A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,395
Currently Running With Scissors:
836 Guests and 40 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 96
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Questions About Hairstyles!  (Read 121272 times)
Tags for this thread: hairstyle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sk8grll

I love my mini tea set!

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 11, 2007 11:49:40 AM »

Hallo peoples...
I've just recently shaved the majority of my hair off, so I'm looking for some advice. <3
Here are some pictures of my hair past and present...
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f218/Multicoloured_socks/Stages.jpg?t=1189481014
1. About two-three years ago, my hair at the longest it's ever been. (Natural color)
2. After I got it hacked off... (Natural color)
3. My hair last year, with a bit of washed out blue-black.
4. My mohawk-ish.
5. After I hacked all that off. (bleached & dyed burgundy.)
6. What I have at the moment... Growing out & fading.
...So. Now that you've seen those, I was hoping for some suggestions of hairstyles... Some that would look good with my face shape? xD
I plan to grow it out to a bit above my shoulders now, but that will take a while, so anything goes/works! Thanks. <3

picture 3 is looks exactly like my hair now lol Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace

Hi! I'm Kinnat Cheesy
I love making jewlery and purses.
I also love drawing people in powerpuff girl style Cheesy

I just started learning to sew and have made a couple of jumpers Cheesy
I also am learning to crochet at school and hope to finish making a scarf
sparky17
« Reply #501 on: October 03, 2007 05:51:45 PM »

hi! ive never really changed my hairstyle before, other than getting some highlights. i want to try something new. im thinking about with getting it cut shorter and dying the underside bright pink, or getting extensions or pink extensions. im getting it cut tomorrow any otehr ideas are appreciated too! thanx!  Smiley

im the one getting kissed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ahoy Sailor!
« Reply #502 on: October 06, 2007 10:12:58 AM »

Hallo peoples...
...So. Now that you've seen those, I was hoping for some suggestions of hairstyles... Some that would look good with my face shape? xD
I plan to grow it out to a bit above my shoulders now, but that will take a while, so anything goes/works! Thanks. <3

personally i think you look really good with it super short in pic 6. i used to have my head shaved and ppl would compliment me all the time saying they wouldnt have the balls to do it and i can pull it off really well. if you happen to like it, id say keep it. you pull it off really well.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sk8grll

I love my mini tea set!

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 09, 2007 06:30:45 AM »

Hi everyone Grin
I have a question.. I want to cut my hair short in the back and spike it up but I was wondering what product to use? Gel or wax? I can't really see the difference so I thought I'd ask Cheesy Thanks Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace

Hi! I'm Kinnat Cheesy

ragdoll193
« Reply #504 on: October 09, 2007 08:27:08 AM »

wax doesn't seem to really dry when I use it, but gel is heavy. It depends on your hair really
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
♥the military will not stop me from crafting♥
pink zebra
« Reply #505 on: October 09, 2007 11:41:35 AM »

i agree with both said: wax doesnt dry down, and it depends on your hair.
still there is some things worth considering:
wax is more flexible, as it doesnt dry down. means your hair isnt glued, and it feels a more natural and can be restyled during the day (works even better when you cover your hands with a few drops of water). as its more oily than gel, it also doesnt dry out your hair whereas gel does. so if you have dry hair, you probably want to consider this.
with gel, as it dries down, offers more hold which might suit you better if your hair is a little too long for the weaker hold of wax, or if you have very thick hair, or you go for a very fixed, straight look.
i learnt from a stylist i worked with to rather use wax whenever possible, and she tought me, whatever you can do it your hair wehn it's still wet from washing, you can do wax too (sometimes a little more), but everything that needs strong hold is a job for gel.
i sometimes combine wax and a little hairspray, because i widely prefer how wax feels in my hair to gel (could you tell?).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sk8grll

I love my mini tea set!

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 09, 2007 12:02:39 PM »

Thanks guys Smiley
I will probably buy wax, it sounds better for me Smiley
Thanks again for the tips Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace

Hi! I'm Kinnat Cheesy

Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #507 on: October 09, 2007 02:46:50 PM »

I use something called Mad Mud from Beyond the Zone, you can get it at Sally or sometimes at salons.  It's basically a really thick paste you rub between your fingers to soften it up, then run it through your hair to make the spikes.  It works a lot like wax, but it's not greasy.
There's also something called Rough Paste from Redken that's basically the same thing, but a lot more expensive.

I don't like using gel because it seems to weigh my hair down too much... a few hours after styling it, it always seems to wilt and just look straight and greasy.  Not cool.

You can also make spikes just by using regular hair spray!  You need a lot of it though.  My favorite thing to do is style using the mad mud, then spray with a little hairspray to hold it, and go in with a little bit of wax in selected places to define a few chunks.  The wax I like is also from BTZ, called Air Wax, it's in a spray can that you can spray directly on your hair, but I prefer to spray it on my fingers then rub it into my hair.

Hope that helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
sk8grll

I love my mini tea set!

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 09, 2007 03:30:03 PM »

I use something called Mad Mud from Beyond the Zone, you can get it at Sally or sometimes at salons.  It's basically a really thick paste you rub between your fingers to soften it up, then run it through your hair to make the spikes.  It works a lot like wax, but it's not greasy.
There's also something called Rough Paste from Redken that's basically the same thing, but a lot more expensive.

I don't like using gel because it seems to weigh my hair down too much... a few hours after styling it, it always seems to wilt and just look straight and greasy.  Not cool.

You can also make spikes just by using regular hair spray!  You need a lot of it though.  My favorite thing to do is style using the mad mud, then spray with a little hairspray to hold it, and go in with a little bit of wax in selected places to define a few chunks.  The wax I like is also from BTZ, called Air Wax, it's in a spray can that you can spray directly on your hair, but I prefer to spray it on my fingers then rub it into my hair.

Hope that helps.

I live in Iceland so we don't have the stores you mentioned but thanks for the tips anyways Cheesy I will probably get some wax and spray hairspray on it or something. I guess I will just have to experiment Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace

Hi! I'm Kinnat Cheesy

Jamieee
« Reply #509 on: October 09, 2007 08:18:22 PM »

I have a question.
I want to have purple hair for Halloween. I don't want it to be permanent (well, actually I do, but I can't, haha). Does anyone know of any good washout dyes? I don't want to use those lame spray on ones, they never look good.
Any tips will be greatly appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 96 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Digital Zoom Tips
Digital Camera Exposure Basics
Outdoor Photography Tips
Camera Aperture Tips
Digital Camera Shutter Speed
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...