A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,540
Currently Running With Scissors:
689 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Owl Swap Round 4. Signups April 12-May 2. Send-outs June 10! SIGNUPS CLOSED!  (Read 16713 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rozekitten

Glue, buttons, and a wall. Hmmm...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #200 on: June 08, 2007 05:44:11 PM »

I was wondering the same thing myself.  I thought I would have already sent off, but I keep adding more and more to some of the items.  Overload!  Don't worry indie-knitter I'll put the craft glue down soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #201 on: June 08, 2007 06:42:23 PM »

I figured that while I was waiting for some spray adhesive to dry and de-fume, I'd look at Craftster for a bit...so relaxing...

And, I am feeling better about how my revised large item-which is smaller in size now, but still large in effort- is coming out. Of course, I've only done the first step. The next step is the killer step...at least it was on the original version...

I may add one more item in the morning just to make up for anything my partner thinks is high on the "ick" factor...even though I love everything I've made so far...  Wink

Okay...fumes must be gone by now...but since I sprayed it on the porch with the door open, there may be some bugs stuck to it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Queen of the Savages
« Reply #202 on: June 08, 2007 06:59:26 PM »

I haven't heard anything from my partner since May 21st, so I hope it is understandable if I don't send by the send out date.
I don't know what to do, as of now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #203 on: June 08, 2007 07:55:05 PM »

I haven't heard anything from my partner since May 21st, so I hope it is understandable if I don't send by the send out date.
I don't know what to do, as of now.

Has she still been inactive? I hope nothing serious happened to her...

As silly as it sounds, just in case something happens to me and I am out of commission and computer range for a while, I always want to leave a note for someone that says, "In case of emergency, please contact my swap partner to let them know that I haven't flaked..." I haven't done that yet, because it would mean that I have totally given over to swap anxiety... Wink

If I miss the post office tomorrow, I'll have extra time to make another item for my partner...I could make two sets and send one to you as a "mini angel" or a consolation prize since you didn't send to her yet...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Queen of the Savages
« Reply #204 on: June 08, 2007 09:38:53 PM »

Oh no, no need for that, CraftADDchick. I haven't sent, but I'm sure there is someone out there willing to do an owl swap with me. Smiley And if not, I have definitely challenged myself with this swap in making some groovy new items to expand my crafty horizons.

And I don't think your idea is silly at all. It sounds pretty clever, and I think it's something we should all consider.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #205 on: June 10, 2007 05:27:30 AM »

I am officially done! My large project took way longer than 4 1/2 hours to complete, but it came out pretty good, so it was worth the time. Of course, I never touched the very LARGE stack of papers that I have to grade, and I have to have my term and end of year grades done by Friday...but it was still worth it!

I just need to pack it all up and it will be in the mail tomorrow afternoon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

christinacoghill

My biggest fans!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #206 on: June 10, 2007 02:17:14 PM »

I missed mailing my package out yesterday!  I am a horrible mother. My youngest son has had this cough for a week and it wasn't going away. But he did not have a fever or complained about being ill. And his appetite was just fine. He even played 2 nights of baseball games and went to track and field practise. Well Friday night he wasn't playing as well as he normally does and was very crabby. The cough was really bad Friday night. So Saturday we bring him to the emergency room.  Of course several nurses and the doctor asking us you brought him in for a cough?  Then an X-ray and a breathing treatment later. My son has pnemonia.  The doctor said we caught it in time so he didn't have to be in the hospital, but he is on heavy duty antibotics and an inhaler.  He is still acting fine, but is still coughing.  Poor kid, and heres Mom telling him to stop coughing and play ball. But the package will be in the mail Monday morning since I am boycotting all credit cards and that is the only way to mail out on a Sunday here. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #207 on: June 10, 2007 06:16:15 PM »

Oh my goodness! I'm glad that your son will be okay! That's about the fifth person that I've heard of in the past few months that has pneumonia!

I have my package almost set- I just can't find the tape to tape the box up, so I'll pick some up at the post office between the end of my school day and my 3:45 meeting. Fortunately, the post office is close to the meeting, so I should make everything okay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AmaZing
« Reply #208 on: June 12, 2007 09:37:36 AM »

Ok, I think that I have everything updated.

Please let me and craftADDchick know when you have sent and recieved!

If you need feedback, please pm me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rozekitten

Glue, buttons, and a wall. Hmmm...

« Reply #209 on: June 23, 2007 07:51:26 AM »

Indie-knitter received from me yesterday!  Hooray!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Should I use automatic or manual focus settings on my camera?
What are the different automatic exposure settings?
What is exposure?
What are some basic rules of shot composition?
What is the best camera for everyday shooting?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...