A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,568
Currently Running With Scissors:
547 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 96
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Questions About Hairstyles!  (Read 121498 times)
Tags for this thread: hairstyle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

phantomssiren

Life's Too Short To Follow Patterns

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #290 on: June 30, 2007 07:47:16 AM »

This is what I ended up with, its a bit flat cos its still raining here in the flood zone. Thanks for all your help guys, now I just have to work out fun ways to style it Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adetten
Jen the Jew

You got to pick up every stitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: June 30, 2007 12:42:29 PM »

This is what I ended up with, its a bit flat cos its still raining here in the flood zone. Thanks for all your help guys, now I just have to work out fun ways to style it Smiley
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/phantoms_siren/red1small.jpg

That is great, I think it looks really cute!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What about simple people like you and me, All we wanna do is have some fun, bring some joy to everyone, play some music that makes you move, watch you shake your body and groove, bob your head to the beat and rock steady, Let me know when your ready, burn some herb and get irie.." - Outlaw Nation
xsugarkittyx
Manga/Anime Fangirl

Scary crafting redheads...

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 30, 2007 03:02:58 PM »

Hi! I just wanted to say I love your hair!! Cheesy I just got mine cut and showed her a pic of yours but she didn't really do it right :/ I am going to pick up some gel or somehting when I go to the states to make it poofyer. Tongue Not I look kinda like a boy.

Thanks! Smiley

I use "L'Oreal REMIX Non-hardening styling paste" and find it works really well. It come in a blue container and was recommended by my hairdresser! Cheesy

This is the pic she worked off of for reference, but I style it a little differently myself!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b54/xsugarkittyx/hair.jpg

Ahh, I love long names like that xD And "paste" is a funny word lol Tongue Damn I am random xD I will try and pick some of that up in america. One thing I don't like about my hair is the bangs. When they are down it looks ok but it is always so frikking windy here that they blow around and my hair parts in the middle. It is HIDEOUS! Tongue Is there something I could use to like, glue my bangs down? lol or can that paste crap do it?

Yeah, the paste will help. I find blowdrying the bangs in the direction you want and then using some of the styling paste on the ends of separate chunks of hair in that direction, and then spraying with a bit of extra strong hair spray will usually hold 'em there good, lol. I dunno, I'm bad at trying to explain things! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
timarie
« Reply #293 on: July 01, 2007 09:30:38 AM »

Adetten, I REALLY love the blue cut. I think it would look flattering! Why don't you think it would be right for you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adetten
Jen the Jew

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: July 01, 2007 11:04:45 AM »

Adetten, I REALLY love the blue cut. I think it would look flattering! Why don't you think it would be right for you?

bit of facial shape issues. I actually got my haircut yesterday and I can't have a part like that so yeah lol. Its a very chopy bob right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What about simple people like you and me, All we wanna do is have some fun, bring some joy to everyone, play some music that makes you move, watch you shake your body and groove, bob your head to the beat and rock steady, Let me know when your ready, burn some herb and get irie.." - Outlaw Nation
Adetten
Jen the Jew

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: July 07, 2007 12:13:41 PM »

hey all I'm finally posting pics, i just dyed and cut it last week here they are.. Now i just have to learn how to style it, any suggestions on that would be helpful..

Excuse the weird face and oldie cam lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MDodson
« Reply #296 on: July 07, 2007 03:20:16 PM »

Okay, well today my mom and I dyed each others hair, I hadn't dyed my hair for months, but I decided I got sick of how it looked, and my mom always dyes her hair too light, and then the roots are too dark when they grow out... so we chose a dark brown for her. Which, on the box, as always it looked different than what it did on her hair. It looked black. Needless to say, she doesn't like it. She's getting used to it a little but she doesn't want it to stay that way. We've already tried the "Use lemon juice/anti-dandruff/dishwashing liquid" idea. Didn't work all that well. Other than using that, what can she do to lighten it to look dark brown or medium brownish.. before she gives up and goes to a salon? Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: July 07, 2007 03:40:29 PM »

Was it a semi-permanent or a permanent color?
If it's semi-permanent, it's a lot easier to get out.  You can get haircolor removal kits at a drugstore/beauty supply store... but I've never personally used one and the results can be a bit unpredictable.  If you decide to try it, definitely do a strand test before putting it on her whole head.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
MDodson
« Reply #298 on: July 07, 2007 04:17:55 PM »

It's permanent. And I've used those color remover thingies, and it definitely works, but if we're gonna do that I think she may as well go to a salon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Daiquiri
« Reply #299 on: July 08, 2007 01:08:50 PM »

Usually when a dark brown comes out almost black, it lightens up with a few washes. I'd wait a few days to see what happens before trying a harsh color remover.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 96 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photographer Creates Amazing Shots of Babies Underwater
Birchbox Man: Photographer Douglas Friedman
Dinner Party: The Sartorialist for AOL On
Best Photographs of Micro World Announced
5 Tips to Taking Successful Selfies
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...