A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,969
Currently Running With Scissors:
499 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "___" In A Box Swap Round 3 Gallery  (Read 9440 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2007 06:54:50 PM »

linzo- You got some neat stuff! I like the altoid tin and the little journal (looks like cool paper on the cover). And, the zines seem like a pretty fun thing (can you give us a peek inside?).

And, militant pacifist- What a great box you got- love the shirt! Knitting for morons is right up my alley- I tried it and was just not good at it (so I re-learned crochet, instead Wink ).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Kpuppy
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2007 07:08:13 PM »

Oh my, Phizzychick always makes the most beautiful stuff, doesn't she? She was my partner for my very first swap and I was spoiled by her great stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2007 07:19:57 PM »

Yes, she does! And now I have tremendous feelings of swap inadequacy...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IMIS
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2007 08:42:46 PM »

I received from my wonderful swap partner, Caitlinlovesyou, a terrific Retro-in-a-box swap package! Well, lets first take a look at the great box she sent everything in. Now, I took loads of pics of the box, because I absolutely loved it! I love it how these pictures are all things I am familiar with, cause I just LOVE retro! If anyone asked me which decade I would love to have lived in, besides for now, this decade, I would've definately said the 60's-70's!

----The Cover

----The Beatles, yay!

----Elvis, Martin Luther King, 007 James Bond, woohoo!

---- Mickey Mouse, aka Steamboat Willey, and Rolling Stones!

----Breakfast At Tiffany's and an Adorable Charlie Brown comic!

Now, on to the contents of the box!:

:
           -A colored in velvet-fuzzy LOVE picture
           - Crafty Sunflower project
           - Aww man, I love these, a mini rainbow dry erase board(as you can see, I've already written on it...what does it say?
Retro-in-a-box swap of coarse!

:
           - A magnetic pad, great for my locker!
           - Lovely pens to take notes with.

I was so excited to see a Tye-Dyed T-shirt! I love it, and it was perfect timing! It is warming up here in NY and I finally get to wear short sleeves! Yay!

Thank you so much Caitlin! I LOVE this package!!! Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am looking to swap for knitting needles and supplies! If you are interested in doing a PERSONAL SWAP with me, please PM me! Thanks!!!
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2007 02:20:43 AM »

Yay, glad all my frogs arrived safely, and that you like them!

The jar of frogs legs was the thing I couldn't stop laughing at, I thought it was a bit mean sending you parts of frogs! Cheesy

The Kreadit bookmark was inspired by this old joke...
A chicken walks into the library. It goes up to the desk and says: "book, bok, bok, boook".
The librarian hands the chicken a book. It tucks it under his wing and runs out. A while later, the chicken runs back in, throws the first book into the return bin and goes back to the librarian saying: "book, bok, bok, bok, boook". Again the librarian gives it a book, and the chicken runs out. The librarian shakes her head.
Within a few minutes, the chicken is back, returns the book and starts all over again: "boook, book, bok bok boook". The librarian gives him yet a third book, but this time as the chicken is running out the door, she follows it.
The chicken runs down the street, through the park and down to the riverbank. There, sitting on a lily pad is a big, green frog. The chicken holds up the book and shows it to the frog, saying: "Book, bok, bok, boook". The frog blinks, and croaks: "read-it, read-it, read-it".
Grin

The frog sachet can be used as a pin cushion if you're feeling mean Wink

militant pacifist - Great knitting box, yummy yarn and stitch n bitch! You'll be knitting in no time!

IMIS - Wonderful retro box, the pens are fab and the t-shirt is fantastic!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2007 06:15:16 AM »

I love them all! I was telling my sister last night about all of the froggy goodness I received and even she was impressed! And, the only casualty (besides a Kinder Surprise egg) was the bobble-head turtle. A bit of work with tweezers and glue and he should be back to his old bobbly self!

The jar of frogs legs was the thing I couldn't stop laughing at, I thought it was a bit mean sending you parts of frogs! Cheesy
I knew it was the funny thing as soon as I looked at the jar. And, I have to admit, I was a bit nervous about what I'd find inside. But I love them all! I think I'm wearing the long green legs to school this week.

I never heard that joke before, so I'll have to try to remember it (I'm very bad with jokes for some reason...I always think they are funny, but can't re-tell them!)

The frog sachet can be used as a pin cushion if you're feeling mean Wink
I thought it was a pin cushion when I first took it out, and thought, "Oh, I can't stick pins in this!" So I was quite relieved to find that it was scented and I could call it a sachet instead... Grin

When I woke up this morning, I opened the box again and picked put a few things to admire- so cute!- like a kid with a favorite new toy that has to touch it every time she walks by it Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2007 10:36:44 AM »

I love them all! I was telling my sister last night about all of the froggy goodness I received and even she was impressed! And, the only casualty (besides a Kinder Surprise egg) was the bobble-head turtle. A bit of work with tweezers and glue and he should be back to his old bobbly self!

Thank you! I thought the wobbly frog might make a good rearview car mirror hangy thing too as he would probably wobble a lot there and not get damaged. I think he's quite a tender thing! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jonnamarco

Shave us Messiah!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2007 04:11:58 PM »

wow Phizzychick! That frog box is awesome. I love it. You are a very lucky girl craftADDchick

yarn_tart got my box friday(Yeah!) As I am a dumb ass and erased the pics I took, can you post pics yarn_tart. I hope you like it. My girlfriend saif the box looked like a coffin. I did not intend it to Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2007 06:56:35 PM »

Thank you! I thought the wobbly frog might make a good rearview car mirror hangy thing too as he would probably wobble a lot there and not get damaged. I think he's quite a tender thing! Cheesy
Oooh! That's a good idea! I have a frog dangly thing already but darned if I know where it is. So, I'll put up the wobbly frog (with convenient green yarn already attached) and be greeted by his froggy cuteness every time I get in the car. Thanks for the suggestion! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scary Teri
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2007 10:34:02 PM »

according to tracking and confirmation danaisradxcore received today! i cant wait to see if she likes the theme i picked! Smiley

yess... i got mine, dinosaursss! but i have to find a way to take pictures...unless you have some... Wink

edit: you know i'm obsessed with dinosaurs when i misplaced one of the sheets of stickers and am searching absolutely EVERYWHERE for them... i know they came in the package, i just can't find them now...Undecided

bummer, i wasnt able to take pictures beforehand so i really hope you can find a way to post some Smiley im glad you like it! and good luck with the search! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The connotations wearing my nerves thin
Could it be semantics generating the mess we're in?
I understand that language breeds stereotype
But what's the explanation for the malice, for the spite?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...