A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
538 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 96
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Questions About Hairstyles!  (Read 122255 times)
Tags for this thread: hairstyle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ragdoll193
« Reply #610 on: March 30, 2008 06:51:46 PM »

so with shipping from amphigory The Garment District it was about $23, which is what I recall spending before. not too bad, way less than a salon would charge for a dye job, but still a bit much for hair dye.

Now to bleach my hair (don't worry, I have a friend who is going to hairdressing school and has gone through that part already. she is certified to do it all and I trust her) Though this won't happen till either early may or mid august (job restrictions)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008 07:04:37 PM by ragdoll193 - Reason: amphigory was the more expensive one » THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
♥the military will not stop me from crafting♥
alacorn
« Reply #611 on: March 31, 2008 12:41:02 PM »

I did the hair dying and it turned out great, though the color is more blackish-blueish-purple and didn't use any black. The issue is my eyebrows. They didn't look okay when I tried to dye them black, so I washed it out. The eybrow pencil also failed me. Any suggestions?
my friends use mascara on their eyebros cause their brows are curly and dont retain the pencil... you could try that  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lilac Dezzy
« Reply #612 on: April 01, 2008 02:00:28 PM »

Anyone know how to get manic panic out with in hours?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ragdoll193
« Reply #613 on: April 01, 2008 03:42:47 PM »

l'oreal kids shampoo (fishy shaped bottle, the one that says it's for swimming I think it's blue and orange) has worked for me, not completely, but darn close
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
♥the military will not stop me from crafting♥
Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #614 on: April 02, 2008 02:28:53 AM »

Anyone know how to get manic panic out with in hours?

Hair color remover!  If you bleached before dyeing, it obviously won't get you back to your natural color, but you can at least get rid of the crazy colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #615 on: April 26, 2008 02:29:48 AM »

Question!

I have to get a "real" haircut instead of doing it myself as I usually do.  I'm terrified, since I have a history of going and ending up with something completely different than what I wanted.  So I'm trying to find pictures of what I like.

Problem is, most of the short haircuts I can find online are either "mom" haircuts, or too emo-ish for me.  I don't want those crazy long sideswept bangs, or and sort of short in back/long in front cut (kids these days!!)

Right now I have a really wide mohawk.  The sides and back are about 1" long, and the top is about 4".  My "sideburns" reach down to my earlobes.

Any tips on finding pictures that are edgy and fun but don't make me look like a high school kid?  I tried hairfiles, but most of them are the "emo" looks I was talking about.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
Luinecu

"Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #616 on: May 05, 2008 02:50:50 AM »

Does anyone have any good tips for dying different chunks of hair different colours? I'm trying to find the best way to separate the hair and stop the colours mixing.

I've heard of people using vasaline (ew Shocked) or conditioner. Have any of you tried these methods successfully?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Luinecu
x x o

Livejournal // Wists
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #617 on: May 05, 2008 06:06:06 AM »

I recomend doing like the pros - tin foil. It's a bit more difficult, but gices the nicest results. Perhaps if you can't maneuver it yourself, ask a friend you trust to help?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
timarie
« Reply #618 on: May 05, 2008 01:43:31 PM »

Jillie, I've had some luck looking at bosshairstyles.com Also I occasionally google the french terms for short hairstyle/cut  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lucastheboo
« Reply #619 on: May 05, 2008 08:12:20 PM »

So I've been needing a hair cut for a while now, I have wavy hair but I usually flat iron it in the morning before work, I'm looking for a style that is kinda idk emo/punk/indie something cool and quazi unique, I work at Wal-Mart and we can't have unnatural colors so I'll probably not be dying it unless I get a really good suggestion I'm just not sure what to do about it. I like the long part in the front, but its looking kinda lame right now.

btw this is it just combed no product or straightening.

Someone please come up with something awesome for it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every gay and lesbian person who has been lucky enough to survive the turmoil of growing up is a survivor. Survivors always have an obligation to those who will face the same challenges.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 96 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Sin City Effect - Apple Color
How to Use the Warper - Shake 4
How to Remove Tracking Markers - Shake 4
How to Do Slipping Technique - Shake 4
How to Export Your Media - Shake 4
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...