A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,405
Currently Running With Scissors:
708 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 96
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Questions About Hairstyles!  (Read 121301 times)
Tags for this thread: hairstyle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xfoxglove
« Reply #210 on: June 02, 2007 10:53:53 AM »

i'm going to an art opening in a few days and i want my hair to look special.  i was thinking about doing curls.

my hair is long(ish) and the last time i used the curling iron they didn't come out so well.  i tried using some velcro curlers the other day and well... bad, bad idea.  i ripped a bunch of hair out and they didn't stay in well, so i had to use pins to keep them in.

anyway!  does anybody know how i could get curls?  or maybe what i'm asking for is.. what tool should i use?  my mom said something about rag curlers, but she has short hair and wasn't sure. 

here's a photo to show length.

thanks in advance.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace.com/xfoxglove
sthomson
« Reply #211 on: June 02, 2007 11:09:59 AM »

My hair used to be as long as yours - when I wanted curly hair for my prom, hot rollers and lots of gel and hairspray seemed to work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

supermedic
SUPERMEDIC

Live Love Laugh But Laugh the Most

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #212 on: June 02, 2007 11:16:08 AM »

i say hot rollers also.  i have long hair and thats the only way i can get any curl.  leave in until they are almost cool.  spray with hairspray when in and then right after you remove.  leave hair alone until completely cool.  then just finger through.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LilMissPink
« Reply #213 on: June 02, 2007 02:38:08 PM »

i find that curling irons never work without using some kind of spray. if you shop around for a spray that is specifically for use with curling irons it should help if u use enough. you spray plenty of it onto the piece of hair before you curl it and i like to put hairstray over it afterwards. it really helps and ive even used it to curl asian hair and it worked.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everybody likes pink. People who think otherwise are in denial.
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 02, 2007 02:47:44 PM »

Rag curls work really well. Bun curls too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
nightal1031
« Reply #215 on: June 02, 2007 03:03:03 PM »

my hair is really fine, and when i want it curly, i wash it, blowdry it to where its damp, put gel in, and put it in hot rollers.  then, after its dry, i go over what i want different with a curling iron and hairspray the ever-loving crap out of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Procrastinators unite!!!
...tomorrow
tad1uk
« Reply #216 on: June 02, 2007 03:39:42 PM »

anyway!  does anybody know how i could get curls?  or maybe what i'm asking for is.. what tool should i use?  my mom said something about rag curlers, but she has short hair and wasn't sure.    

ok so we have almost the same length hair. my hair doesnt hold curls at all. ive used a curling iron before n it doesnt help. my mom has a chi straightener and if you get it just right you can actually curl your hair with it. sorta start at the top and rotated the chi while moving down the hair. its a nice ringlet. then when im done with each section i spray alot of hairspray on. i use spray n play or perhaps its called big n sexy...im not sure but its a big red bottle from a store called trade secret. they may sell it elsewhere. but that stuff is great n doesnt leave your hair like super crusty but really holds the curl. i go to sleep with my hair curly and wake up and its turned to a more 'sexy' curly look ya know...yeah. lasts a good while. this is the only way ive managed to get curly hair that stays all day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: June 02, 2007 05:45:31 PM »

I think you're talking about "big sexy hair"!

Does it look like this?
http://www.joybeauty.com/graphics/misc05/bs-Spray-Play.jpg

If it's the same stuff, you can also get it at Walgreen's.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
MDodson
« Reply #218 on: June 02, 2007 06:02:11 PM »

Bangs question.

What are the best type of bangs to have for someone who has thin hair? I kind of want bangs that go straight across my forehead (what are those kind even called?) by I'm not sure if they'd look good on me. And I'd like to also be able to push them to the side, side swept. I've tried to have my hair to where it was "piece-y" if you get what I'm talking about, haha.. but the hairstylist who did it wasn't all that good at it, and it didn't at all look the way I wanted it to, it just looked like a normal cut. I've been growing my bangs out for about two, three months, but I don't like it when all of my hair is one length, so you know. Any suggestions for me? I don't want boring hair anymore!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xfoxglove
« Reply #219 on: June 02, 2007 06:12:23 PM »

thanks everyone.  you're all awesome!

i went out and bought some hot rollers.  i got the set with twenty.  the sizes vary, but i'm hoping they'll work out okay.  i'm going to try them tomorrow for my cousin's birthday and see how it goes and holds.  (the humidity will probably kill them, so maybe i'll need a travel sized hir spray.  haha.)

and about the bangs question.  i went in once with a picture of the bangs you're describing and the girl cutting my hair looked at the picture and said they might make me look really young.  (um, okay?)  but anyway!  she gave me regular bangs, like straight across, but razored them and i really liked them.  i think razoring might be the key to having something piece-y.  that and some sort of styling product.  that's just my two cents.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace.com/xfoxglove
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 96 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Macromedia Flash 8 - Adding Transparency to a Gradient
Macromedia Flash 8 - Choosing a Gradient Overflow
Macromedia Flash 8 - Saving and Locking Gradients
Macromedia Flash 8 - Applying and Transforming Gradients
Macromedia Flash 8 - Adjusting Cap, Join and Other Stroke Properties
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...