A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,205
Currently Running With Scissors:
398 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 96
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Questions About Hairstyles!  (Read 139200 times)
Tags for this thread: hairstyle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

melissafairy08
« Reply #340 on: August 02, 2007 02:58:32 PM »

If your hair is straight a nice graduated bob might look nice. As long as it goes below your chin. Think Aeon Flux. Otherwise, a consultation with a skilled stylist at an "alternative" salon would do you well. I no longer give an direction to mine, I sit down and say "make it fabulous!!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.
melissafairy08
« Reply #341 on: August 02, 2007 03:55:17 PM »

oh yes, and just because I want to play too. My hair has been super short for many years, I cant grow it out, I am so spoiled on the short. This leads me to make subtle tweaks to the style and color. Don't ever let anyone tell you that you cant have variety with short short hair. Here are some of my favs...

(with my handsome hubby!)

(My mom works with a raccoon rescue group)

With my cousin

Love this style the best

I am all natural at the moment, but i see hair dye in my near future. I am getting bored.

Also, one word of advice for very short girl hair, get a really good stylist, I have had some REALLY bad experiences that have lead to the use of many hats. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.
anakarina
(*

dear skull , art thou shiny?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #342 on: August 02, 2007 04:06:52 PM »

OH MY GOD A BABY RACOON. it's so greaking adorable. will you mail it to me?

and i did see your hair behind the racoon- it's adorable. if i didn't have hair that went past my ass that's the hairstyle i'd want.

I have a question:
I've never been to a salon to get anything done to my hair- i've always had my mother dye my hair. Now we live too far from each other so she can't do it and I'm interested in re-dying my hair black. My hair is about 40 inches in length from roots to tip, and it's straight - do any of you guys have any sort of idea of how much that may cost to dye by a profesional at a run-of-the-mill-nothing-too-fancy salon? I know it would vary by geographical area, but i'd just like some clue as to a range of prices. I live in florida.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007 04:12:28 PM by anakarina - Reason: to add a question » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop! Little knits, ACEOS, & paper goods.

WIST-list
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 02, 2007 06:03:55 PM »

Mailing baby raccoons is against swap rules.

Thank you,

Management.

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 02, 2007 06:07:44 PM »

I have a question:
I've never been to a salon to get anything done to my hair- i've always had my mother dye my hair. Now we live too far from each other so she can't do it and I'm interested in re-dying my hair black. My hair is about 40 inches in length from roots to tip, and it's straight - do any of you guys have any sort of idea of how much that may cost to dye by a profesional at a run-of-the-mill-nothing-too-fancy salon? I know it would vary by geographical area, but i'd just like some clue as to a range of prices. I live in florida.

Mine's...eh... long, but not as long as yours.  It's between my bra strap and the top of my pants and was near $150 with tip for one color at a run-of-the-mill, chain place in Ohio.

I'm sure you could call local salons and tell them your length and they will have an idea how much dye and the cost involved for your length.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anakarina
(*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: August 02, 2007 08:36:27 PM »

Thank you,

Management.

Grin

I have to re-read those! I could've sworn there was nothing against mailing baby racoons!

and that is expensive! that's what i imagined it might be. of course it's by a professional so the price is deserved.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST-list
Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #346 on: August 02, 2007 08:55:42 PM »

I have been dyeing my hair myself, or with help from a friend of mine, for about 3 years now. Recently I started cutting my hair myself as well. I've never really been unsatisfied with the way it turned out. I'm looking to do something else with my hair, but I have a few concerns:

1) every other time I've done my hair, I was just kinda screwing around. I didn't have a specific look in mind. This time I do, and I don't want to look in the mirror and think "well this is really not what I wanted."

2) I've had some really bad experiance with bleach. However, my mom did that, so it might have just been her lack of experiance.

3) I'm afraid if I go to a salon to get my hair done, I'll be talked into doing something more "conventional" or "stylish" or something along those lines.

My question is, I guess, is it worth going to a professional salon and paying the money? To anyone who has done both, does the salon tend to do a better job than you could have?

And any advice on bleaching (I'm going from auburn to blonde) would also be helpful.

Thankyou!

I didn't see your question answered yet, so I thought I'd try  Smiley

I went to salons to get highlights for years.  It cost me about $60 to $75 each time, and with my hair growing so fast, for it to look good it had to be done once a month.  It just wasn't economically feasible, so I learned to do color myself.  Now I can get the same look for $20 worth of supplies from the beauty store (much better!)

The thing about learning to color your own hair is it's like any other craft: practice makes perfect.  It will probably take you a few tries and hairstyles that aren't your favorite before you get good at picking the right color for your hair and skin tone, getting the mixing and time right, and doing more complicated things like foils and chunking.

I've had a few times when I colored my hair and it was an absolute mess.  I've also had some times when the stylist who cuts it asks where I got it done and was totally shocked when I said I did it myself.

If you want something specific and would be disappointed if it turned out differently, I'd say it's best to go to a salon, or at least a friend who knows how to do hair.  But if you want to learn to do it yourself, it's going to take a little experimentation.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 02, 2007 08:57:14 PM »

Thank you,

Management.

Grin

I have to re-read those! I could've sworn there was nothing against mailing baby racoons!

and that is expensive! that's what i imagined it might be. of course it's by a professional so the price is deserved.

Cheesy

I'm sure the price varies.  My hairs are thin, but my over hair is thick (I hope that makes sense).  I'm going to get my hair done tomorrow in a few colors, so I'll report back with the salon price of that for ya as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #348 on: August 03, 2007 04:04:22 AM »

My hair was never quite as long as yours - somewhere just above my butt...I never actually measured it..
i had it coloured pro once at that length and it cost me close to $200!!!
I gave up on that, went out and bought three boxes of auburn and did it myself from that point on...

Now it's about ear-length with layers, so I can get away with half a box at a time Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anakarina
(*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: August 03, 2007 08:25:59 AM »

Thank you,

Management.

Grin

Cheesy

I'm sure the price varies.  My hairs are thin, but my over hair is thick (I hope that makes sense).  I'm going to get my hair done tomorrow in a few colors, so I'll report back with the salon price of that for ya as well.

thanks Wink

My hair was never quite as long as yours - somewhere just above my butt...I never actually measured it..
i had it coloured pro once at that length and it cost me close to $200!!!
I gave up on that, went out and bought three boxes of auburn and did it myself from that point on...

Now it's about ear-length with layers, so I can get away with half a box at a time Smiley

yeah that's pricey! maybe i'll have to just wait to visit my mom and have her do it, or risk it and have my boyfriend attempt it.

p.s. i measured just for the purpose of asking this question Grin

« Last Edit: August 03, 2007 08:27:11 AM by anakarina » THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST-list
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 96 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Going Brunette: What to Know Before Embracing the Dark Side
How To Clip in A One Piece Hair Extension
NYFW Gives Us 3 Low-Maintenance Hair Trends
Try Out Bangs Without Making The Cut!
70s Disco Hair Trend from Fashion Week
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...