A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
364 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 96
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Questions About Hairstyles!  (Read 125724 times)
Tags for this thread: hairstyle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ahoy Sailor!
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2007 07:37:35 AM »

[/quote]

You have fair skin and blue eyes, so i don't think jet black would look that flattering. It might just wash you out. Maybe try a dark red or dark blue?
[/quote]

i had dark red before and the red was gone within days. and i had blue black and i didnt liek how after a week or 2 it turned grayish. ive had black before but my hair was short so i really didn't care. i did do my hair jet black and i put extensions in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nyx_slittleDemon
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2007 10:27:31 AM »

i had dark red before and the red was gone within days. and i had blue black and i didnt liek how after a week or 2 it turned grayish. ive had black before but my hair was short so i really didn't care. i did do my hair jet black and i put extensions in.
[/quote]

i did the blue thing..and yea it went all gray with mine too...it was not pretty...not even a nice gray...
i think black would look fine but your gonna look more to the gothic side....so that would all be up to your taste
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kaiser Scissorhands

Why am I sticky & naked? Did I miss something fun?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2007 12:51:59 PM »

i think that you could pull off black, i think it would look really good with your light skin and blue eyes too.  what i'd like to know is if you think that i could ever pull off all bleach blonde...

img

i've been really wanting it short and super blonde for a long time now, but nearly everyone tells me not to do it.  so i've just been doing the underside of my bangs.  anyway, what are your thoughts?

I always had free reign over my hair, because it'll grow out, can be dyed and bleached. So go for it. If you don't like it, Spend the 10 bucks to dye it back. tell your friends they'll get used to it.

Ok. this is my hair now:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/172/458098843_4a02cffa29.jpg?v=0
It is LONG. and I have fallen into ponytail/braids rut. I want to cut it, but i need to have the ability to pull it back (for my own sanity) and I just recently learned to frenchbraid (out of necessity), but it is the longest it's ever been and I don't think I can stand it anymore.

So what the hell do I do.

Also, I am lazy and don't spend time on my hair (hence ponytail rut) unless it's a Very special occasion. Suggestions?

Here are a couple other hairdo history moments for reference.

a midrange photo (Grow out phase)

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/227/463168264_32126daca3.jpg?v=0
wicked short.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013 10:22:31 AM by rackycoo - Reason: changed non-working images to links » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Living dangerously.
milkweed*
Once...there was this kid who...

easy peasy pumkin peasy pumkin pie motherf*ckers

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2007 01:01:49 PM »

oOo your hair looks really good in the last picture Kaiser Scissorhands Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Oh, look at him!" "He's checking out his hair!" "Get off our bus you filthy man." *knock* "'Ello Baybee!"

http://myspace.com/gwuncey
"A TRUE friend stabs you in the front"
determinedimprovisation

overly-excited crafter of all trades

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2007 02:46:43 PM »

oOo your hair looks really good in the last picture Kaiser Scissorhands Cheesy

Agreed!  You look so cute with short hair.  I really like your bangs the way they are now though, so I say keep them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Prettyinpunk

Ooooh....swedishness.....0_o

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2007 11:00:05 AM »

I have a question - is there any way at all to lighten dark hiar naturally - I'm just talking a couple of shades, nothing drastic...
my hair bleaches a little in the sun over summer, and I'd love to get it a bit lighter than it does naturally, over a long amount of time.... I know that fair hair can be lightened using lemon juice as a natural substitute for sun-in, would that do anything at all to dark hair, apart from me possibly having a sticky head??
I don't want to have to resort to bleach because I don't want that drastic a change  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hey love
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2007 12:05:29 PM »

i think that you could pull off black, i think it would look really good with your light skin and blue eyes too.  what i'd like to know is if you think that i could ever pull off all bleach blonde...

img

i've been really wanting it short and super blonde for a long time now, but nearly everyone tells me not to do it.  so i've just been doing the underside of my bangs.  anyway, what are your thoughts?

I always had free reign over my hair, because it'll grow out, can be dyed and bleached. So go for it. If you don't like it, Spend the 10 bucks to dye it back. tell your friends they'll get used to it.

ok, i'm thinking in the summertime i'll get it cut short and then i'll bleach the heck out of it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2007 12:54:33 PM »

I have a question - is there any way at all to lighten dark hiar naturally - I'm just talking a couple of shades, nothing drastic...
my hair bleaches a little in the sun over summer, and I'd love to get it a bit lighter than it does naturally, over a long amount of time.... I know that fair hair can be lightened using lemon juice as a natural substitute for sun-in, would that do anything at all to dark hair, apart from me possibly having a sticky head??
I don't want to have to resort to bleach because I don't want that drastic a change  Undecided

I went from a dark-brown to a medium-brown with lemon juice.  Just put it on and go sit in the sun.  It takes a few days of using it to see any noticeable change, but if that's what you want it's great.
Depending on how dark your hair is, it might not work, but it's not expensive so you might as well try.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
Nyx_slittleDemon
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2007 01:22:06 PM »

ive used sun in a few times and i really like that. instead of having to sit out in the sun you can just blow dry it..that way you can see how much lighter it makes it and add more if youd like...just do a bit at a time but if your hair is darker you probley dont need about using to much of it the first few times..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Morning Star
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

feel my chest when i look at you, baby you, you got my only heart.

suppose i said, you're my saving grace?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2007 01:39:25 PM »

sun-in is literally one of the worst things you can ever put in your hair. it's like bleach that never stops bleaching. because it lightens your hair with ANY kind of heat that hits your hair, and it's very damaging.
if you want to just go a little lighter, just keep the bleach on for a little while until you get to a lighter brown. i've done that on people before, and it works just fine. it's way better for your hair than sun-in.
or, if it gets to light, you can always put a demi-permanent color over it in a shade you like.

i did it to this girl's hair, and it looks awesome on her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-mayor west?
-how do you know my language?

i made an info blog for my swap partners.
http://mon-seul.livejournal.com/

i now have a wist list!

www.wists.com/morningstar
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 96 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Figures
How to Draw With Pastels
How to Draw With Ink
How to Draw Shoes
How to Draw Shadows
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...