A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,578
Currently Running With Scissors:
737 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mrs. Darcy KAL  (Read 48581 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

peps

Knits with Cat.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2007 02:03:46 PM »

I bought some lion brand wool-ease for it today- dark rose heather. We'll see how it goes.

How is the wool ease working out?  That's what I'm thinking of using.  Although the Cacade 220 sale sounds tempting.....

THIS ROCKS   Logged

my etsy
my knitting blog
my ravelry
Any B or C liners in the Boston area up for a knitting circle?  PM me.
indie-knitter

new slang, when you notice the stripes...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007 12:46:11 PM »

Indie-knitter, would you mind letting us know the cast-on method you used?

I'm pretty sure I just used basic long tail cast on, but I think any other kind would work, just as long as it's not too tight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

documenting my addiction to yarn and needles at http://www.indieknits.wordpress.com/

Will personal swap for Interweave Knits Winter '06! Please PM me if you have a copy!
sunshineknits
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007 11:44:43 PM »

im in as soon as i finish my EZ seamless yoke sweater.

I've got some cascade 220 in a "heathers" colour. its an amazing heathery dusty teal blue. 

its 9322 on the end
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just because some of us can read and write and do a little math, that doesn't mean we deserve to conquer the Universe."
-Kurt Vonnegut Jr.  (1922-2007)
Sweet_Sylvia
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007 11:53:48 PM »

Oooohhh I so want to do this. Although I have been knitting for about 4-5 years I haven't worked up enough courage to knit a large piece like this before. Just hats and scarves and toys. You think this would be too hard for me to work on?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soubriquet
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2007 01:13:54 AM »

I'm in! I have a bunch of Wool of the Andes in Grass that I've been trying to use, but I think I found the perfect pattern right here! And this way I don't even have to buy new yarn, hoorah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pen and paper : handcut silhouettes, original drawings, miniature paintings and many other whimsies
peps

Knits with Cat.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2007 08:42:07 AM »

I'm in! I have a bunch of Wool of the Andes in Grass that I've been trying to use, but I think I found the perfect pattern right here! And this way I don't even have to buy new yarn, hoorah!

Is Wool of the Andes itchy??  I have never used it but it looks a little like Reynold's Lopi which I find itchy as heck.

... I want to join this knitalong but I am totally stuck at this "choose a yarn" stage....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my etsy
my knitting blog
my ravelry
Any B or C liners in the Boston area up for a knitting circle?  PM me.
sunshineknits
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2007 05:39:22 PM »

i'm stuck too, i was giong to use my cascade, but now i'm thinking i should go more retro.. i also have some brown, which would be awsome.. maybe i'll use that and save the blue for something else
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just because some of us can read and write and do a little math, that doesn't mean we deserve to conquer the Universe."
-Kurt Vonnegut Jr.  (1922-2007)
Juniper
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2007 06:19:11 PM »

I didn't get my ebay bid, so I'm going to go ahead and use the cascade.  I'm thinking lime green or light brown.  I want something crazy, but I also might want something more practical.  Ahhhh, decisions, decisions!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zeeblebee
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2007 07:59:34 PM »

How are the yarn decisions going? I think the blue is really pretty sunshineknits, but I am sure brown would be awesome as well. Juniper practicality, I think, is more on what colour you would wear more, not what seems most neutral, so which colour would you wear more?

My progress is pretty slow. I am about 1.5" into the stockinette after the ribbing, but I have a couple of high priority projects I need to get done as well. Hopefully it won't be too long before I am done.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2010 11:44:41 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
juliesnider

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2007 09:11:30 PM »

peps - WOA is a little itchy... I wear a shirt under it, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as Lopi
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Marion Cotillard Wows in an Elegant Gown at the Women of the Year Awards
Khloe Kardashian Odom: Steal Her Style
A Louis Vuitton-Inspired DIY: Give Your Blazer a Vintage Flair with Buttons
Nikki Reed In Little Black Dress Promoting Breaking Dawn In London
How to Stay Comfy and Casual in Chunky Knits
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...