A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 304,843
Currently Running With Scissors:
421 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: some of my scrapbook pages (image heavy!)  (Read 3384 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

carrievision

I'm walkin' on sushi.

View Profile WWW
« on: November 02, 2004 02:47:41 PM »

Here's some of my scrapbook pages.  I've been scrapbooking for about 5 years, but these are some of my most recent (and decent) pages.  These are from traveling, so I like to put cut outs from brochures, tickets, etc.  I use some of the pre-made stickers (like the "Mexico" sticker) but hopefully it's not too tacky! lol.  I really have trouble resisting them.  haha.

It looks like the message board automatically resizes the images, so if you want to see them full size, go to : http://www.carrievision.com/craftster/ --- the scrapbook images are sb1, sb2, etc.  I used to scan all my scrapbook pages and put them on this site:  http://www.carrievision.com/scrapbook/, but that got too cumbersome.  Plus I use a digital camera now, and print my favorites through dotphoto for my paper scrapbooks, so I make digital albums now instead.

http://www.carrievision.com/craftster/sb1.jpg
http://www.carrievision.com/craftster/sb2.jpg
http://www.carrievision.com/craftster/sb3.jpg
http://www.carrievision.com/craftster/sb4.jpg

I've been tempted to take some scrapbooking classes through the local scrapbook shop - but haven't yet.  I'm too afraid they teach the really cumbersome ideas (eyelets, gluing on millions of little leaves or punches, etc.) like on that scrapbook show on the DIY channel.  Smiley lol.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011 06:52:57 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Black_Cat
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004 09:02:42 AM »

Very cool! I wish I got to travel as much. But i'm stuck here   Undecided Great job!  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ModernDayDauphine
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005 05:44:17 PM »

great pages, and I LOVE senor frogs!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Karensff
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005 12:29:47 AM »

Those are great pages. They look really fun.

Karen Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LawdHaveMercy
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2005 09:47:04 AM »

Great pages!

I think you live near me (Morrisville).  I have also thought about taking classes at the scrapbook store, but was scared away by images of being surrounded by women with high-waisted jeans and Keds, die-cutting baby bottles until their fingers bled.   Undecided  Maybe we could go to one of the open crops together and check it out.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
kelspots
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005 11:48:25 AM »

LawdHaveMercy -
I'm not sure where you live, but you probably shouldn't worry about the "women with high-waisted jeans and Keds, die-cutting baby bottles until their fingers bled" (what a GREAT image I have in my mind though!  Cheesy ) I live in the middle of Ohio and while yes, the majority of scrapbookers are the very women you mention, there are a whole lot of us who do whatever we can to make sure we DON'T fit into that category.  I have taught at 2 different LSS's and I had people in my classes from high school age to 70, all makes and models.  And especially with the way the industry trends nowadays, toward more realistic-looking, 3D embellishments and collage-type pieces there are a lot of different styles that people tend toward.  I think you should definiitely go to a crop - there may be another person like you out there who's looking to meet a kindred spirit too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
carrievision

I'm walkin' on sushi.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005 03:59:08 PM »

Great pages!

I think you live near me (Morrisville). I have also thought about taking classes at the scrapbook store, but was scared away by images of being surrounded by women with high-waisted jeans and Keds, die-cutting baby bottles until their fingers bled. Undecided Maybe we could go to one of the open crops together and check it out.

Thanks for the compliment!

Yes we should !  I have not been working on the scrapbooking stuff at all and maybe I just need to be surrounded by the high-waisted pants ladies for some motivation.  I have like 2003 and later to organize and work on. Yikes.

Plus, we can set up a bet as to how many vans or SUVs with soccer ball stickers on the back will be in the parking lot.  Smiley haha. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LawdHaveMercy
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2005 06:04:37 PM »

Well, hell, I haven't even started on my 1998 trip to London.  I think you're doing pretty good!

I haven't scrapped in so long.  I think it's because all my stuff is so disorganized.   Cry  I need motivation to get moving again.

It would be kind of hypocritical of me to place the mini-van/soccer sticker bet...as I roll up in that piece in my Volvo station wagon, lol.   Wink

Have you been to that store lately?  They have so much cool new stuff!  I'm refraining from buying until I actually use some of my current stash.  But, anyway, we should go!  I think the Saturday ones would be best for me.  Maybe we should post on the NC board as well and see if anyone from there would be interested.

And thanks, Kelspots for your input!  I hope I didn't sound snobby...I just fear not fitting in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarcasmik
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2005 09:21:22 PM »

i love how personal and fun yours looks.  so many scrapbooks will have like one picture per page or look all impersonal and pre-fabricated.  *applauds*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"we are the music makers,
          and we are the dreamers of the dreams."
monkey8m
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007 01:06:29 AM »

very personal. cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Northern Lights: Is This the Greatest Bar in the World?
An Exercise in Wallpaper: Why the Eye Likes Patterns
Chandelier Casts Tree Shadows on Wall
Hudson Yards Exhibition Space Design
How to Decorate Outdoor Rooms
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...