A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 304,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
644 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Election night crafting??  (Read 7517 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

706Designs
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" -Joseph Chilton Pearce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2004 10:56:01 PM »

Madebykris- I live in a swing state too (IA) and I'm too worked up to sleep.  I tried crafting, but all of my attempts got botched.  I have a hard enough time cutting a straight line without being worked up...lol 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Laamissa
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2004 12:07:59 PM »

I made marble pins, marble hair clips, and marble magnets for my BF's band.  They are all of the bands logo.  They are prototypes for merch to try to sell at their next show.   We'll see how it goes.  How much do you think they could sell individual marble items for?  I was thinking 50 cents for the magnets, 75 cents-$1.00 for the hair clips and the pins?
Its been a long night and morning for us here on the East Coast awaiting the results to roll in.                 ~M
« Last Edit: November 03, 2004 12:12:36 PM by Laamissa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*D.I.Y or BUST!*~

www.Pumpky.etsy.com
kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2004 12:37:34 PM »

I worked a little bit on a scarf for a friend, but I mainly just worked on calc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

melidomi

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2004 12:45:44 PM »

I knitted most of a shrug (from the advertising section of the latest vogue knitting) while watching.  I kinda felt like I was fiddling as rome burned.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EmilyFlew

..sweets4ever is so rad..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2004 12:51:24 PM »

melidomi, so true! I didn't end up getting much sewing done. I mostly stared at the TV in shock. And smoked many cigarettes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

technocutie, handmade iPod cases and felt accoutrements
thoughts and days.

I <3 the mod squad ladies!
madebykris
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2004 03:55:55 PM »

Madebykris- I live in a swing state too (IA) and I'm too worked up to sleep.  I tried crafting, but all of my attempts got botched.  I have a hard enough time cutting a straight line without being worked up...lol 

Hey!  I'm in Iowa, too.  Cedar Falls, actually.  Where abouts are you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Consistantly update content available at www.madebykris.com, inconsistantly updated content available at www.lusterstudio.com
706Designs
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" -Joseph Chilton Pearce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2004 06:51:58 PM »

Hey!  I'm in Iowa, too.  Cedar Falls, actually.  Where abouts are you?

I live about 20 northwest of Des Moines.  Glad to see there are more craftsters from Iowa!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2004 09:25:21 PM »

I crocheted, and went to bed early.  But I was sick.  If I'd been feeling better, I'm sure I'd have stayed up with my husband and crafted my little heart away.

Darn Iowans.  Now see, if you'd just move to Nebraska, you wouldn't have to put up with living in a swing state, and it isn't much different here...  Well, unless you're a liberal.  Then you can vote every election, hold your breath and die from asphyxiation and it never counts for a wooden nickel.  But, as I've said before, the only wasted vote is from someone who could have voted but didn't.  It IS sometimes a little frightening to know that out of every 10 people I meet, only about 2 of them agree with me.  (And also to know how those numbers crunch down to me and the other four people in my office...) 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
dani24

I am so smart! S-M-R-T....oops! I mean S-M-A-R-T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2004 09:36:15 PM »

Lothruin, I know exactly how you feel... but on the other side of the "political divide."  I'm a Republican living in the San Francisco Bay Area.  I went to Berkeley, and did not remain a closeted conservative for long.  I've been bashed, threatened, attacked (physically and verbally), put down, unfairly graded, scoffed at, etc.  It's hard being the black sheep in a sea of white, fluffy wool.  But, it's taught me a different respect and tolerance of other people's opinions, and taught me to truly think for myself.  When you're part of the "majority" it's easy to stop thinking and just go with the flow.  Good for you for holding firm in your beliefs, despite being one of few like you in your area.

And I know how it feels to vote, yet know that your issue/candidate isn't going to win in your area anyway.  But, any person who says "My state always votes X way, so I'm not going to bother voting since it won't make a difference" is sadly misguided.  Sometimes elections are decided on a handful of voters.  Sometimes things change.  And if everyone who felt that their vote didn't really count didn't show up, they'd be doing a major disservice to their views.  If nothing else, it shows the other side that not everyone supports them.  Will that make a difference?  Maybe not, but maybe so, to someone.  And voting is not a priveledge, it's a right that everyone should exercise, lest it somehow gets taken away.  Besides, people have no right to complain if they didn't at least attempt to have their voice heard.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2004 10:15:40 PM »

I haven't yet been attacked physically, but only because I'm mean-lookin'.  (Well, OK, I already mentioned in another thread that I'm a tree-hugger, so I know you won't believe me.  I'm not THAT mean-lookin'.)  I've been sworn at, threatened, and as recently as yesterday called treasonous a la Ann Coulter (spit spit hiss hiss nreow!).  People can disagree with me all they want.  I love my country, and part of that is freedom of speech.  There are only a couple of things that get me riled up.  One is when someone questions my patriotism, and the second is when someone tells me I'm just lucky I live in a country where I can say those kinds of things.  (It isn't luck, baby, it's my civic duty!)  Unfortunately, both of those things happen pretty regularly.  But that's OK, I kind of enjoy getting riled up.  Wink

I only disagree with you about one thing.  (Well, one thing out of what you posted.  I'm guessing we probably disagree on a lot...)  Voting:  Its not a right, either.  It's a patriotic obligation.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
House Rules Book Trailer
Meet Author Mike Dooley
Meet Author Lisa Lutz
Ann Pearlman Reveals Her Favorite Books
Tom Rob Smith Talks About The Secret Speech
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...