A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 305,018
Currently Running With Scissors:
446 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 96
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Questions About Hairstyles!  (Read 127749 times)
Tags for this thread: hairstyle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dishwasher182
« Reply #750 on: December 16, 2008 04:00:29 PM »

i really like the second pic --i think it would suit you. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
timarie
« Reply #751 on: December 16, 2008 04:01:13 PM »

Have you thought of something asymmetric? I have about the same texture hair and was growing it out of a pixie. I got super bored with it around the length you have too. so I got something like this:  http://bosshairstyles.com/images/gallery/women/alternative/lg/39.jpg

I can wear it wavy or curly and it looks great. If the weather is cooperating i'll go for straight. I LOVE the cut.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sapphire_distortion
« Reply #752 on: December 16, 2008 04:18:15 PM »

I hadn't really thought of something asymmetric, maybe I'll take in the second picture I posted and the one you posted and tell them to do something between the two. I don't want it super short again (I've been growing out a mohawk for like a year now, or more accurately, growing out half-inch hair with bangs after I cut off the mohawk), but I vowed to never have long hair again and when it's wet it's nearly shoulder length, which is too long for me, haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
wakeupdonnie
« Reply #753 on: December 17, 2008 12:39:34 AM »

Okaayy so I really want to cut my hair so that I can do it up in a fauxhawk, but also if I leave it down I want it to look good.. What would this look like, exactly?

For a laugh, here's me trying to make my hair into a fauxhawk at present.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dmbgirl41
« Reply #754 on: December 17, 2008 07:03:00 AM »

I love the last style. I cut my hair shorter since last year (& my lil avatar pic) and yes, you miss the warmth your hair provides, but that's a perfect excuse to craft, buy, etc. funky scarfs & hats. I have a lovely wardrobe of winter accessories. I've always been a fan of changing up my style. Its hair after all & it will always grow back. If you can dye your hair blue- you can chop it off. Go for it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~Sweet you Rock & Sweet You Roll~*
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #755 on: December 17, 2008 12:43:34 PM »

I really like the second style as well...although having curls/waves might interfere with it looking like the pic.
the first one (blue hair) is really cute and would look great if the hair got a bit crazy as well. Almost pixie-ish Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cheera
Weenie-mobile!

OHNOEZ!

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: December 17, 2008 01:43:41 PM »

Wakeupdonnie, it'll just look like an Agyness Deyn style pixie when you have it down, with a little tail in the back if you do the mohawk all the way down.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.bunny-squids.blogspot.com I am terrible at blogging!
sapphire_distortion
« Reply #757 on: December 17, 2008 03:27:25 PM »

Thanks for the input guys Smiley I do like the second one, I'm just worried that if I cut my hair that short it'll turn really curly again and I'll look more like a smurf version of Little Orphan Annie than anything else Tongue I'll see about getting it cut on Friday and post pictures of how it turns out! Smiley

wakeupdonnie: just about any pixie-ish cut would do that. in fact, your hair now would probably work if took 1-2 inches off the top and trimmed everything else up to keep it proportional. I tried to find a good haircut of mine when I would sometimes faux-hawk but uh, all I have are terrible pictures. Just explain what you want to a hair-dresser and anyone who's fairly competent should be able to do it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #758 on: December 18, 2008 07:44:34 PM »

So, I'm seriously contemplating cutting all of my hair off again... After swearing that I was growing it out. I wanted my dreads back soooo bad, and I accomplished that. When my son was born in March, I installed my dreads and LOVED them all over again. But my hair's really fine and as they tightened up, they started to look like crap. I had bald spots everywhere, and they were getting really thin...
So I painstakingly combed them out so I would lose as little hair as possible after months with dreads in. Now my hair's just past my shoulders with long razored layers and long bangs (about to my chin)
Pretty basic.
BUT I want it gone. At the worst time of year again, but I'm gettin the itch to do something drastic, and my colour is as drastic as I'm allowed...

Anyone got any styles they think would suit? I have fine, straight hair, an oval face, and minimal time to style in the mornings.
This doesn't show my hair well, since it's up in a small pomp, with sideswept bangs and a high ponytail, but it shows my colour and my face (and glasses that I usually wear):

There are a few styles that I really like, but not sure if I could pull off. The pink one posted by sapphire_distortion, and a couple others:

Obviously, these are all styled quite well, which I won't always have time to do. When my hair is short, I usually only wash it once or twice a week at max, and I use products that allow me to just spritz my head with water and restyle quickly and effortlessly. I'm anti-blowdryer for most things.
I basically want a style I can wear unstyled OR stlyed, versatility in styling.
I prefer things that are slightly asymetric, and full of texture.

If I can't come up with something that I really want, I'm going to end up going back to my old standby that I've been wearing off and on for about 10 years:

long in the front, short and spiky in the back...

any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cyanidejoy
haphazard seamstress

I am the fluffy singularity.

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: December 18, 2008 08:30:44 PM »

I have an oval face and thin, fine hair too!  I got my hair cut off over the summer.  It now looks like this:

I don't style it usually, just a little combing and hairspray. If I do style it, I use wax or gel to get something like the pictures you posted, or I use a curling iron to make one of those poofy things everyone has.  My inspiration came from a singer named Robyn, who's hair is a little more drastic. 

http://www.austinchronicle.com/binary/c820/RobynSmoothy.jpg
http://thehypefactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/up-robyn.jpg

My hair is so much easier to keep now, and no one else has this cut.  I love all the layers, because when my hair was long it was very flat, no matter what I put into it. 
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008 08:49:22 PM by MareMare - Reason: editing hotlinked images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

They'll name a city after us-and later say it's all our fault.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 96 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Voluminous, Curly Hair at Home
How to Hone the Bohemian Minimalist Hair Look
The Best Bangs to Flatter Your Face Shape
Tips For Making Clean Hair Last Longer
Top 7 Blow Drying Techniques
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...