A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,474
Currently Running With Scissors:
655 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Questions About Hairstyles!  (Read 125507 times)
Tags for this thread: hairstyle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #940 on: October 03, 2011 04:35:59 AM »

I use a tri-wheat soy protein spray that I purchased at the salon to help strengthen after bleaching (& in general) it saved my life!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #941 on: October 03, 2011 11:17:26 AM »

I use a tri-wheat soy protein spray that I purchased at the salon to help strengthen after bleaching (& in general) it saved my life!
There is also some leave in treatment called Infusium23. Site:http://www.infusium23.com/ You can generally buy this at pharmacy stores, like CVS, Walgreens, Walmart or public cosmetology stores like Sally's Beauty Supplies. My mother has been a stylist for over 35 years and she uses this on mine & my sisters hair when we get perms, straighteners, or dye jobs. I use it every once in a while after not using conditioner for like a week to get rid of the build up and it leaves my hair feeling pretty healthy. It's not too pricy for such a large bottle that lasts a while.

Just remember, when you take out the moisture in your hair, put some back in. Vit E, avocados, grapes all eaten will help too. Smiley Good luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IridescentDoll
« Reply #942 on: October 03, 2011 01:26:57 PM »

Thanks so much guys Smiley Im not panicking too much anymore.. I just keep conditioning and conditioning lol.. If this doesnt work it did for my mom but im going to try ya'lls suggestions Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want a man who will dance with me like Harry danced with Hermione and love me like Snape loved Lily <3

Most girls are waiting for their Prince Charming. I'm waiting for my Time Lord <3
cassiecate57
« Reply #943 on: January 11, 2012 08:19:20 PM »

soooo i'm interested in cutting my own hair (not anyone else's yet). i'm interested in any resources. helpful textbooks, youtubers, shear recommendations. i am not paying for cosmetology school. i learned makeup on my own and it took years but i'd say i'm beyond competent now.

where do i start with cutting? i have long hair that gets razored to thin it out. i'm only interested in trims and thinning, no major style changes as of yet.

i've watched a few videos. i've read a few articles. i am feeling more dedicated to my would-be craft. share!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
&blog
˙˙˙ǝɹǝɥ pɐɯ ןןɐ ǝɹ,ǝʍ

timshel
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #944 on: January 12, 2012 11:00:55 AM »

does anyone have experience with henna? Good/Bad...I want to hear it all, and what you used.
I've given up the pink (again) in favour of more natural reds, but the salon did a number on me Sad
They used effasol to strip as much of the pink as they could, and put in a colour. Well, once again, they didn't use a filler over the bleached front of my hair, nor take into consideration hot roots, nor the colour on the rest of my hair. Instead of a gorgeous gingery-auburn, I have pinky-peach in the front, with roots in the correct colour, and the rest of my hair is just brown. It looks AWFUL!

I am so sick of the ups & downs of using all these chemicals is just destroying my hair.
I have let it sit for a while to calm back down, as it was pretty rough after going to the salon.
From my reading, if you stick to body art quality hennas, rather than commercial "hair hennas" you don't have the issues with the metallic deposits... I want to go red; a gorgeous, healthy, natural red, and stop using so many chemicals.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ragdoll193
« Reply #945 on: January 13, 2012 06:14:14 AM »

I use henna all the time! I have been using The Henna dye that can be found at Whole Foods, but I don't think I will continue that anymore, as it felt like I was running sand through my hair. I am going to start using Body Art Quality Henna next time I henna my hair, just for the better feel.

I did the henna over Special Effects Atomic Pink that was 6 months old, and I do still have some pink peeking through, but it blends in mostly.

The henna is so nice on my hair, too. I tend to have dry hair, but the henna super conditions it and it is silky soft again.

The only downside I have ever found to using henna is that my head smells like dirt for about a week and a half afterwards Cheesy

www.hennaforhair.com has various recipes, and you can order from them I believe. I don't have anything tried and true yet though, that will hopefully be suggested by another person Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
♥the military will not stop me from crafting♥
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #946 on: January 13, 2012 07:33:32 AM »

SFX Atomic Pink is what was in my hair too Smiley
Best pink on the market, by far!

I actually ordered from hennaforhair, and have bookmarked a recipe I want to try, with several additives to the BAQ henna. I'm hoping the paprika & tumeric will help mask the odour a bit... http://www.hennaforhair.com/mixes/anya/

Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ragdoll193
« Reply #947 on: January 14, 2012 12:32:38 PM »

I did add paprika once, and it made a gorgeous shade of red Smiley I don't remember if it helped the smell at all Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
♥the military will not stop me from crafting♥
violentjayne
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: August 07, 2012 12:26:06 PM »

I really like SIDE CUTs but My Bf not so much ...so I photo shopped a few examples of how Id look and I still love it . I just wanted to take kind of a poll and see who likes and thinks I should go for it and who thinks I should leave My hair as it

I like the way it looks and it would only be one side - it dosnt go around the back or on the other side , and when My hair is down you couldnt tell at all

this one is just for fun - I wouldnt shave it the skin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #949 on: August 07, 2012 12:31:07 PM »

I think it might be fun! That's like what Anya from Project Runway has, right? And she can still do tons of fun stuff with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Supervillain Origins: Sinestro
Superhero Origins: The Green Hornet
Supervillain Origins: Hector Hammond
Superhero Origins: The Green Lantern
How to Draw Phineas Flynn from Phineas and Ferb
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...