A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,142
Currently Running With Scissors:
500 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mrs. Darcy KAL  (Read 49250 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shadowjazz
« Reply #270 on: June 13, 2008 10:33:33 PM »

If it makes you feel any better, I'm making mine out of TLC Essentials which is 100% acrylic. I figure it's a sweater, not really going to be touching my skin, and it drapes decently.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Riki
« Reply #271 on: June 15, 2008 07:58:40 PM »

I loved this pattern so much I'm going out to buy yarn tomorrow.

I just wish I had a LYS. All I have is a multi-craft store with an entire shelf of acrylic yarn...o well.
These days, acrylic yarn is much, much nicer than back in the old days when it got such a bad rap. It comes in so many colors - is easy on the pocketbook - and so easy to just toss in the washer and dryer! So - just enjoy using what you can get and focus on the beauty of the pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abigail-Nicole
« Reply #272 on: June 15, 2008 09:38:13 PM »

I am so excited about this project now. This is the worst week to start knitting but I"m totally doing it anyway. I also love that it's based on the book. I've always wanted to knit something Catcher-in-the-Rye inspired...and Pride and Prejudice is so Victorian and leisure and perfect for a knitted garment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abigail-Nicole
shadowjazz
« Reply #273 on: June 15, 2008 11:26:21 PM »

I finally cast on for the right front - my last piece! I still dread the seaming and I lost my notes on how I did the left front but thank goodness I now have a row counter. It will come in handy for the endless stockinette at the top.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Riki
« Reply #274 on: June 15, 2008 11:38:47 PM »

I never liked seaming - which is why I did mine in the round ... however, once you learn to seam using the proper stitch (I don't know what it is called, but you lay the pieces flat on the table, right side up, pick up a thread from the right side and then from the left, and move on up in this way) - it is surprisingly painless. Although setting in the sleeves is never painless, unfortunately!

However, look ahead to actually wearing it! Then the seaming up should be bearable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littler4bbit
« Reply #275 on: June 23, 2008 11:22:38 PM »

i have officially put this project on hold. i had to take out a part to re-do the last button hole and in my haste to re-do the button hole i forgot to re-do the few inches i took out of the top. now the body of the sweater is really short. some people like that look, but it's not what i was going for. Sad it'll only be a few hours work to fix it, but it bothered me enough that this project got put on the back burner. i'll probably come back to it when things aren't so dang hot!

i still really love the pattern. keep on knitting, folks! i'll be back sooner or later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Riki
« Reply #276 on: June 24, 2008 06:47:47 PM »

Oh shucks on having to do that part over and THEN the too-short top.
I can see why it will go on the back burner for awhile, though ...

Hope to see it revived in time, once the bad memories are dimmed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shadowjazz
« Reply #277 on: June 29, 2008 06:02:11 PM »

I have some very sad news. I just finished the seaming only to find many problems. The back, which I knew was too short, is also not wide enough and the arms are ridiculously small from cuff to shoulder. I made the fronts wider to compensate for my body shape but they meet at the back leaving no room for my head.

So in short, I finished it in 6 months. It was my first sweater, first non-scarf and -hat pattern, and first attempt at seaming. I shall keep it for some day when I need a gift for someone much smaller and for memories sake.

I'll try and have pictures soon but right now I'm just too sad. Happy it's finished, sad I can't wear it (not that I'd want to in this weather).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Riki
« Reply #278 on: June 29, 2008 08:12:55 PM »

Well, I say congratulations for finishing!!! It was your first sweater project and so deserves a round of applause!

I had to re-do mine (for my sister) as well because it was just too small, and it is nearing completion on the second time around. If it doesn't fit this time - it is definitely going to be gifted elsewhere!

I think you should keep it around for memories - and if you find someone that would love it and appreciate all the hard work - then you will have found a worthy recipient. If not ... it is still something to keep and be proud of!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shadowjazz
« Reply #279 on: June 30, 2008 12:58:07 PM »

It also didn't help I had 19 st and 25 rows per 4" and the pattern calls for 16/20. I know I knit tight but I wasn't taking the seaming into account when measuring it haphazardly on myself while knitting. Oops!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Four Hot Trends From Milan Fashion Week
Diane Kruger Found Her Spirit Animal - Find Yours!
4 Top Outerwear Trends For Fall
4 Parisian Inspired Looks For Fall
Mark Fast - London - Spring 2014 - Backstage, Interviews & Runway
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...