A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
493 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Questions About Hairstyles!  (Read 121887 times)
Tags for this thread: hairstyle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xsugarkittyx
Manga/Anime Fangirl

Scary crafting redheads...

View Profile
« Reply #930 on: November 09, 2010 02:49:57 PM »

So, I've never dyed my hair before, but have been wanting to dye a few pieces underneath my hair a purple colour. The only issue is that I have this red-orangey coloured hair, and all the research I've been doing online says red hair is hard to dye, blah blah, etc. It hasn't been helpful, in other words.

So I'm wondering, am I crazy for trying? Any tips that might make the process go a little better if I do attempt it? Here's a couple pics to show the colour:

This one's right in the sun, so it doesn't tend to be that intense usually lol.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Harleytime
« Reply #931 on: November 10, 2010 09:54:51 AM »

Are extensions out of the question? I know a redhead who did the purple underlayer thing and it looked really great, but they were extensions...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugarpumpkin
« Reply #932 on: April 20, 2011 01:54:04 PM »

First of all, let me say you are all so inspiring!!

I was hoping I could get some advice!

I wanted to change my hair a bit (and it really needs to be dyed! roots are almost 6"!)

I want to keep it mostly blonde but wanted to add some sort of highlights or something.
I am going to keep it long and will likely do something with brown as opposed to red (since I am always bad with the upkeep!)

Thats me about a month ago! Any suggestions?

I was thinking of going with this haircut but don't want to do the red (for reasons mentioned above):
http://www.hairdb.com/images/longhairstyle1/long-hairstyle023.jpg

I have a "corporate" job so I can't get too crazy.

Any suggestions are welcome!

I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Thanks so much you lovely craftsters!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011 12:54:58 AM by MareMare - Reason: please don't hotlink to pics you don't own » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://sequins-and-stripes.blogspot.com

Today, today its all or nothing, all the way, my praise goes out to you, yah all my praise goes out to you.
Today, Today I live for one thing, to give you praise in everything I do, yah all my praise goes out to you!
DuctTapeRockStar
Maowzers.

Maowzers.

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: July 17, 2011 07:22:04 PM »

Mmkay, so I've been dying my hair red for a while now (I'm going to go ahead and say all the hair on my head has only known ginger) and I like using the cheap $3 dye at Wal-Mart (Don't really know what it's called) but when I went to get dye today, they were all out...Of every shade of ginger. So I looked around...Generally I get a very bright ginger that's still sorta natural looking, and with my hair it'll end up the right color...Well I got L'Oreal Feria and it was all bright and I hoped it would work right.
Well...If it worked right, I wouldn't be here.
It's really weird...When I look in a mirror and touch it...It's really dark, like almost black with a halo of fire engine red where the light hits it. If I look through my bangs it looks bright red as well.
Outside here are a couple pictures (because my house is really poorly lit and it looks even more not right).

See how it's got like...low-lights...Yeah those don't exist and it confuses me.

Usually my hair is like this...

I want my hair to at least fade a bit, I like the convincing gingery hair how can I get it back to the way it was?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Greatness is more than potential. It is the execution of that potential. Beyond the raw talent. You need the appropriate training. You need the discipline. You need the inspiration. You need the drive."

~ Eric A. Burns
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #934 on: July 17, 2011 09:15:27 PM »

I hate to say this, but go to a salon. There are ways to DIY, but if you don't know what you are doing, it's better to just pay a pro to strip the colour out and fix you up than it is to pay a pro to try to work a miracle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #935 on: July 18, 2011 01:22:11 AM »

DuctTape, color will usually fade and won't be as dark after about a week or two of washes. It's very different from person to person but jezebel is right, to get the color you want you will have to see a professional now so they can bleach or strip the color from your hair and then add the ginger color you want. They can also help repair or teach you how to combat the dryness that you might have in your hair after all the chemical processes.

I love the fire engine red if that's any solace to your mishap. That's the exact color my sister wants but she has naturally golden hair so she ends up with gingery brown. Sad Maybe you two could trade? Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jane-of-all-trades14
« Reply #936 on: August 16, 2011 07:12:04 PM »

Not foreshore if I should ask this here but I recently dyed my hair a light auburn, about 2 weeks ago, and am wanting to dye it a dark aubern because my hair now looks strawberry blonde.  How long should I wait to dye it? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flysky
« Reply #937 on: August 17, 2011 10:18:46 PM »

Not foreshore if I should ask this here but I recently dyed my hair a light auburn, about 2 weeks ago, and am wanting to dye it a dark aubern because my hair now looks strawberry blonde.  How long should I wait to dye it? 
at least half a year, I think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tygir

I am a leaf on the wind

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #938 on: August 25, 2011 06:20:12 PM »

I dunno why you'd wait 6 months...
Just use a demi-permanent color if you want to go darker. It is much less harsh for your hair and will gradually fade out if you want a different color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IridescentDoll
« Reply #939 on: October 02, 2011 05:44:47 PM »

Today I bleached my hair ive done it before on several occasions so im not new to it.. But today for some reason my hair is breaking when dry and in huge clumps and when wet it is like a gooey mess that tears right out.. It wont hold hair dye it just washing right out. Its horrible does anyone know what I can use to strengthen my hair so I can try to get it back to my original color and it doesnt continue breaking?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want a man who will dance with me like Harry danced with Hermione and love me like Snape loved Lily <3

Most girls are waiting for their Prince Charming. I'm waiting for my Time Lord <3
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Cardamom Is Used in Indian Recipes
How to Make Tandoori Chicken Marinade
How Asafetida Is Used in Indian Recipes
What Are the Differences Between North and South Indian Food
How to Make Tandoori Chicken
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...