A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,096
Currently Running With Scissors:
293 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 96
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Questions About Hairstyles!  (Read 127446 times)
Tags for this thread: hairstyle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kanhoro

Xander of Wolven-Knit~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #690 on: August 14, 2008 05:50:50 PM »

question: i cant seem to find a good picture i can print off to show to the hairstyleist to get my haircut, here is what i want, basically a mohawk which the center strip will be around 5-6 inches, but i want it long enough to be pulled into a topknot like renji from bleach anime, simple topknot(would that be long enough or longer for the center?). and on the sides where it is normally shaven, i would want some hair still left maybe 3-4 inches so i wont look extremely mohawk like when its down or up. maybe i can also have a good hairstyle while its down for when i am at work or something like that. sorry for the long post and maybe confusing question. hope someone help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

instantkarma
« Reply #691 on: August 14, 2008 05:55:03 PM »

Depending on the stylist you have, your description might be good enough, since it really sounds like you know what you want and you're pretty specific with it. It might still be a good idea to bring in a picture of the topknot you want to be able to do, though, and I'll look around for some pictures too...however, if you bring in 2-4 pictures that each have different parts of what you want in them, you can show them to your stylist and tell him/her which parts you like as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

On a swapping hiatus due to college...

http://www.wists.com/cherryxantacids
Kanhoro

Xander of Wolven-Knit~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #692 on: August 15, 2008 04:27:44 AM »

thanks, since its pretty basic hairstyle just a bit more specific. just a mohawk long enough for a topknot when i want to tied it back. and instead of the sides shaven i want 3-4 inches which when the mohawk is down it will look normal(which havnt seen an example yet so i dont know how that will look like or how i can just style it while its down, maybe just my usual parted on the middle). but for the mohawk should i keep the same length for the whole front to the back or should it be diffrent length(but of course enough for the topknot). thanks for all of the help. i searched some photos online last night and cant really find a picture, i found lots of the hair styled/gelled up, but none down with the hair not shaven on the sides. pretty much able to have that hair and still go to work Smiley . wow i type alot...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

instantkarma
« Reply #693 on: August 15, 2008 07:57:07 AM »

I'm no expert on hair, but if you don't want the sides shaved and instead want 3-4 inches on the sides, aren't you kind of looking more for a fauxhawk type of thing? I would keep it long all the way through front and back for the mohawk part, but that really depends on how much effort you're willing to put into styling it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

On a swapping hiatus due to college...

http://www.wists.com/cherryxantacids
Kanhoro

Xander of Wolven-Knit~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #694 on: August 15, 2008 01:54:15 PM »

thats true. but when i think of faux hawk i think of the mohawk area to be a bit shorter since its a faux, but i guess it could be called a fauxhawk since the sides are nor completely shaven. thanks for the help instantkarma. and as for the styleing i guess i would gel it once and everywhile. but mostly in a topknot like usual or combed and parted in the middle like what i have now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MinorPunk56
Jailbait Rock n' Roll

Crafting is in my blood! Just not in my geneology.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #695 on: August 15, 2008 02:56:09 PM »

So I'm considering the Aeon Flux(Charlise Theron-Yes, I cant spell, I know)
This isnt quite the hair I currently have, but tis ok.  I would like to know if you think this cut would look good on me?
Me Now:

Front:

Back:

Also, my brother(no professional training!) would be the one to cut it.  I have really thick hair, and he says that we would have to shave out some of the underside to make it lay right.  Is that true?
And what would you think if I dyed some of the front wispy bang things electric blue?

TIA, guys~!

Also, my friends are telling me i could totally pull off dreads.  Should I get some as the Aeon cut grows out?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008 03:16:10 PM by MinorPunk56 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

(To The Tune of "The Llama Song")Here's a needle, there's a needle, and some yarn between the needles, cast on, knit, purl, always knitting, knitty, knitty, purl.

Proud new owner of a Baby Lock 400!  Any advice for the newbie? PM
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #696 on: August 15, 2008 03:10:45 PM »

I think that face-wise, you could totally pull this off.
However, your hair might not cooperate.
As you said, you have thick hair, and this seems to lend itself to thinner hair. Shaving part of the underside would help, but I think using thinning shears would be a lot better idea. Also, keep in mind, for your hair type, you would need some pretty intensive styling every day to keep it looking awesome. Straightening with straightening balm of some sort, and a frizz serum to keep your hair slick and flat. Add to that some shine serum, because with a look that sleek, you want it to shine, or else it will look either a) greasy, or b) mousy.

I'd highly suggest a pro cut this, or at least someone with experience.
But go for it, as I said, this style would look really hot on you! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Avian Flight
« Reply #697 on: August 15, 2008 03:27:43 PM »

I can't really tell if it will look good on you or not because I'm pretty bad at that but since this seems like such a big cut you really should at least consult a professional first before you cut it. It could be a totally wrong cut for your face. And I really think you should let a pro cut it.. I mean.. sure it costs a lot more but it's better than looking bad.. it would be pretty hard to fix that haircut if it came out wrong. I like your hair as it is now.. it's pretty and feminine. Short thick hair may mean poofy and look like a mushroom cut for guys.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
SewMamaLady

I heart handmade!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #698 on: August 15, 2008 03:59:34 PM »

I saw this and had to add my two cents because I have been trying to get someone to cut my hair like this since the movie came out. I've taken this picture to several stylists and no one has been able to do it. I don't know why, but just a word of caution before just going to town on it. lol Maybe I'm encountering the wrong stylists, I would LOVE to see this haircut on someone else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homespun gifts for your friends and family!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/shallwespinmydear
Will be posting more items soon. Check back!
sapphire_distortion
« Reply #699 on: August 15, 2008 05:40:58 PM »

I'd DEFINITELY let a pro do it. Not to sound snotty, but I seriously doubt that someone who hadn't gone through cosmetology school and is now working in a salon could do it. And there's probably a lot of them that can't, lol, as the poster above me pointed out.

Also, as the other poster said, it'll take some styling every day for it to look like that - in fact, I'd say to get it to look like those pictures, the styling would be just as important as the cut. You'd need to straighten it (w/a protective product on your hair first), frizz serum would very possibly be needed, you'd have to put a little bit of some kind of non-greasy product with some hold to it on the bulk of the hair to keep it laying like that (I'd recommend Redken Rewind) and then seriously piece out the ends (Redken Rewind again, would work for this, or TIGI Hard to Get). When/if you decide to get it cut like this, watch how the stylist styles your hair VERY closely so you can do it at home - otherwise it most likely won't look like that. Don't be afraid to ask how to use the products. And if you can't get the products at the salon, I'd recommend paying close attention to the TYPE of product used and then getting some knockoffs at Sally's (Beyond the Zone is pretty good for the most part).

Hope I helped a little bit and didn't just repeat what everyone else said.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 96 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jason Reynolds: What Are You Reading?
Lynn Cullen: What Are You Reading?
Chef Heather Bertinetti on Baking Desserts
David Menasche: What Are You Reading?
Trailers: X-Men: No More Humans Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...