A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,473
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 96
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Questions About Hairstyles!  (Read 125526 times)
Tags for this thread: hairstyle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ScotSkipper402
« Reply #370 on: August 08, 2007 09:03:15 AM »

cut it. Brings out your cheekbones.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
Diana dOr
« Reply #371 on: August 08, 2007 10:49:41 AM »

A shorter, thicker fringe would fit your face. A thicker bang would eliminate the piecey look, and if your bangs are kept choppy (not cut across) it'll still have the same effect but a fuller look.
I absolutely love the colour, it suits you fabulously.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Knitting is a boon for those of us who are easily bored.  I take my knitting everywhere to take the edge off of moments that would otherwise drive me stark raving mad"
sk8grll

I love my mini tea set!

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 08, 2007 03:57:01 PM »

Hi! I have a question.
My hair has been pretty flat latley so every morning (well, for the past few days) I have been teasing it. Then I comb it down a little bit. It looks good Tongue But I had one question- Is is bad for the hair to tease it? Like, does it damage it or something?  Undecided

Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace

Hi! I'm Kinnat Cheesy
I love making jewlery and purses.
I also love drawing people in powerpuff girl style Cheesy

I just started learning to sew and have made a couple of jumpers Cheesy
I also am learning to crochet at school and hope to finish making a scarf
Daiquiri
« Reply #373 on: August 09, 2007 11:46:30 AM »

Hi! I have a question.
My hair has been pretty flat latley so every morning (well, for the past few days) I have been teasing it. Then I comb it down a little bit. It looks good Tongue But I had one question- Is is bad for the hair to tease it? Like, does it damage it or something?  Undecided

Thanks.
You got it, teasing/backcombing does damage to the hair shaft or cuticle, or something like that. But I think if you deep condition every once in a while, your hair will be fine, especially if it hasn't been severely damaged before. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sk8grll

I love my mini tea set!

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 09, 2007 12:45:27 PM »

aw man :/  I don't think I will do it then. Unless I can pick up some deep conditioner when I go to america. I just dyed my hair too so I think it might be kinda damaged already Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace

Hi! I'm Kinnat Cheesy
I love making jewlery and purses.
I also love drawing people in powerpuff girl style Cheesy

I just started learning to sew and have made a couple of jumpers Cheesy
I also am learning to crochet at school and hope to finish making a scarf
MDodson
« Reply #375 on: August 10, 2007 01:00:09 PM »

I obsessively go to CVS, and I always see this one product that no one ever buys: Henna Dye with Placenta. I know people use Henna dyes for their hair.. but with placenta? Have any of you used this or seen it? It just seems weird to me.. I mean.. who's placenta are they using here?! lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
timarie
« Reply #376 on: August 10, 2007 07:25:25 PM »

my sister lightened her hair at the start of the summer and it gave her a pretty bad texture. she just recently darkened it back to it's natural brown color but it's already fading light. do any of you know a hair dye or method to keeping the hair in good condition but also keeping the color more permanent? She wants her medium-dark brown color back!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thetheLizard
« Reply #377 on: August 10, 2007 10:42:15 PM »

If I had any answers I'd give them, but alas, all I have are questions (really just a need for opinions.)

I'm thinking of cutting my hair short again (oh no, reposting a picture! It's actually like, a page back, but I'm reposting it with a new question. Hope it's okay with everybody)

(that's me)

BUT! I want to add in bits of green along my "bangs" (whatever you want to call that hair on my forehead that results from my side part), but not along my entire head...

like this:

(sorry for the weird photoshopped colors, I just kinda painted them in.)
(that's not me)

Is this advisable? How much would it cost if I got it cut at cost cutters (ten dollar haircut)? regis(twenty dollar haircut)? inspirations salon(thirty-five dollar haircut)? Do most hair places have green dye? Plz advise?

: (
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Breathless, we flung us on the windy hill, laughed in the sun, and kissed the lovely grass.
--Rupert Brooke
Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #378 on: August 11, 2007 07:35:16 AM »

I obsessively go to CVS, and I always see this one product that no one ever buys: Henna Dye with Placenta. I know people use Henna dyes for their hair.. but with placenta? Have any of you used this or seen it? It just seems weird to me.. I mean.. who's placenta are they using here?! lol.

It's some sort of animal placenta.  It's a conditioner, makes your hair really soft and shiny.  It's supposed to be good for coarse, thick hair... I have a few black friends who like to use it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
robynsteiner
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I heart SLB...He's dreamy!

Fo Shizzle, yo...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #379 on: August 11, 2007 10:31:05 AM »

Hey thetheLizard -

Love the bob - would look super cute with your face shape! That's a precision cut (even though it looks simple), so unless there's someone you already know (and trust) at a cheaper salon I would definitely recommend going to someone that's experienced with precision cuts.  You can call and ask around.  As far as the green goes, I would just buy something temporary at the drugstore that you could do yourself. That way, you aren't stuck with just green if you wanted to change. Hope that helps! Post a pic of your new 'do when you get it! Good luck.... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

L: "Don't leave your dirty package on the table."
C: "If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that..."

I WIST I had all these super cool things!

See you in the clouds, sweet little Jackson.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 96 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mary Higgins Clark on Her Writing Career
Cathy Erway on How Freelance Writers Find Jobs
Motherhood Comes Naturally and Other Vicious Lies
Myths About Children and Their Parents Debunked
Susanna Kearsley on The Royal York
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...