A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,124
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 96
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Questions About Hairstyles!  (Read 123643 times)
Tags for this thread: hairstyle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

black and white photo
« Reply #760 on: December 20, 2008 04:46:27 PM »

My hair's been short for a while and ive just decided to let it grow out, but im tireing of it really fast and i want a new hairstyle. 
What i want to know is that if I could pull off a sort of shingled bob or what are some of your reccomendations?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
poseursteph
« Reply #761 on: December 20, 2008 05:44:25 PM »

Hi ladies! I was hoping one of you could help me.
My hair is driving me crazy! It needs some sort of style, I have been growing it out [I had it in a mohawk for a while]
Last year I cut off over ten and a half inches and donated it to locks of love, than shaved my head down to about a 3 on clippers.

here's the most recent pic i have, I know it's not the best but as you can tell the top is the longest and the sides are growing out. I usually just brush the top over and it almost goes to my ears. Any hairstyles anyone thinks i can grow my hair into so i have something to look forward to?
here is a pic when my hair was super short
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amigurl55

I already did!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #762 on: December 21, 2008 06:37:47 PM »

I've been wanting to give myself pink highlights, but I'm not too good with hair dye so I don't want to have to bleach it then dye it.  I was wondering if there is a product that bleaches and dyes at the same time.  If so, where can I purchase it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I told you: I only wrote that poem to test my printer!

My etsy shop: http://dollycouture55.etsy.com
wakeupdonnie
« Reply #763 on: December 23, 2008 01:49:50 PM »

Cyanidejoy: Your hair looks SO CUTE on you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cyanidejoy
haphazard seamstress

I am the fluffy singularity.

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 16, 2009 09:29:45 PM »

Cyanidejoy: Your hair looks SO CUTE on you!

Thanks a lot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

They'll name a city after us-and later say it's all our fault.
sewpirate17

I come bearing seam ripper....

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: January 21, 2009 05:41:58 PM »

HI, so Ive had some bad experiences with the various things Ive tried to do to my hair. Naturally Im a medium blonde, it used to get really light in the summer, but not so much anymore.... I did Sun-in, using the blow dryer method, and turned my hair orange... It was awful, so I dyed my hair super blonde, and it was fried after a few months. Then I had roots, and it got all brassy. Yuck, i dont have pictures of the bad stages, because i wouldnt let people take pictures of me....... So once my hair was fried, rooty, and brassy my mom suggested dying it back to my original color and giving a break. I used a semi-permanent color called Palomino, like the horse which my sister thought was hilarious, and it was livable again.

This is midway of the growing out process, its blurry but you can still tell. The semi-permanent faded out a bit, mostly because the blonde was so harsh.

After a while my hair was sorta normal, and I was growing it out, and my mom was happy with it and everything. Then I made some new friends, and decided i wanted to dye my hair purple! Which my mom found slightly horrifying, so we compromised....

You cant see the over all effect, but I only dyed the underneath. It is faded out in this picture, but I loved it. The purple held nicely, and the first time it faded into a nice pinky sort of color. This was after the second round when i used a different brand, it faded to a weird gray but wasnt that bad.

Sadly (for my purple hair) I got a new boyfriend who isnt very fond of unnatural colors, which after much discussion is totally fine with me. He is a very nice guy, from a more conservative (than me when it comes to my hair and body) type family. For the past almost year I didnt do anything to my hair, except cause some breakage with a hair straightener. But I broke that so, its gone....

This is my un-dyed, natural, just trimmed hair. I took this last summer, so its longer now. And I just recently highlighted, which I dont have pictures of, because my laptops card-reader is broken.

Thats the whole long background..... But my question is, can I go strawberry blonde? I have some red undertones already, and have found a nice semi-permanent to try first. But I'm scared.... And what about my eyebrows?? I know you can buy tint for them but I havent found red. Before mentioned boyfriend says I should go for it, but I grew it out for so long, and I love being blonde. I can always dye it back, with that same semi-permanent Palomino, or a permanent blonde. At the same time Ive always dreamed of having red hair, im so jealous of the people who have that natural fiery orange, or delicate strawberry blonde....

Alas! I dont know what to do!! Help!?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lody
« Reply #766 on: January 22, 2009 07:34:02 AM »

It's a natural color so your boyfriend stays happy, and hey, hair grows out, if you've lways dreamed of it, do it!

For the eyebrows:  my hair has darkened as I grew up, but it used to be golden blonde--however my eyebrows have always been very dark and much thicker than yours.  No one's ever made a comment on them.  Yours are fairly light, I really see no reason to try dyeing them--especially in light of how dangerous for your eyes it can potentially be!

(finally--I feel you on how annoying it is to have hair that darkens.  you want it back to its prettier color, but you don't want to seem liek those old people who highlight their hair 20 times and act like that's their regular color!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like penguins, stars, rainbows and blue.
If your project has any of these, don't be surprised to see me post in it! Cheesy
Molly.Connelly
« Reply #767 on: February 25, 2009 11:34:19 PM »

I'm thinking of growing my hair out too cept that I'm going to Hawaii this June (late June early July) for a wedding and I don't think I want long hair then. not that it'll be that long by June my hair grows pretty slowly.
also when I grow it out (if I decide to, or it reaches that point) my hair is super wavy! if I don't have it in layers it does that wierd flip out thing at the ends. when I had my hair long before I used to straighten it all the time like this: but I'm just sooo lazy about my hair that I don't want to have to do that all the time. so my hair would look like this but idk if I like it

which brings me to my next thingy..I LOVE having my hair red but I don't like my hair when it's red and curly. so I'd prolly go back to my natural hair color (seen above).
red:
soo I'm at a loss as to what to do. what do you guys think?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009 03:43:00 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Olivegreenspring

Oh, then, I see Queen Mab hath been with you!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #768 on: February 26, 2009 06:18:01 PM »

totallyradmomof3: link didn't work Sad

Psyx: I totally enjoy the dreads, you did a fantastic job, and don't have doubts. I do that all the time too.

and for my question:
today I bought some hair color, it is beyond the zone: trippin' up turquoise.

has anyone ever used this color? how did it work for you? Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

_wheres_waldo_
« Reply #769 on: February 26, 2009 10:29:59 PM »

and for my question:
today I bought some hair color, it is beyond the zone: trippin' up turquoise.

has anyone ever used this color? how did it work for you? Huh

i've tried this one, and it didn't work out too well.  it wasn't ever really that blue, and faded into green really quickly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 96 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photographing Big Cats
High Resolution Photography Part 1
Bowens Lighting
Printing Photographs
How to Buy a Bridge Camera
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...