A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,516
Currently Running With Scissors:
580 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: *Sarah's September 22nd Wedding Stuff*  (Read 16686 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , save_the_date , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Shimmer413

i'm a non-monotasker.

View Profile WWW
« on: April 11, 2007 01:13:31 PM »

Updated: 10/12/07
WEDDING IS ALL OVER... Poo!  But I have uploaded some pics from our day on PAGE 4!!

Ok, so I've been poking around these boards for a while now and finally decided to start my own thread.  I'm getting married in September and could always use some outside opinions on stuff.  I'm so excited and love to craft my own stuff (even if its just as expensive as buying premade and super time consuming, I love it nonetheless!)  I'll be updating this when I finish something and I'll be posting for advice and critique too!

For now, all I have completed is our Save The Dates.  I just finished my mock up of our invitation last night, so pictures of that will be coming soon too.  Thanks for taking a peek!   Grin 

Here's a list of my crafty To Do's so far:
Save the Dates
Invitations
Programs - Newsletter style scrolls (like these: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=107723.0 from binkey75)
Wedding Party Emergency Kits - One for the girls, One for the guys   
"Through the Years" photo board
Flowers (we're doing silks this weekend! yay!)
Martha Stewart's Pom-Poms for reception decor - did a test run with these and they came out great! Decided to ixnay these.
Make pocketsquares for the groomsmen
"In lieu of favors...donation" - in frame
Tags for our Love Knot bubbles
Centerpieces/decorations
Handmade cards for each member of wedding party

SAVE THE DATE - postcards
Our photographer threw in an "engagement session", so I have her to thank for the marvelous pics.  Everything else is done in Photoshop/Illustrator.
Front

Back

INVITATIONS
Here are our invitations!  #10 Backings in Soft White from Paper Source. Vine vellum, thick papers in white and ivory, and white cardstock from Paper Direct.  Designed by moi in Illustrator.  Printed on my trusty HP printer.  Cutting was the worst part... took forever and a day, but well worth the effort in my opinion.  #10 Envelopes with end openings in ivory from Paper and More, my own calligraphy for addresses (not pictured).  Also, these were hugely inspired by these fabulous craftsters and their invites (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=44757.0 and http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=21565.0).

Front with vine vellum (love this stuff!)

Invitation page

Directions, Accommodations, Misc. Info

RSVP Postcard - perforated for tear-off

Back of RSVP Postcard - self inking stamp with our address (time-saver!)

FLOWERS

My mom, her friend, one of my bridesmaids, and myself helped do my flowers a few months ago.  We bought high-quality silks and I think they came out fabulous!!

My bouquet!  Wish I had taken a pic when it was all wrapped.  We wrapped the stems with teal ribbon, criss-crossed with thin ivory ribbon and stuck pearl headed pins in the crosses, and left the bottom few inches exposed for a natural look.

Here you can see my bouquet and some bridesmaid bouquets.  We also did corsages and boutennieres.  Wrapped with pretty teal ribbon.

DRESS

Ok, so it's not crafty, but my dress came in and I had to show it off!  It's Maggie Sottero's Grace.  I love love love it and didn't want to take it off.  I tried on with shoes, earrings, headpiece, bracelet etc.  Found out I don't love the earrings, time to look for or make new ones!  The best part - no alterations needed on the dress except bustle!  Wahoo!  That's not my veil in these pics... you can see that in beauty salon pics.

Mirror shot - you can see back and front in the mirror

Front

Back - it'll be tied up in a pretty even bow on the real day.

HAIR AND MAKEUP

Again, not so crafty, but had my run through hair and makeup this weekend and I was impressed at her handiwork!!  That stylist is an angel!   Cheesy

(There's my veil...  Wink)

And, because I'm always looking for decorating/setup ideas for our location, here it is.

Here's what we were thinking for setup - Stantions with tulle making aisles/barracades from the public (it is a public park), chairs, "aisle" between the trees, and arch where Mom and I are standing.  That's Lake Champlain in the background...ahhh..   Smiley

Looking up at our reception hall - it's hiding in there behind the trees.  There's actually three buildings on site.

A pretty house on the property - circa 1790!   Smiley  Will make a pretty place for pics outside.

MISCELLANEOUS SCHTUFF

Pocket squares for all the groomsmen and my hubby-to-be.  I just bought some pretty teal satin and stapled onto thin cardboard, covered staples with more satin and double stick taped!  Voila!  Super easy, but I did make a few test samples with muslin first.  The cardboard can be trimmed on the bottom for each guys different pocket depth, since they are not all wearing the standard-from-the-shop tuxes.

Bubble wands for the ceremony.  This was inspired by some craftster here, but I can't find the link (sorry!).  Printed off the computer, punched and threaded with teal ribbon.  Sorry for the darkness in the pic.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2007 12:18:02 PM by Shimmer413 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

i like to dabble in it all... curiosity keeps me crafty.

my blog: paper + stitch
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007 01:31:13 PM »

i really like those save the dates - the little photo strip on the side is SO adorable.  i'm doing silks for flowers, too - what kind will you be using?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
Shimmer413

i'm a non-monotasker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007 01:35:42 PM »

i really like those save the dates - the little photo strip on the side is SO adorable.  i'm doing silks for flowers, too - what kind will you be using?

Thanks!  I am using some nice high quality calla lillies, deep yellow ranunculus, and pale green hydrangea mostly, with a few other fillers added in.  I actually won't be able to take credit for the flowers... my mom's friend is helping with them.  She's amazing with flowers.  Me?  Not so much.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Samela2281
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007 01:52:52 PM »

you're getting married on my birthday... it's a VERY good day, I've had 25 years of experience with it and so I know you'll love it.  Sometimes it's the first day of autumn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007 03:06:08 PM »

Are you guys ordering your flowers online or local?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007 03:11:01 PM »

i found mine locally, at craft warehouse - i'll be using gerbera daisies, and they were 50 cents a stem.  i was pleased  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007 03:21:41 PM »

Ahh, okay!

I'm considering silks - 1) I want to keep mine w/o paying to preserve, 2) something else I could get done ahead of time/not freak out about that day/week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shimmer413

i'm a non-monotasker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007 03:28:53 PM »

Sweets, I'm a huge fan of silks for just the reasons you stated... and if you can find the right flowers for your needs, they can save you BIG on your budget!  We crafty brides like that too!  I got most of my flowers at Michael's, but I made sure to be choosy about the quality of the ones I picked up.  I also got many at afloral.com, which is an AWESOME AWESOME resource for all of your silk flower needs.  They even have some fully done bouquets there.  I got a lot of supplies (floral tape, pins, etc) there for cheap.  Another good one to check out (for completed bouquets is angelsaccents.com).  Good luck and let us know your findings!  What kind of flowers are you looking for?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007 03:37:18 PM »

yeah, sweets, i wanted silks mostly for reason #2 - i know that the more i'm able to get done ahead of time, the better.  did you have a good experience ordering online, shimmer?  i was a bit afraid because i wouldn't be able to judge quality.  i might get some filler at afloral - thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007 03:39:11 PM »

Awe, you guys are THE best!!

I'm looking for shades in deep red wine, but I don't think I want traditional roses.  I'm also going to incorporate some crystals into my bouquet.

My MOH will be all crystals like this (but our colors):

So I was thinking for mine to do flowers and some crystals to pick up some love for her bouquet.  Like this...

...but with our colors, like this! Smiley  Our colors are red wine/black with silver accents.  I'm in love with this one - it's a bunch of Red Lion amaryllis, Fancy Amazon roses, and exotic-looking chinaberries.

did you have a good experience ordering online, shimmer?  i was a bit afraid because i wouldn't be able to judge quality.  i might get some filler at afloral - thanks!

I was worried for the same exact reason!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bold Eyes and Bold Lips
Full of Volume
Katia Beauchamp With Marlo Thomas
How To Conceal Wrinkles Without Looking Pasty, from Katia Beauchamp
Five Essential Make-Up Items, from Katia Beauchamp
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...