A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,389
Currently Running With Scissors:
792 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 96
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Questions About Hairstyles!  (Read 121271 times)
Tags for this thread: hairstyle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

detritus
« Reply #250 on: June 09, 2007 07:35:51 PM »

MDodson,

Strawberry blonde hair looks good on fair-skinned people with warm undertones--think of that "peaches and cream" complexion. People with freckles can also look good with strawberry blonde hair. It's a hard color for most people to pull off, though.  You can figure out if you have cool or warm undertones based on the colors that look good on you. Cools look better in cool colors: blues, pinks, blueish reds, purple, etc. Warms look better in warm colors: greens, corals, oranges, orangey reds. If you do a search on the "season" your coloration makes you, they should have thumbnails of colors, etc. Strawberry blonde is a color that generally only springs look good in. And even then, only the palest springs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adetten
Jen the Jew

You got to pick up every stitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: June 09, 2007 08:12:10 PM »

adetten, maybe you could try getting your hair permed

so when you wash it it'll come out the same without having to do all the hard work of curling it

honestly it scares me to try that, I've had my hair every color and am not afraid of bleach so my hair can take punishment. I just don't think this would be something I could do at home and then, if I don't like it does anybody no how to reverse it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What about simple people like you and me, All we wanna do is have some fun, bring some joy to everyone, play some music that makes you move, watch you shake your body and groove, bob your head to the beat and rock steady, Let me know when your ready, burn some herb and get irie.." - Outlaw Nation
sk8grll

I love my mini tea set!

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 10, 2007 06:11:00 AM »

so when you wash it it'll come out the same without having to do all the hard work of curling it

honestly it scares me to try that, I've had my hair every color and am not afraid of bleach so my hair can take punishment. I just don't think this would be something I could do at home and then, if I don't like it does anybody no how to reverse it?

I know nothing about perms but I have heard of a like "anti-perm" (lol) that makes your hair long-lasting straight.

I have a question (again Tongue):

Wich haircut would look better on me?

Me before my hair got all uber-long xD (well, it is like, half way down my neck Cheesy)

Our own xsugarkittyx with her totally cool gummy bear earrings Wink Hope you don't mind i'm using your picture Smiley

I am kinda afraid of bangs (lol) so it was a big change to get my side bangs on my last hair cut. Should I just get the same thing again? Or change it up? Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace

Hi! I'm Kinnat Cheesy
I love making jewlery and purses.
I also love drawing people in powerpuff girl style Cheesy

I just started learning to sew and have made a couple of jumpers Cheesy
I also am learning to crochet at school and hope to finish making a scarf
jezzyloo
« Reply #253 on: June 10, 2007 01:06:23 PM »

I've been going through major phases with my hair. Since the beginning of 2006, I've been growing it out. I think it makes me look skinnier. I also started dying it really dark, which I love.

But I'm sort of bored with it. It's very thin and lies flat. I don't like to put product in that often, because the longer it gets, the harder it is to work with it.
Can layers and bangs save me?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: June 10, 2007 02:21:26 PM »

You can get a relaxer/chemical straightener to straighten curly hair... but those are really harsh to begin with.  Might not be a good idea to do it after your hair has already been damaged from the perm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
coma bernice
« Reply #255 on: June 10, 2007 04:07:45 PM »

braids would be cute  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 swaps
NerdyCrochetGal
Nerdy Weirdo with Yarn Skills

I am not ignoring you... I am counting stitches...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #256 on: June 10, 2007 06:19:16 PM »

I've been going through major phases with my hair. Since the beginning of 2006, I've been growing it out. I think it makes me look skinnier. I also started dying it really dark, which I love.

But I'm sort of bored with it. It's very thin and lies flat. I don't like to put product in that often, because the longer it gets, the harder it is to work with it.
Can layers and bangs save me?

I honestly can't comment about the bangs, cause I haven't had bangs since.. uhm... I think its been about 16 years.. But either way, my hair is long and tends to be pretty flat, I never really used to do anything but get my hair trimmed every once in a great while. Then about 2 years ago I decided to add some long layers, long enough so I could still pull it back into a ponytail and I looooved them. Not only were they super low maintenance they added some bounce and life to my hair.. Because like you I am not really into putting stuff in my hair.. I shampoo, condition, towel dry and brush.. That's the extent of my hair routine. lol.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007 04:47:50 AM by batgirl - Reason: to remove img in quote » THIS ROCKS   Logged

HOOKER PRIDE!!!
ehmalee
« Reply #257 on: June 11, 2007 02:09:22 PM »

I've experimented with my hair before and I've come to a point where I would love a stable hairstyle. During a Hannah Montana marathon, I realized that I loved her hair and wondered if I could pull it off.

My hair is naturally wavy but I just don't know how to harness it for good, instead of its big evil ways so I straighten it.

Face Shape: (And a chance to show off my first knit hat)

Here's an example of Miley Cyrus' hair.

My hair is growing out and it about a quarter down my back. Any suggestions? or is it just plain wrong for my face shape? I've acknowledged that anything is going to take a little time and I'm ok with getting new appliances to do it.

Thanks for reading the uber long post. Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007 07:17:24 PM by ehmalee » THIS ROCKS   Logged
LilMissPink
« Reply #258 on: June 11, 2007 03:20:30 PM »

ehmalee, i think that could be a good look for you... if you keep growing your hair it shouldn't be too hard to get. If you find a goodcurl activator lotion or maybe even plain setting lotion, you could probably pull it off without killing your hair (And wasting time) with curling irons everyday. instead of curling it, you could get those soft rollers and roll your hair up at night (only up to your ears, not above that unless you want a lot of volume at the top).if you don't want to fuss with rollers, you could probably twist 2 inch sections of hair into little buns (up to where you don't want your hair to curl) and hold them with tiny rubber bands (after you put curl activator/setting lotion on damp hair)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everybody likes pink. People who think otherwise are in denial.
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #259 on: June 12, 2007 03:46:27 AM »

if you don't want to fuss with rollers, you could probably twist 2 inch sections of hair into little buns (up to where you don't want your hair to curl) and hold them with tiny rubber bands (after you put curl activator/setting lotion on damp hair)

Also, you could rag-roll...take small scraps of fabric, wrap your hair around it and tie them up...that's what I used to do for wavy hair Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 96 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to slide a Cybook into a epaper art frame
How to Freeze Time in After Effects
After Effects - Virtual 3D Photos
After Effects - Creating a 3D Room
After Effects - Audio to Animation
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...