A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,143
Currently Running With Scissors:
466 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 96
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Questions About Hairstyles!  (Read 123932 times)
Tags for this thread: hairstyle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Foisty
« Reply #680 on: June 27, 2008 05:29:40 PM »

Does anybody have advice or horror stories about hair relaxers,perms etc?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #681 on: June 27, 2008 06:17:56 PM »

Does anybody have advice or horror stories about hair relaxers,perms etc?

I have a few friends who had their hair relaxed, then when it started growing out, it looked REALLY wonky. one girl basically had to cut all her hair off after she decided that the relaxed hair was too fried
THIS ROCKS   Logged

karmickaboom

You can be my flamingo.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #682 on: July 01, 2008 11:49:25 AM »

um...ok..I guess I should show a pic, but I am not ready for the new hairstyle phase anyway. I am just wondering...I have very dark hair...can I make it purple or blue ....or purple AND blue without having to bleach it. I really do not want bleach.  I do have a lot of gray/white( that I sometimes color my natural color)...especially under my very long hair. I would love to have that area colored....but kind of wanted a little bit on the sides too.

I guess I will also ask...I have really looong wavy hair. I do NOT want to cut it but I am so tired of ponytails and buns...what else can I do?...does anyone have very long in the back and then layered around the face hair? Will layers make my wavy curly hair stick out in places if layered too short?
I am self employed and an artist so I can get away with a lot( I am pretty heavily tattooed and have some piercings...on my face even)...but I am also 40. BUT...I don't look 40...
BUT, I don't want to look like someone pathetically trying to maintain her "fun" youthful self by doing things to their hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Numi
Lazy Megalomaniac

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 01, 2008 05:20:05 PM »

If you have very dark hair (and I'm assuming you mean dark brown to black) but with a lot of gray/white, and you just put dye on without bleaching first, you will at most have what is called a tint. Basically it will not be vibrant blue and/or purple but it will be tinted (and depending on your hair, how visible the tint will end up being will range from only there in the right light to, hey... your hair is an exceptionally dark puple/blue.) White/Gray hair is very finicky about taking color and dyes tend to fade faster but they will be the ones that will primarily be contributing to the tint color.

The trick to layers and textured hair... find a good stylist. It's really all dependent on that. That and product. My sister has hair down to her butt that she had just straight across for years, she recently started getting it layered and it looks and moves 100x better. The layers are subtle (and yes, she does have some face framing action going on as well) but do their job. Find a stylist that understands this.

As for things to do with your hair... various kinds of braids? low 1940s style chignon? what kind of look are you going for?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[...]
dark.star.88

Design is where science and art break even.

« Reply #684 on: July 09, 2008 02:13:27 PM »

I've always had plain jane kind of hair. What do you think? Should I change, and what should do. I'm up for some idea's really not into the whole dying my hair wild colors mainly because of my jobs, but would like to add color... but what?! Please help!

{{When I went short}}
{{Cool Layering}}
{{Plain Jane Long}}
{{Senior picture beginning of 2007.}}
{{Short Cute Bangs}}
{{Started dying my hair black underneath}}
{{Kind of what my hair like now.. but a lot longer}}

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm afraid that if you look at a thing long enough, it loses all of its meaning" - Andy Warhol

Swaps:
Post Secret Rd. 9 - GOOD FEEDBACK!
Disposable Camera Rd. 6 - GOOD FEEDBACK!
Altering Paper Crafts Supply Swap - GOOD FEEDBACK!
Art Journal Page - GOOD FEEDBACK
redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

« Reply #685 on: July 09, 2008 02:41:00 PM »

If you wanted a kick of color that wasn't too outlandish, You could do black cherry streaks, or go burgandy. It's a funky color, but super job friendly!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shenene
« Reply #686 on: August 10, 2008 01:14:31 PM »

Sorry if this is a repeat question; I am way too overwhelmed to go through and read all of the posts on this thread.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a website with an archive, encyclopedia, lexicon, list, ANYTHING of 'off the beaten path' hairstyles?  By which I mean awesome hairstyles that I see all of you cool craftsters rockin', but wish I could find all in one neat, tidy website?

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
instantkarma
« Reply #687 on: August 14, 2008 03:39:03 PM »

Try hairfiles (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v480/hairfiles/?action=view&current=hairfiles.gif). They're pretty awesome for that type of thing.

I don't know if anyone checks in here anymore, but I'm wondering if someone can give me some advice. Basically, I went to the hairdresser today and got a decently cute cut, but somewhere in there she chopped one part of my bangs off so it's really short (well, too short for my liking).

This is with the short part being held back with a bobby pin, because it's waay in my eyes and everything.  Undecided I think it looks cute with the pins in, btw, but I have an eight a.m. class this semester, and I'm not going to want to get up and do ANYTHING with my hair.

Anyway, I got to thinking about it, and I thought...hmm. Well, I've always wanted to try out straight bangs, as they seem to be "in" on younger people again.

(Those are the ever-so-beautiful facelikeallama, indieanajess and cats_pajamas, by the way.)

So, I took some bobby pins and stuff and attempted to make a "demo" version of the bangs I'm interested in.

One picture has them farther up my forehead. The other doesn't. Also, I look ever-so-pleased in both of them. I know.

Anyway, my question is: can I pull these bangs off? If I got some, they would probably be a little bit thicker and I would probably then dye a blue or purple stripe in them on the right side, because while I am sick and tired of having plain hair I don't want to go all-out this time.

Any advice would rock! Cheesy Thank you!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008 03:46:48 PM by instantkarma » THIS ROCKS   Logged

On a swapping hiatus due to college...

http://www.wists.com/cherryxantacids
dmbgirl41
« Reply #688 on: August 14, 2008 04:11:28 PM »

I only suggest bangs if you are willing to wear barrettes everyday for a while while they grow  Grin Well, I guess there's always headbands!!! I think that you could try the straight bangs, and if it wasn't something you were cool with, you could always then get them all choppy (like the girl in pic1) its easier to go from straight to choppy then vice versa! Good luck! Make sure you post a pic when you do it! Also, um, if by any chance you have wave in your hair, you might have a hard time w/ thinner bangs... that was always my problem.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~Sweet you Rock & Sweet You Roll~*
crazy4bags
« Reply #689 on: August 14, 2008 04:16:20 PM »

instantkarma:
I love your hair! it looks super cute on you. If you do a bang I would keep it really whispy and a little longer then it's a little more versitile.  If you wanna sweep them over and pin them back you can or you can wear them down.  I think the streak of colour sounds like an awesome idea as well!! I would probably do a lighter blue ... like periwinkle. Thats all, just my 2 cents!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 96 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Control Opacity and Brightness with Acrylic Paint
How to Paint a Mural With a Projector
How to Mix Acrylic Paint Colors
How to Keep Acrylic Paint from Drying Too Fast
How to Paint a Simple Background with Acrylic Paint
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...