A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,688
Currently Running With Scissors:
686 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: fabric/pattern organizer [pic chunky]  (Read 6836 times)
Tags for this thread: fabric_organizer , pattern_organizer , organizer  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lighthematch
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007 01:06:00 AM »

Oh my gosh!  I wish I could be so organized!  my fabric gets all thrown around by a week after organizing it--I'm not good at keeping a clean house  Wink.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Velour
Lady of the Scissors

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007 05:03:53 AM »

I can't remember where I read this quote, but this brings it to mind: "I'd love to be OCD, but I'm just too lazy"

Translation: Awesome organizing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nothing is craftier than a story Smiley http://writwratwrote.wordpress.com/
PirateMum
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2007 06:12:23 AM »

For reference, a pic of my fabric stash...

That closet's about... two feet deep by about six feet wide and eight feet tall.

As the enabler/assister/financier of this endeavor, I must object.  Wink  Our fabric stash.  And you've been amazing about organizing everything and coming up with this plan.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2007 06:23:04 AM »

Ooh. Most lovely. And if I was a true seamstress/had fabric that was in big enough piece to be stable, I'd do the same!  I think it's a magnificent idea (although I have nearly every other thing in my house that could use organizing organized in binders, and make 1-5 lists of "things to do" in different capacities every day... ha. So I'm a little tedious. But still very very messy. You're stash even looks marvellously organized!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarahpanda
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2007 07:07:37 AM »

I think it's brilliant. You will really be glad later that you put this binder together. I kind of want to make one for me now, and I'm not a professional!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stitchypanda.etsy.c om
gmail chat: sarahpanda
april_cocaine
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2007 09:27:02 AM »

I can't wait till the day my stash is so big I have to organise it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katie_ramone9
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2007 09:28:28 AM »

Not OCD, just organized.  All my sewing patterns and knitting patterns are organized in notebooks too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadyV

The Girl In The Green

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2007 01:48:41 PM »

For reference, a pic of my fabric stash...

That closet's about... two feet deep by about six feet wide and eight feet tall.

As the enabler/assister/financier of this endeavor, I must object.  Wink  Our fabric stash.  And you've been amazing about organizing everything and coming up with this plan.

Eeee, Mummy's on Craftster. <3 Yay. Most of it's yours anyway. Cheesy

Ooh. Most lovely. And if I was a true seamstress/had fabric that was in big enough piece to be stable, I'd do the same!  I think it's a magnificent idea (although I have nearly every other thing in my house that could use organizing organized in binders, and make 1-5 lists of "things to do" in different capacities every day... ha. So I'm a little tedious. But still very very messy. You're stash even looks marvellously organized!)

It is! It's all organized by content (for the most part).

I think it's brilliant. You will really be glad later that you put this binder together. I kind of want to make one for me now, and I'm not a professional!

As long as it stays in it's semi-organized state, I think so. Cheesy It's sort of fun to make, when you don't mind tedious-ness for several hours.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yea! Japanese speaking robots!"

I belong in 1540
kraftin_kittin
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2007 10:44:37 PM »

Definitely AWESOME!!! I so want to be that organized someday! You are my new role model of fabric organizing! I just recently got all of my scrapbooking in order, I really need to do something like this! I just went to a $1 fabric sale and came home with almost $200.00 worth! I don't even know what I"m gonna do with some of it, but I just couldn't stand to leave it in the store! You truly are genius!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I loves me some crafty goodness!
LadyV

The Girl In The Green

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2007 11:11:09 PM »

Definitely AWESOME!!! I so want to be that organized someday! You are my new role model of fabric organizing! I just recently got all of my scrapbooking in order, I really need to do something like this! I just went to a $1 fabric sale and came home with almost $200.00 worth! I don't even know what I"m gonna do with some of it, but I just couldn't stand to leave it in the store! You truly are genius!  Shocked

Holy crap! $1 fabric! I would KILL for a sale like that! Even with my Hancock's closing, we don't have deals that good!

Congrats on a ginourmous addition to your stash!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yea! Japanese speaking robots!"

I belong in 1540
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Candle Lace Covers
How to Crochet Beanie Hat
How to Crochet Cell Phone Protector
How to Crochet an iPhone Purse
How to Use Voile in Sewing Projects
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...