A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,559
Currently Running With Scissors:
470 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mrs. Darcy KAL  (Read 50079 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Cassady
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2007 09:18:27 AM »

Thanks Peps!

I'm anxious to see some progress pics. (And to post some of my own! Smiley)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Juniper
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2007 10:10:25 AM »

AHHHH!!!! My yarn came today, WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

My roommate almost cried cause she's broke and can't buy no mo yarn for a while.....But now I can make my Mrs. Darcy!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010 11:44:27 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cassady
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2007 05:59:43 PM »

Woot! juniper that's a great color!

I get to go yarn shopping tomorrow-   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
peps

Knits with Cat.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2007 08:12:04 AM »

Juniper - love the yarn!  That is one of my favorite colors!

I am into armhole shaping on my first front panel and it's giving me a headache.  Sad  So, I took a knitting break yesterday (as in, a break from knitting.... ha ha)

I'll try to post some WIP pics today or tomorrow.  I moved recently and my camera is unpacked, but the charger for it isn't.  Sigh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my etsy
my knitting blog
my ravelry
Any B or C liners in the Boston area up for a knitting circle?  PM me.
nataleeza
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2007 12:40:52 PM »

Beautiful green yarn Juniper! (just had to chime in...)

And glad to hear your knittings coming along peps.

Mine is almost dry - I've had it sitting over the dehumidifier for the past 2 days - and perhaps when I get home tonight it will be completely dry.

I bought some buttons yesterday too.  They are sparkly ones that look like big fake diamonds.  I think that it will complement the colour and style perfectly.  If not - I always welcome more button shopping!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A failure is not always a mistake, it may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying.
~ B. F. Skinner
Glaistig
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2007 02:55:53 PM »

Nataleeza, your Mrs. Darcy is lovely. And I adore the idea of dyeing a work after it's knitted!

Madame Indieknitter, thanks so much for posting a classically beautiful pattern for free Grin I bought some gorgeous blue tweed yesterday just for this sweater!

preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '_______________________________________________________________')

Question: Can anyone help me on the armhole shaping for the back to get from the Cast On 68 stitches to the final BO 48 stitches??

"BO 4 sts at beg of each of the next 2 rows."
On the next row, bind off 4 at beginning. Then bind off 4 at the beginning of the subsequent row. That leaves 60 stitches (68-8).

"K2tog at the beg of next 2 rows." So over the next two rows, I decrease from 60 stitches to 58 stitches by decreasing at the beginning of each row.

"K2tog at the beg of every other row for the next 4 rows." Okay, here's where my brain becomes a little addled. I am reading this as:

Row 1: Work normally.
Row 2 ("other row"): Decrease one stitch at the beginning which leaves 57 stitches.
Row 3: Work normally.
Row 4 ("other row"): Decrease one stitch at the beginning which leaves 56 stitches.

Thus, I have the wrong final count (56 instead of 48) and I have decreased twice on the same side. Am I reading the pattern incorrectly? Merci for any assistance! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indie-knitter

new slang, when you notice the stripes...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2007 06:48:40 PM »

Wow you're so much better at describing the actions of those instructions than I could've been...I just basically do everything on my knitting randomly and hope it works, therefore it was hard for me to write a pattern for my fairly freeform-ish sweater. I'm glad you guys like it and I still am eagerly anticipating some FO pics from Nataleeza and progress/FO pics from everyone else!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

documenting my addiction to yarn and needles at http://www.indieknits.wordpress.com/

Will personal swap for Interweave Knits Winter '06! Please PM me if you have a copy!
nataleeza
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2007 03:37:44 AM »

Thanks everyone - I'm still waiting myself.  I realised since I knitted at a slightly larger gauge, I need slightly larger buttons.  The ones I bought don't fit Sad  I haven't managed to make it to town to get some new ones as my best friend has been admitted to hospital.  I should be able to get in tomorrow, which means maybe I'll have piccies in 24 hours.  It really depends if my friend gets worse over night.  I really hope she doesn't.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A failure is not always a mistake, it may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying.
~ B. F. Skinner
peps

Knits with Cat.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2007 08:35:15 AM »

I hope your friend gets better soon Nataleeza!  She is so lucky to have a good friend to care for her!

And Glaistig, I ended up with 56 stitches on my BO...  I didn't calculate ahead so by the time I realized the pattern said BO 48 it was too late to do anything about it.

Here's another question/thought: on the "neckline"/buttonband shaping where it says decrease one stitch every other row 6 times: is that 6 decreases over 12 rows or 3 decreases over 6 rows?  I did it over six rows and I don't think my V looks as dramatic as indieknitter's.

I'm half-way through one of the sleeves now.  I've made a bunch of mistakes, so I fear this might end up being a "practice Mrs. Darcy" to be frogged.  My first wife??....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my etsy
my knitting blog
my ravelry
Any B or C liners in the Boston area up for a knitting circle?  PM me.
Glaistig
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2007 09:35:48 AM »

Indieknitter, I appreciate you posting the pattern to begin with so I'll "wing it" a little too  Cheesy

Nataleeza, yes, I'm with peps. I hope your friend gets better and very soon!

Peps, it's good to know that I'm not crazy on the final count. I ripped back to a lifeline right before starting the 4 stitch bind offs so maybe I can play around with the shaping.  And I guess I would interpret the neckline bind off as "6 decreases over 12 rows" but if, in your opinion, yours looks less dramatic than Indieknitter's, it's probably the second interpretation?? Maybe, I'll give the front pieces a go next instead of the sleeves.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a Girl
How to Draw a Face Portrait
How to Draw a Domestic Dog
How to Draw a Domestic Cat
How to Use an Airbrush
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...