A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,331
Currently Running With Scissors:
666 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 96
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Questions About Hairstyles!  (Read 144414 times)
Tags for this thread: hairstyle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: August 16, 2007 06:52:07 PM »

WIPs, i have always been jealous of stick straight hair

And I always have been jealous of curly hair. Cheesy

I just don't know what to do with it. I need a change.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
rhoticity
« Reply #421 on: August 16, 2007 08:07:51 PM »

Okay, does anybody else have a good product recommendation for wavy hair? My hair is actually kind of nice in its natural state, which is those beachy-sort of waves people have to try for, but the problem is that it also is really thick and gets absolutely out of control if I let it air-dry this way. Scrunching gel and the like are wayyyy too much and make my hair crunchy and gross. Anything light, non-greasy, but that will tame the semi-frizz?

I'll probably ask at my salon-love-o-my-life next week when I go to get a haircut too, but I know they'll recommend some insanely expensive stuff with a price I may not be able to stomach Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Look, I've shrunk it! BY THE MAGIC OF XEROGRAPHY." -my sociolinguistics professor

wisty.
LilMissPink
« Reply #422 on: August 16, 2007 09:10:31 PM »

rhoticity, i really like sunsilk antifrizz, you can't even feel the difference after you put it on. but it definately takes away frizzies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everybody likes pink. People who think otherwise are in denial.
reenreen

crafting by request

View Profile WWW
« Reply #423 on: August 17, 2007 07:11:41 AM »

the tiniest bit of hair old keeps my curly hair managable
THIS ROCKS   Logged

she rambles oddly
http://pixelhazard.com
cfbandit

Rock on with your bad self, Penny!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #424 on: August 17, 2007 09:11:01 AM »

Okay, does anybody else have a good product recommendation for wavy hair? My hair is actually kind of nice in its natural state, which is those beachy-sort of waves people have to try for, but the problem is that it also is really thick and gets absolutely out of control if I let it air-dry this way. Scrunching gel and the like are wayyyy too much and make my hair crunchy and gross. Anything light, non-greasy, but that will tame the semi-frizz?

I'll probably ask at my salon-love-o-my-life next week when I go to get a haircut too, but I know they'll recommend some insanely expensive stuff with a price I may not be able to stomach Smiley

Ooh! Ooh! I know the answer to this one!!!!  Grin

You need styling lotion. I put it in my hair EVERY day since mine has some wave in it and is VERY thick.

I love the Paul Mitchell one - it comes out like a slightly sticky water like substance but it dries great! I usually have to wash my hands afterwards. And its not too badly priced at Ulta - you don't need a whole lot of it at a time. My husband and I both use it and we've only gone through a bottle and a half in nearly two years.

I went all the way to my old home in Minneapolis to find out about it - everyone in Chicago recommended pricey "chic-chic" stuff that I would never use.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: http://craftingyoohooville.blogspot.com
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/cfbandit

Ravelry: cfbandit

Member of the Al-ette Fan Club
melissafairy08
« Reply #425 on: August 17, 2007 12:29:11 PM »

Wow, reen!  You're gorgeous!  ...though, I don't know what to tell you to change 'cause I love your hair already.  I guess some pink, red or purple highlights would be fun, though.

I second the gorgeous, look at those eyes!!! Are you really stuck on a new style? Cuz with your exotic looks you could probably pull off some pretty daring styles without having to change your hair at all!

oooooo daring styles wihtout changing my hair? Where do i sign up?Huh got any suggestions or even better, pictures?

Thanks everyone for the helpful and really nice comments.I think it's the most compliments i have ever recieved. If i change my hair i'll post up a pic! I'll go shopping this afternoon and see what products are in the market for highlights. That streaking kit sounded especially interesting. I'll have a twarl on ebay as well. I hadn't thought of buying stuff online

I wont change it today though. I have a hawaii theme party tongight and have a feeling they crazy  curls would be more suitable

I do straighten my hair for special occasions but if there is even a hint of moisture in the air it frizzes, so i start the night looking awesome and end it looking like diana ross

WIPs, i have always been jealous of stick straight hair

spydyrgrrl, you are completely right, the grass always does seem greener

When my hair was longer I used to experiment with all kinds of crazy styles. Like random messy bun/knots all over, or different ways to pin it with bobby pins and barrettes, or funky braids etc. Especially since you are a crafter, you could create interesting hair decorations, the possibilities are endless. That's the one thing I miss about long hair, with my lil pixie cut my choices are, spike it up or comb it down, and sweep bangs aside or wear them across the forehead. Hehe.

And yes, the grass DOES seem greener. My hair is THICK, and I mean THICK. I have had several stylists tell me I have the thickest hair they have ever worked with. Seriously, when it's long my ponytails are like 4-5 inches in diameter. I hate it, it's so hard to manage, but everyone says "Most girls would KILL for your hair" Yeah right, trying carrying all that weight with your scalp and you will change your mind. As a result, my hair hasn't been past my chin in ages. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 17, 2007 12:34:07 PM »

melissa, is there a pic of your hair somewhere?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

**Entry period extended to May 20!** From concerts to musicals and more, what events inspire YOU?  Craft and enter for a chance to win a chunk of over $500 in prizes!
melissafairy08
« Reply #427 on: August 17, 2007 01:26:55 PM »

melissa, is there a pic of your hair somewhere?

There's a few up a couple pages, but I just got it cut and it's a little different. I didn't have straight across bangs before, they were more angular. Here's the newest do (this is the only pic I have so far, I know it's a little hard to see):
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 17, 2007 02:33:53 PM »

Aw, it's cute!!  That's a great style for someone with thick hair to get rid of some of that weight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

**Entry period extended to May 20!** From concerts to musicals and more, what events inspire YOU?  Craft and enter for a chance to win a chunk of over $500 in prizes!
melissafairy08
« Reply #429 on: August 17, 2007 03:17:52 PM »

Thanks!!!You should see the piles of hair when I get a trim, Ive had the same stylist for 3 years and he is still amazed!! If I can give one word of advice about short hair, it's find someone who is very experienced doing it. I called around and asked salons if they had anyone who was particularly good with short hair and I found the BEST stylist ever!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 96 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use Adjustment Layers
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Fix Details with the Clone Stamp Tool
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Correct Colors
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Move Selection from One Image into Another
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Introducing Adobe Photoshop CS2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...