A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,074
Currently Running With Scissors:
737 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty's Thermal....Finally complete!  (Read 2219 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ibmomof2
« on: April 13, 2007 08:43:17 PM »

Finally! I am finished. I had no problems knitting the body, and sleeve one but as soon as I started sleeve 2 I had major burnout. It took me a whole month just to knit the second sleeve and sew it up  Shocked

I am WAY happy with the end product. I knitted the sleeves slightly longer, since that is how I liked them. Of course, after I finished the first one is when I started reading about the "growth" issues. There was no way I was re-knitting so I kept going.

Before blocking, the sleeves were perfect...completely perfect. But the body was just a little too short. The first picture is pre-blocking. It is hard to tell it's a little short, partly because I stretched it right before the camera snapped. A second later, it popped back into place.

And here are the post blocking pictures. First off...the pants from the first shot sat at my belly button...these pants are low rise, so the top doesn't like that different, lengthwise, but trust me...It grew at least 3 or more inches. (Sort of embarassing but if you look closely you can see the "crater" that is my belly button, lol) So the body is now perfect, but the sleeves...  Sad
A little too long. Happily, they only grew in length, not in width.

Here's with the sleeves rolled twice. And as much as I liked the ribbed cuff...I quite like it rolled up too. So it works. And I LOVE it! Even better, it got cold again here in Southern Virginia so i will get to wear it once or twice before it warms up! yay!

One last thing...I had to go up several needle sizes to get gauge. For the size I made (34) the pattern called for 7 skeins. I always buy extra so I bought 8. I used 5 and I have three completely untouched skeins left.  Enough to make some fab knee socks by Cookie  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissLulu
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007 08:49:45 PM »

congrats - it looks wonderful on you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gaucamolegreetings
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007 08:51:55 PM »

Ok, what color is that, because that is the exact color I want!  It turned out lovely, I love long sleeves too.  It's just perfect, you did a great job, and I really like this pattern even more now.  Very cool.

I can't wait to see the Cookie socks either.  Wink 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ibmomof2
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007 08:55:12 PM »

Ok, what color is that, because that is the exact color I want!  It turned out lovely, I love long sleeves too.  It's just perfect, you did a great job, and I really like this pattern even more now.  Very cool.

I can't wait to see the Cookie socks either.  Wink 

Thanks! The color is burgandy, the knitpicks gloss of course.

As for the cookie socks...Well it might be awile. They have to get in line, lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jesdmill
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007 10:45:50 PM »

Your sweater came out great - and I don't think the sleeves are too bad after blocking either.  Great job, you must have had great patience!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gummy
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007 11:04:14 PM »

Man, yours is so pretty that now I REALLY want to knit one of those.  Except the gauge scares me and also I was never really a fan of those thermal tops...

...but now I guess that one's getting in line with all my other future knitting projects  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

magicaljennybella.blogspot.com

Ravelry: Jennybella
irishelf
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007 01:00:45 AM »

That looks great! The color is really nice too.

And go you for having the patience to make it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss_T_Dane
Floderten

aka Floderten

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007 01:13:05 AM »

Wow! I've been thinking of knitting this for a while, but never saw anyone's finished Thermal, and I wasn't too sure.. But now that I've seen your version, it's definitely going on the list! Smiley Awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://flodertenstrik.blogspot.com -- ooh, a Danish blog! How exciting!
soobeeoz
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007 04:39:27 AM »

It fits you beautifully.  Love the colour! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please feel free to check out my Dating and Tiffany Ring blogs.  A few more are listed on my profile page.  Smiley

http://www.safedatings.com

http://www.cheapweddingringssets.com
virginiawoolf
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007 10:12:09 AM »

Ooooh, I love it! I think the rolled sleeves actually give it a little pizazz. Well done! How nice to have such a flattering, hip FO!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A canadian is someone who can make love in a canoe."
Le blog: http://emmasfavouritethings.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Caramel and Pecan Crepes
How to Make Italian Hazelnut Semifreddo
Creativity in the Kitchen: Root Beer Float Cookies
How to Make a Lemon Drizzle Cake
Making Pies at Four and Twenty Blackbirds
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...