A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,152
Currently Running With Scissors:
650 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 96
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Questions About Hairstyles!  (Read 124111 times)
Tags for this thread: hairstyle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lody
« Reply #780 on: March 16, 2009 10:56:29 AM »

you can definitely use henna over previously dyed hair, the only thing is that it might be different shades as on your undyed hair. They don't have information on Lush's particular, bar-format henna, but this page: http://www.hennaforhair.com/ has all the information you could ever want about henna, seriously xD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like penguins, stars, rainbows and blue.
If your project has any of these, don't be surprised to see me post in it! Cheesy
Molly.Connelly
« Reply #781 on: March 17, 2009 11:09:56 PM »

thank you very much Diana dOr! Grin

ok soo I have a question..
I want a blue streak in my hair..just one strand on my left side where my hair is longer. I used blue hair dye and 30 volume peroxide and left it on for at least an hour. I've tried this three times..when my hair was red I tried to do it with the blue and the 30 vol. didn't do anything..few weeks later I tried bleaching it first..still nothing. so I give up. a couple months later I dye my hair very dark brown and decide to try the blue streak again. tried the blue + 30 volume..nothing happened.
I've never had this happen to me before in the 10 + years I've been dying my hair. soo I guess what I'm asking is,  what am I doing wrong? and how can fix that so I can have a blue streak in my hair?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Molly.Connelly
« Reply #782 on: March 24, 2009 07:46:41 PM »

I also have another question..I'm very tired of my hair. I want something new! but my hair is already short as it is so I don't know what to do Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

joyxiii
« Reply #783 on: March 30, 2009 09:11:17 PM »

Okay, I made it through page 36 trying to find answers to my questions but I'm tired now and want to go to bed.  Apologies if these were answered page 37 on.  Smiley

I'm desperately bored with my hair.  I really want to dye it but couple of problems.  One : I actually love my natural color (light to medium brown with red highlights).  Two : I need to keep it pretty conservative or, at other times, completely conservative.  Basically, my job and respect for my mom/grandma needs to keep it pretty "normal".  And then, there are certain times for special occasions or for church events that I need to be "normal".

I was thinking just coloring the underside, like from ears down, a crimson color.  So, unlike most recommendations that are looking for long-lasting color, what would be a good brand that would last about 3-4 weeks before fading out completely?  That would give me enough time to let something grow out and I don't think I'll mind the in-between fading stages.

Also, does anyone have a picture of shoulder length hair with a separate color from the ears down underneath?  Just so I can get an idea of how it will look.  I looked through the "show your hair" gallery but I'm not sure what exact parts they did for some of those.

Finally, I saw a person advise using cholesterol to keep dye off surrounding hair and skin.  I feel so stupid, but would that be like any type of fatty or oily substance?  Like vaseline or lard?

Thanks Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
doyouloveanapple
« Reply #784 on: March 31, 2009 07:10:15 AM »

Finally, I saw a person advise using cholesterol to keep dye off surrounding hair and skin.  I feel so stupid, but would that be like any type of fatty or oily substance?  Like vaseline or lard?

Thanks Smiley

I'm not sure what they ment by "cholesterol" but I've always used vaseline (which is technically a semi-solid mixture of hydrocarbons). Just smear it on your neck, ears, and forhead. It's very squishy and hard to get off in the shower (as it repells water) but is MUCH better than having pink ears!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

New items added to my Etsy!

doyouloveanapple.etsy.com
pink zebra
« Reply #785 on: March 31, 2009 04:19:17 PM »

I was thinking just coloring the underside, like from ears down, a crimson color.  So, unlike most recommendations that are looking for long-lasting color, what would be a good brand that would last about 3-4 weeks before fading out completely?  That would give me enough time to let something grow out and I don't think I'll mind the in-between fading stages.

semi permanent color gernerally washes out, but they are not guarnteed to wash out completely. if you dont want to bleach your hair (which would be permanent), you can basically dye your hair only colors that are darker than your natural hair color. a dark brown would work, black, or an intense red (that likely would not come out as intense as it is in the jar, due to your brown hair), but most other colors will probably just produce weird tones and shades of brown(-ish). black most probably will not fade completely but torn to some greenish or grey. red tends to fade slowly, but with your red undertones it would probably suit you well, and you probably wont suffer from the "while-fading-tones".

Also, does anyone have a picture of shoulder length hair with a separate color from the ears down underneath?  Just so I can get an idea of how it will look.  I looked through the "show your hair" gallery but I'm not sure what exact parts they did for some of those.

what about we do it in reverse? you could link a picture of a dye job you like and someone (me?) could tell you about how it's done.

also:
have do you want a natural looking haircolor or something more funky?
have you thought about clip-in streaks? you could try out which colors suit you, if you can pull a more unusual hairstyle, without offending anyone, because you an take them out in an instant. (i know mums do not appreciate "look mummy, i've permanently dyed my hair blue!")
brown or reddish highlights would probably be an idea if you dont want major changes.
just a thing: with your first dye job, if you really want to be an the safe side, and it yould be a major problem if something went wrong, and you are not so sure what you actually want, you should probably consult a hairdresser and ask them for everything you want to know, suggest a few possibilities and next time you can just copy it (or alter).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #786 on: March 31, 2009 04:30:41 PM »

Thanks Smiley

I'm not sure what they ment by "cholesterol" but I've always used vaseline (which is technically a semi-solid mixture of hydrocarbons). Just smear it on your neck, ears, and forhead. It's very squishy and hard to get off in the shower (as it repells water) but is MUCH better than having pink ears!

I think the cholesterol is a specific product, a brand I love also has a product called hair mayonaise or something similar which is an amazing deep conditioner. Try Sally's. To get vaseline or any oil off use soap or shampoo (rub it into your skin well before you introduce water)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/13

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Huh?
« Reply #787 on: April 26, 2009 01:17:42 PM »

Wow, everyone has inspired me.... I will be doing my first dyeing EVAR soon. I want to do black, pink, blonde, or blue underneath my milk chocolate/golden hair.

I also need a haircut. I'm hoping for a choppy shoulder length.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mycatisnosferatu
« Reply #788 on: April 27, 2009 07:35:00 PM »

How weird would it look if I just let it grow out?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Molly.Connelly
« Reply #789 on: April 27, 2009 07:55:05 PM »

I too would like to know how to get out dark brown or black hair out. bc my hair dresser tried dying my hair and the ends stayed dark brown and the roots where a brassy blonde when the color I wanted was a medium reddish brown. well she put a demi color on it which looked great but it's already starting to fade and fast (and it's only been 2 weeks!) is it too soon to dye it again? and if I dye it will the same thing just happen again? I did cut off alot of hair so I'm not sure how much of the dark brown is left.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 96 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kati Martin Reflects on Her Life - Happiness, Pain, and Loss
Dr. John Norcross on "Changeology"
"The Blessed" Book Trailer
"Seven Thousand Ways to Listen" Interview with Mark Nepo
Cyndi Lauper on Her Memoir
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...