A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 301,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
426 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 96
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Questions About Hairstyles!  (Read 140962 times)
Tags for this thread: hairstyle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #150 on: May 10, 2007 01:10:02 PM »

tivaclare, you have the right face shape for that cut, and it's nice and edgy (which I love!!!)

I say, go for it! That would look awesome on you, and you'd def. be one of the hottest moms on the block! With your coloring, I'd go for the vut, but with a darker color rather than the blond - even the colour in your last post would look great, with black like in the pic, and something fun in the front there....

JennLee, that's a great style! I think it would look nice on you, but with slightly more drastic layers and a wee bit shorter. Think maybe 3 inches below your shoulders instead of 6?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JennLee
« Reply #151 on: May 10, 2007 02:11:23 PM »

Smiley Thanks, Jezebel!  I appreciate your input like you wouldn't believe. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tivaclare
« Reply #152 on: May 10, 2007 04:33:29 PM »

Thanks so much for the advice!

My next question...if I do decide I want purple streaks (or maybe blue), is it necessary to bleach my hair first? For some reason, dying isn't so scary to me as the bleaching.

I think I would like to have darker hair, probably black with a few splashes of color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
detritus
« Reply #153 on: May 10, 2007 07:48:17 PM »

You don't HAVE to bleach your hair, but the color will be much less intense if you don't. Given the dark color you have now, purple or blue would probably be quite subtle if you don't. Not that that's a bad thing--I had a friend with black hair that used blue dye on it without bleaching and it looked black inside but had a pretty bluish highlight when the sun hit it. If you do decide to bleach it, you only need to lighten the hair enough that the dye will show up--you don't need to get the "pale lemon yellow" as if you were bleaching it all blonde. So less time=less damage.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 10, 2007 08:54:05 PM »

I've been meaning to ask a question, but never got around to it. Okay, so before I learned about teasing your hair. Well, I tried teasing my hair today, and it didn't do anything. What do I think I could be doing wrong. Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
JennLee
« Reply #155 on: May 10, 2007 10:36:20 PM »

WIPs... you may need to use a bunch of hairspray in order to make it stay.  And, try taking bigger sections of hair at once to backcomb.  Don't be afraid to get your hair tangled, as that's the point of teasing it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Morning Star
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

feel my chest when i look at you, baby you, you got my only heart.

suppose i said, you're my saving grace?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: May 11, 2007 10:10:51 AM »

I've been meaning to ask a question, but never got around to it. Okay, so before I learned about teasing your hair. Well, I tried teasing my hair today, and it didn't do anything. What do I think I could be doing wrong. Huh

take about 1/2inch sections and hold them straight up and slightly forward, and just backcomb like crazy. (well, depending on how high you want your hair to be) and then hairspray just enough so it'll stay. repeat until you've done all the sections you want teased, then take a brush and GENTLY smooth out the front part so it doesn't look ratty in the front
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-mayor west?
-how do you know my language?

i made an info blog for my swap partners.
http://mon-seul.livejournal.com/

i now have a wist list!

www.wists.com/morningstar
looktothedusk
« Reply #157 on: May 12, 2007 06:18:05 AM »

Ok first how do you post a photo? then i'll ask my question.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

" To be a lady one must only be themselves."
Morning Star
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

feel my chest when i look at you, baby you, you got my only heart.

suppose i said, you're my saving grace?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2007 08:59:02 AM »

Ok first how do you post a photo? then i'll ask my question.

the easiest way for me is to go to craftster.org/pictures and upload it there, then click on the picture, and there is a tag that starts with [img]  you copy and paste into a reply. and voila. hope that helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-mayor west?
-how do you know my language?

i made an info blog for my swap partners.
http://mon-seul.livejournal.com/

i now have a wist list!

www.wists.com/morningstar
MDodson
« Reply #159 on: May 15, 2007 05:50:33 PM »

Okaay. Lately my hair has had that feeling you get when you haven't completely washed out the shampoo in your hair but it's dry.. you know what I mean? but there is no shampoo or conditioner left. Nothing. I've used lots of different shampoos, stayed with just one for a while, and also just recently used the shampoo that takes built up shampoo off your hair. I've used conditioner, not used conditioner. All the combinations you can think of. I have no idea why my hair feels so icky, it's very annoying!! Does anyone know what I can do to make it not feel this way anymore, or why it feels this way? I dye my hair, if that matters, but it's never felt like this before for so long.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007 05:52:05 PM by MDodson » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 96 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Behind the Sandwich: Crispy Pork at Bark Hot Dogs
The Best Burger in New York City: The Brindle Room
Dr. Travis Makes a Healthy Deep Dish Pizza
Fun and Affordable Summer Grilling Tips
How to Make Creamy Mac and Cheese with Bread Crumb Crust
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Falafel without Frying
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...