly
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007 10:35:25 AM »

That's beautiful....

Your sister is so lucky to have you Smiley

Daphna
THIS ROCKS   Logged

there are two things that I don't believe in: coincidence and leprechauns
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Summer Hair Product Tips
Hairapy Ep 107: Jasmine
How to Get the Surfer Girl Hair Style
Hair How To: Kim Kardashian Waves
How to Get a High Bun in 2 Minutes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...