A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,967
Currently Running With Scissors:
618 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 96
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Questions About Hairstyles!  (Read 122229 times)
Tags for this thread: hairstyle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shewolf
I call her Vera.

The hero of Canton

View Profile WWW
« Reply #860 on: August 06, 2009 04:58:37 AM »

So doing this won't fry my hair?

I had my hair permed 2 months ago ( And I still look like a poodle Wink ) and was talking about doing this for a Con. Pink is the exact color, using the RAW dye. My hair is a pretty deep brown, so it won't show very well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < ) Copy Bunny into your signature or be EATEN!

www.rattleheadgames .com - for all your gaming needs!

http://www.wists.com/shewolf I wish, I wish, with all my heart.... Smiley
MinorPunk56
Jailbait Rock n' Roll

Crafting is in my blood! Just not in my geneology.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #861 on: August 08, 2009 03:18:39 PM »

Im jealous of all you 'hawk girls.  One of the draw backs of being 17 is no parental permission for fauxhawks.

I've wanted one for two years and I'm so jealous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(To The Tune of "The Llama Song")Here's a needle, there's a needle, and some yarn between the needles, cast on, knit, purl, always knitting, knitty, knitty, purl.

Proud new owner of a Baby Lock 400!  Any advice for the newbie? PM
fromsophia
« Reply #862 on: August 08, 2009 10:15:14 PM »

^ just do it anyway Ok Im not a good influence on people I got a friend to dye her hair black just for a photoshoot and my mom apparently shaved her head at 17 so I would use that to black mail her when I still lived at home so I could do whatever I wanted. and fauxhawks are not permanent as well you could make it more like a pixie cut and just hawk it sometimes. Wink

so anyway my hair is now half blond half black I was not going for that look but I decided I love it. I have naturally black hair and I was going to lighten the underneath to a light brown and then dye it dark purple but it ended up basically stripping to white and it didnt kill my hair shocker and I decided I love it so no unnatural colors (well I guess white is not very natural) for now. Yay for happy accidents. here is my question I am thinking about using Manic Panic virgin snow so I can get it Andy Warhol white is it a good toner?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Molly.Connelly
« Reply #863 on: August 09, 2009 12:21:06 AM »

never used manic panic before but once I when I was in 7th grade my mom dyed my hair platinum/white with hot pink streaks and she used this stuff called Jazzings that she got at Sally's and it worked really well (I too have naturally dark brown hair)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psycho_happy_kitten
« Reply #864 on: August 16, 2009 02:56:53 PM »

Oook. I have naturally dark blonde hair, dyed dark brown, which is now just brown (about a year ago I think. It's really faded). I want to either go platinum blonde, or red. If I go blonde, does anyone have any suggestions for a bleaching kit I can use? And, opinions, should I go blonde or red? Thanks!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Warning: Attention Deficit Crafter.
Butterfly Grl
My inner child is a mean little bastard.

That which does not kill me, had better run fast.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #865 on: August 16, 2009 04:11:54 PM »

Oook. I have naturally dark blonde hair, dyed dark brown, which is now just brown (about a year ago I think. It's really faded). I want to either go platinum blonde, or red. If I go blonde, does anyone have any suggestions for a bleaching kit I can use? And, opinions, should I go blonde or red? Thanks!  Smiley

I also have naturally dark blonde hair, I have previously dyed it some really beautiful shades of dark red as well as really bright/fire engine red. It works well, goes easy. A few months ago I decided to try blonde - went to a salon and all - They said they couldn't do plain bleaching so they highlighted my whole head - foils and all - instead. It looked nice in the beginning but I had about 3 to 4 different shades of blonde, from platinum at the roots, a yellow tinge, followed by strawberry blonde/ light ginger at the lengths. At the moment the lengths of my hair are very dried out and I have my darker roots not too and because my hair is so damaged I'm not sure what to do next. I would suggest if you want to go light try what some people have since told me, go lighter in stages not all at once and try to stay clear of bleach, if its virgin hair dye it instead. All natural hair can be lightened up to a few shades at a time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Birdy, birdy in the sky, Why'd you do that in my eye
Looks like sugar, tastes like sap
Oh my God...its birdy crap!
;-p    :-D
Debs_5
« Reply #866 on: August 17, 2009 03:18:36 AM »

Hey, Does anyone know if it's possible to dye hair back to brown from pink? I've got pink streaks (bleached and then manic panic dye over the bleach) in my hair at the moment but I want to dye it back to dark brown and dye the rest of my hair dark brown too...Is it possible to do this at home or do I need to go to a salon really?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #867 on: August 17, 2009 12:30:06 PM »

You'll probably need to do a bleach cap (shampoo mixed with the bleach) or something similar to get rid of the pink first, then use a filler on the lighter (bleached) parts before you can colour it.

I have tried going back to a more natural colour from a head full of hot pink with no success, even after those steps, and resorted to dying it all black because the pink tones still came through.

I'd reccomend going to a salon if you don't know what you're doing, or how to do it properly, because the process can be very damaging to your hair...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Debs_5
« Reply #868 on: August 17, 2009 02:20:12 PM »

Thanks for answering Jezebel! I don't trust myself to do it (my hairs already fairly damaged from bleaching and redying) so I'll see what my hairdresser can do...it might end up being less of a hassle to keep the pink in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Molly.Connelly
« Reply #869 on: August 17, 2009 02:53:48 PM »

idk why you'd every get rid of the pink if you didn't have to. if my work let me have pink hair I'd totally have pink highlights in my faux hawk. that'd be awesome! maybe once I'm a hairdresser and can have my hair however I want  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 96 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Visit to Chef and the Farmer Restaurant
The North Carolina Relish Expo
Sioux City Jam Preserves
Grilling Tools from Sioux City
A Visit to Jolly Time Popcorn Factory
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...