A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
490 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: *Sarah's September 22nd Wedding Stuff*  (Read 15866 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , save_the_date , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2007 07:10:42 AM »

wow - that bouquet is gorgeous - you and your husband look so great together.  congrats on getting married, and finding a super great price on flowers  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
OriginalYouth
Random Snarky Crafted Goodness!

Snarkier than Thou...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2007 08:53:29 AM »

wow - that bouquet is gorgeous - you and your husband look so great together.  congrats on getting married, and finding a super great price on flowers  Grin

Thanks!  I made that tiara too.  Smiley  I really do need to upload some photos sometime, we did the whole thing in 5 months, on a $2,000 budget.  That includes our clothes, and cake and cookies for 200 people. Bargain!   Several people said it was the most lovely and unique wedding they had ever been to.
Of course, several of the big things were 'donated' by friends and family, or done for free:
Church, Pastor, Music (guitar and flute), Cake, Groom's Cake, Engagement Photos, Wedding Photos,
And I made these:
Invitations, Thank-yous, Programs, Bridesmaid Dresses and Jewelry, my Tiara and Veil and purse, all the Flowers for bouquets, corsages and arrangements, Mints, Centerpieces, Gifts for participants, Flower girl basket, ring bearer's pillow....Oh and I was BUSY and not so relaxed, but not QUITE a bridezilla....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flowerofedo
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2007 11:24:09 PM »

SAVE THE DATE - postcards
Our photographer threw in an "engagement session", so I have her to thank for the marvelous pics.  Everything else is done in Photoshop/Illustrator.
Front
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/Shimmer413/Wedding/savethedate.jpg

Back
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/Shimmer413/Wedding/savethedate-backblur.jpg

What font did you use for the blue "Sarah and Jay"? I really like it.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007 11:37:42 AM by sweets4ever - Reason: To remove photos from quote - please remember to change images to links when quoting. Thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kimmipoo
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2007 04:11:01 AM »

Sarah I am originally from Middlebury, now in NH.   Nice to see a VT face on here.  Congrats!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shimmer413

i'm a non-monotasker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2007 05:43:15 AM »

flowerofedo, the font name is called Vivaldi.

kimmipoo, yay for vermonters!!  Grin

I've been such a slacker about posting on here... My invites are all done, just need to be posted and addressed and I have yet to take pics.  ALL of my flowers are done now too (they came out absolutely gorgeous if I do say so myself!).  We just moved and don't have internet at home, so that's my excuse for now...  Cheesy haha... Lots more to post though... pics promised shortly
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i like to dabble in it all... curiosity keeps me crafty.

my blog: paper + stitch
misplacedhippie
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2007 05:53:54 AM »

Ok so I love the Website Idea!  If I marry my fella we would be marrying out of town for my Entire family (he wants to marry at the family church, fine with me).  I was wondering how, without reserving an entire hotel, to get that information to the family.  Plus the information they dont put on hotel internet listing (miles from nowhere, shady part of town, etc).  Your save the date cards are lovely.  How is the rest of the wedding going?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/misplacedhippie

Desperately seeking Beatles Fabric (found at some walmarts).  Will trade/send money/ Send Elvis Fabric (what my walmart has). PM me! Please!
decoratorwannab
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2007 11:30:21 AM »

My best friend is in the process of getting married and her sister and I are literally taking part in just about as much of the planning as she is =). I came across this crafty bridal section on bhg.com:http://www.bhg.com/bhg/category.jsp?categoryid=/templatedata/bhg/category/data/Weddings_BridalParty.xml take a look - might help you with more ideas (or organization of ideas)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2007 04:47:58 PM »

whooaa, originalyouth - is that the standard price, or was there some crazy sale?  how'd you pull that off?

Every Sam's Club has an independent florist that runs the floral section, so the price varies from store to store.  I had been prepared to pay $110 per 15 dozen, (that's what my local store charged) but the store where we got married was just insanely cheap for some reason.  So, if you want to get married in August in Corpus Christi, Texas you have got it MADE!  I've done flowers for other weddings and the price varied everywhere.  Also, sometimes the flower size does vary also, just make sure you read the fine print to see what you are getting. 

I didn't think I had any photos from my wedding online, but remembered I made this ATC for the 'Amore' challenge a few months ago, it has a wedding pic with my bouquet to show the size of the flowers.  We made it on Friday afternoon and kept it in the refrigerator, the wedding was Saturday at 2pm and the roses were TIGHT.  I took it with us on the honeymoon, and it opened up really nicely about MONDAY and lasted most of the week!

Beautiful ATC, OY. Stunning.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Shimmer413

i'm a non-monotasker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2007 08:04:42 AM »

Just made a huge update with lots of pics in first post!  Check 'em out!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i like to dabble in it all... curiosity keeps me crafty.

my blog: paper + stitch
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2007 08:09:21 AM »

WOWie, what an update!

It's beautiful to see your ideas ad wedding all coming together!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happier than a unicorn eating cake on a rainbow.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Paint - Motion 3
How to Create a Burning Effect - Motion 3
How to Use The Color Corrector - Final Cut Pro
How to Use Supreme Tracking - Final Cut Pro
How to Get Smooth Cam Results - Motion 3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...