A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,182
Currently Running With Scissors:
484 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mrs. Darcy KAL  (Read 49410 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

80schick
Don't mess with the librarian

I love purple

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2007 02:31:21 AM »

Thanks everyone! It was a fun and quick knit. Great for fairly instant gratification.

P
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indie-knitter

new slang, when you notice the stripes...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2007 08:05:17 AM »

how's it going, ladies? I haven't heard from anyone in awhile! Just checking in to see if you're all still alive.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

documenting my addiction to yarn and needles at http://www.indieknits.wordpress.com/

Will personal swap for Interweave Knits Winter '06! Please PM me if you have a copy!
peps

Knits with Cat.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2007 08:14:11 AM »

I've been playing with other wips.... but.... last night I finished my second sleeve!  Whoo hoo!  I'm going to pin it together and try to take some pics tonight. 

Now I'm really dreading the finishing.  So, my problem with finishing is that I lose my patience about a quarter-way into it and then I just start sewing fast wherever my needle happens to land to get it done and the whole thing ends up looking horrible.  (I've even been known to toss it on the sewing machine.)  I should make a vow to myself and all of you that I won't lose my patience with Mrs. Darcy.  OK, vow made.

How is everyone else doing?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my etsy
my knitting blog
my ravelry
Any B or C liners in the Boston area up for a knitting circle?  PM me.
Sweet_Sylvia
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2007 08:15:53 AM »

I'm not sure If I should try this or not. I am a bigger girl but I love cardigans. I've never made a large item like this before, you think I should try something more simpler first?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

peps

Knits with Cat.

« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2007 08:25:49 AM »

Sweet_Sylvia - I still consider mysef a beginnier knitter (maybe more like advanced beginner...?) and this cardigan was not hard to knit.  It is also my largest piece to date.  Most of it is in stockinette and the shaping is very straightforward (no short rows!  thank god!)

The only trouble you might run into is resizing the pattern, as this cardigan is pretty tiny - but that depends more on your math skills rather than your knitting skills.

I think you should go for it!  We're all here for support!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my etsy
my knitting blog
my ravelry
Glaistig
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2007 11:08:53 AM »

Yay, Peps! I can't wait to see your sweater! (Umm, I hear you on the finishing blues. *sigh*  Tongue) I have one sleeve left to knit but I am thinking about re-knitting (re-sizing/enlarging) the first one and have been really procrastinating. 

Peps, how many CO stitches did you do for the sleeves??

Join us Sweet_Sylvia!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

peps

Knits with Cat.

« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2007 01:17:10 PM »

Glaistig - I cast on 40 stitches as per the pattern for my sleeves.  If you are thinking they look kind of skinny - I share the same fear.  Ha ha.  I'll let you know how they fit when I get them attached.  My upper arm circ. is about 9.5''

As I've said before, I think I might end up frogging and re-knitting this because I screwed up on the "neck hole" shaping, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my etsy
my knitting blog
my ravelry
nataleeza
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2007 01:36:42 PM »

Mine's come out too big Sad

I washed it, and blocked it to the correct dimensions, but it still managed to stretch, and it looks terrible on me...  It's all baggy at the back, and the ribbing sits on my hips (not a good look for a bearer of child-bearing hips).

I'm gonna havta frog...

On the upside - the colour is lovely, and the buttons are totally perfect on it.  And it only took a week or so of knitting, so I'll definitely get on to it soon.  It'll be worth it in the end.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A failure is not always a mistake, it may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying.
~ B. F. Skinner
Glaistig
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2007 05:54:11 PM »

Aww,  Sad  But like you said, it's a nice, quick knit and you can knit the redux exactly the way you want. It's too lovely a pattern not to give it another go! I'm glad the hand dyed color came out the way you wanted.

I alternate between thinking mine will either be too big/long or too small because that's my own personal luck with sweaters. My last creation grew after washing also. 

Peps, I keep wrapping the unseamed sleeve around each arm and hoping Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

peps

Knits with Cat.

« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2007 09:14:53 PM »

Behold my tale of woe:

I stayed home from work today and spent many many hours finishing my cardigan and then I tried it on and one sleeve is about six inches shorter than the other!!  ARGGG!!!  Why, oh why???  I'm convinced I missed one of the sets of 37 stockinette rows, but how is it possible that I didn't notice the short sleeve BEFORE I spent an hour sewing it in place??

Even though I already planned to frog the thing, I still view this as a tragedy of epic proportions.

On the upside, it actually looks pretty cute aside from the bad sleeve and perhaps doesn't deserve frogging at all.  A friend of mine remarked that it would look very striking on someone who has had their left hand amputated.  So there you go.

I guess I'm gonna be in this KAL a little longer, folks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my etsy
my knitting blog
my ravelry
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best Photographs of Micro World Announced
5 Tips to Taking Successful Selfies
Steve McCurry: The Sartorialist for AOL On
Humans Of New York
9 Tips for Taking Better Photos
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...