A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,548
Currently Running With Scissors:
692 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pin Up Gift (Img. heavy)  (Read 1698 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CraftyImperfections

Paper cuts and hot glue burns since 1985

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2007 05:38:17 PM »

O.k., so my hubbys birthday is Friday (the 13th- yeah, I know, he IS evil ,the friday the 13th birthday thing has happened to him like 3 times already)  and I had a friend take some nice pin up pictures of me for him but I don't know what to do with them- a calendar is out, too late in the year, and I'd feel weird just giving him a few framed pictures, because I live here too, wouldn't it seem a little vain of me? Also, I'm thinking this might not be such a good idea anyway, I kind of always dress like this, so I wonder if he will think it's just no big deal..   Anyway.   It will be o.k. if his gift is a little late, so if your ideas are kinda big that's o.k. too. Or if you think I should just scrap the whole thing, lemme know.   Here are a few shots that I'll be using, PLEASE HELP!!  (I look like such a tool, I know)

I have no idea why the last picture is upside down, but jsut tilt your neck and lemme know what you think!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's swap.
khraene
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007 06:00:26 PM »

I think it'd be cool if you printed out the pictures and decoupaged them on something with a pin-up theme Cheesy

Oh, and I really like the perspective on the second picture XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xfoxglove
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007 06:45:45 PM »

Hmm, I second the decopauge idea.  I think they'd be killer on a tray, but that might not be... manly enough.  Maybe a wooden box he keeps things in?

Or maybe you could give them to him and make something extra.  Turn one into a stencil and put it onto a shirt.  Or on a picture frame.  Or... use the image to frost some glasses, though that might be too complicated. 

Now, this might be even more complicated, but... cufflinks?  I found this link.

http://inthecuff.com/generic55.html;$sessionid$2PEQN0AAAAHIBTZENUFUTIWPERWRJPX0

These pics are a little... eh, especially the company ones.  But I think ones with your photos would be pretty awesome.  Just the time & money issue and if he actually needs them.  Haha.

But whatever you do, they're awesome pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace.com/xfoxglove
bellarosa
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007 08:04:20 PM »

Those pics are awesome!  A frind of mine once made a quilt with pictures of an old school truck her boyfriend was fixing up.  I think she just used transfer paper to put the photos on cloth and used a camo pattern for the rest.  It turned out really cute, and he loved it!  Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Maybe imagination is only intelligence having fun"
CraftyImperfections

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007 03:46:15 AM »

I like all your ideas, I think frosting some glasses would be cool, also using a stencil... but I don't know what I'd put the stencil on.  Doesn't this seem kindof vain of me?  I'm really not I swear!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's swap.
jezzyloo
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007 03:08:15 AM »

How about for the 3rd pic, cut it out and make a plexiglass keychain like in this tutorial?: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=129585.0

You could also make some of them wallet-size and laminate them back to back for his wallet.

Such cute pictures!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyImperfections

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007 09:26:43 AM »

Thanks for your ideas, I don't hink he'd carry a key chain, but the laminated pics would probably be the best bet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's swap.
ScotSkipper402
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007 10:59:21 AM »

Your husband is a lucky man.

Forget "vanity". I'd get one blown up and transfered to a big canvas. Hang it in your bedroom. Or over the fireplace!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
CraftyImperfections

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007 09:26:20 AM »

LOL, thanks, I wish I had that kind of self confidence in myself, but putting up a huge canvas with me on it would probably just make me pick out all my little flaws all the time.  But I REALLY appreciate your compliment!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's swap.
angeleah
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007 12:08:00 PM »

First - You look lovely.
Second - It is not vain to give your husband pictures of yourself.  They turned out great and it would be a shame not to use them for anything.  I second the idea of enlarging one and putting it on canvas to hang.  The pictures really are great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Reuse Old Tubes of Watercolor Paint
How to Protect Your Paintings from Damage
Assembling Supplies for Plein Air Painting
How to Draw Bamboo with Watercolor
How to Create Snow with Watercolor
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...