A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,607
Currently Running With Scissors:
439 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 96
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Questions About Hairstyles!  (Read 121595 times)
Tags for this thread: hairstyle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

reenreen

crafting by request

View Profile WWW
« Reply #530 on: November 01, 2007 06:50:08 PM »

I did one for a hair show and it took forever and hurt...the problem i also had was it got really itchy, kinda like brittneys if you watch ANTM...but then i had really heavy over the top extensions in cos it was for a show

my friend had them and she didnt have any problems...same hairdresser...so i guessit varies
THIS ROCKS   Logged

she rambles oddly
http://pixelhazard.com
sk8grll

I love my mini tea set!

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 03, 2007 02:33:04 PM »

Hi!
tonight I bleached my hair. Like a big chunk in the front with some stargazer bleach stuff. Well, I have been dyeing my hair black (with semi-permanent dye) for a couple months and when I bleached my hair it just turned green  Undecided It looks ok, I mean it's like light green but green is soo not my color. I have some red dye that I was planning to put in (before I saw my hair has turned green hehe) and I was scared to put it in.. If I put red on over the light green will it just turn some ugly murky color? Or will the red overpower the green?  Undecided Or is my best bet to just buy some blue or something to cover it up? Also, will purple cover the green? Any help is appreciated Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace

Hi! I'm Kinnat Cheesy
I love making jewlery and purses.
I also love drawing people in powerpuff girl style Cheesy

I just started learning to sew and have made a couple of jumpers Cheesy
I also am learning to crochet at school and hope to finish making a scarf
detritus
« Reply #532 on: November 03, 2007 04:21:25 PM »

Red + green = brown. If the green is really pale, it will probably just turn out more like a brick red than a brown color though. Purple might cover it up a little better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sk8grll

I love my mini tea set!

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 03, 2007 04:30:55 PM »

Red + green = brown. If the green is really pale, it will probably just turn out more like a brick red than a brown color though. Purple might cover it up a little better.

Yeah, that is what I thought.. x]
Well, I might try either bleaching it again in two weeks or just buying some green. Thanks for the help though Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace

Hi! I'm Kinnat Cheesy

pink zebra
« Reply #534 on: November 05, 2007 12:04:11 PM »

it quite depends on how green the green is and which red you use. i found that red covers almost any light shades. if your hair is just green-ish, and you really want red, then go for an intense one (not orange or so). purple might be a little saver to cover the green, but if you are not satisfied with it, you can always dye purple over it (with the red shining trough a little). this only applies with semi-permanent colors, of course.
as for bleaching: my stylist recommended to me to rather let the bleach in for 5 minutes, rinse and then again bleach for 5 minutes, than let the bleach sit for 10 minutes at once. (in things of avoiding hair damage.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sk8grll

I love my mini tea set!

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 05, 2007 01:21:27 PM »

Well, my hair is black so I am supposed to leave the bleach in for 90 minutes.. Or do you mean that I should do 5 minutes, rinse, 5 minutes, rinse and then for 80 minutes? x] Sorry, I didn't understand hehe.

The green is kinda intense so I think I will bleach again in a couple weeks and dye over that.. And see what happenes Tongue

Thanks for the help though Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace

Hi! I'm Kinnat Cheesy

craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #536 on: November 07, 2007 10:22:14 AM »

My hair us about two inches long in the back. Here's a pic to help you see:

Is it too short to attach a fall? I'd like to do an up-do for Christmas, but I don't know if I could pull it off. I think it's long enough for extensions, but I don't want to pay that much for a one time thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LilMissPink
« Reply #537 on: November 07, 2007 06:12:12 PM »

i dont think thats long enough for clip ins... your best bet would be something done strand by strand (glued or micro-linked) but yea that wouldnt be temporary
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everybody likes pink. People who think otherwise are in denial.
noushi

interested in doing personal swaps

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #538 on: November 08, 2007 02:20:23 PM »

OK another question about weaves, the stylist said she is going to braid my entire head and attach the tracks to those braids (she'll leave out the top for a part and around my hairline) my sister has never gotton her hair done like this, but instead with each track having hair in between

I have baby fine hair, so my sister thinks that the way the stylist wants  to do it will make it to bulky for it to look natural
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LilMissPink
« Reply #539 on: November 11, 2007 01:55:26 PM »

no i don't think it will be bulky... if you have fine hair it'll probably be better (at least i would think).

if she's going to braid it all at once leaving hair out as you said, make sure she does it in vertical rows, not in a circle. the circle method rarely comes out good. the vertical braids are best. the thing is that with the vertical rows, the hair lays flat and all in one direction along with the braids. with the circle, the hair has to lay over braids that are not going vertically in most places and it will be bulky, not to meantion easier to see the braids.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everybody likes pink. People who think otherwise are in denial.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 96 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Decoding Style: Behind the Scenes- Gina the Survivor
S1:E9 | Gina Robinson Beats Breast Cancer | Decoding Style
Nail It: How to Do Scrabble Nails
Makeup Tips Backstage at Dolce & Gabbana
How To Look Like a Madewell Girl
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...