A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 299,135
Currently Running With Scissors:
653 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 96
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Questions About Hairstyles!  (Read 131561 times)
Tags for this thread: hairstyle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

brokenporcelaindoll
« Reply #920 on: September 04, 2010 04:39:17 PM »

Hmmm... how well would that work on naturally light blonde hair do you think?  My hair tends to react weirdly to hair treatments; I tried lightening it a tad more once and within 5 min it was almost translucent! 

I was thinking... might a covering of red henna for hair fix up my problems and get me closer to the colour I wanted?

*EDIT*
Also, damn, I just realised I look like a child in those pics.  I thought blonde hair was supposed to give the illusion of youth, not the other way around!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I finally have a wist!

http://www.wists.com/BunnyMaz
Barbarella

Necessity is the mother of invention.

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: September 05, 2010 05:49:12 AM »

well, i think that's the idea with this stuff, it doesn't effect your natural hair colour, it removes the dye molecules, so if it works your hair should be how it was before you started.
I'd be wary about using henna, i know in the instructions on most hair dyes it says you can't use them if you've previously coloured your hair with henna, so i assume it would work the other way too.

along similar lines as the henna idea though, i've used stargazer bright red dye to brighten up 'normal' red before, and that's worked for me.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010 05:51:31 AM by Barbarella » THIS ROCKS   Logged
LMAshton
Kitchen Witch

Canada -> Sri Lanka -> New Zealand -> Singapore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #922 on: September 11, 2010 06:07:08 AM »

You can definitely use a henna that's all henna and nothing but the henna before/after coloring or perming hair. You definitely DO NOT want to use a henna that has metallic salts added to it before/after coloring/perming hair. The metallic salts can make the hair turn funny colours, break, and even smoke.

If you're looking for henna that's all henna and nothing but the henna, look for henna that's body art quality. Other hennas may have something else added, and not necessarily disclosed on the label. After all, henna is grown in parts of the world where such disclosures are not required by law.

If you're looking for good info on hennaing hair, go to http://hennaforhair.com/ - that sites has boatloads of useful henna information, and henna - the good stuff - can be ordered from there as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lain_knights
« Reply #923 on: September 16, 2010 10:01:52 AM »

Hello everyone !

I'm currently trying to use as much as possible natural skin/hair products, thanks to this great forum and its recipes. But I still haven't found something for discolored hair.
I mean, I'm dark-haired naturally, but I discolore them chemically to turn them white every two months. I'm compelled to use a chemical blue shampoo to maintain this shade.
Does anyone has an idea to create a shampoo (ideally, a solid one) to replace the current I have got ?

Thanks for replying Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #924 on: September 16, 2010 10:14:38 AM »

Lush and Aveda have products like this, maybe one of the B&B goddesses can help you recreate them? (Aveda Blue Malva and Lush Daddy-o)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
Lain_knights
« Reply #925 on: September 16, 2010 10:16:58 AM »

Thanks for the tips, I'm gonna check it out now. Have a good evening !
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ragdoll193
« Reply #926 on: October 17, 2010 05:29:17 PM »

I know a lot of people have said that even bleaching their hair did not get special effect hair dye out. specifically atomic pink.

my question is: I have already dyed my hair with atomic pink and with some blue mayhem underneath. I lightened my hair to a very light brown before, afraid of damaging the hair and not being able to afford a professional bleaching.
so, if i bleach the hair AFTER havinbg dyed it with the special effects, will it just be brighter? or will I lose color?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
♥the military will not stop me from crafting♥
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #927 on: October 18, 2010 06:35:47 AM »

In my experience, you will still lighten the hair underneath the special effects, and leech some of the special effects out. So it will be lighter all in all.

I use the atomic pink on a regular basis, and the only way I have been able to get rid of it was to let it fade and put another colour over it, or bleach it out as much as possible, then put a permanent black over it....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ragdoll193
« Reply #928 on: October 18, 2010 04:19:22 PM »

ok, so in it's current stage, atomic pink over light brown... beaching it will make it less bright pink, but a lighter level as well?

I want bright hair. it doesn't look terrible currently, but it's less atomic, more... dark magenta
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
♥the military will not stop me from crafting♥
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #929 on: October 18, 2010 06:00:31 PM »

try a low volume bleaching then.... it will lighten the hair underneath as well as leech some of the pink. If you're more magenta right now, then it will pop more pink afterwards...but you might have to reapply the pink sooner since you are bleaching it....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Turn Color Photos Into Stunning Black and White Photos
Infrared Photography: How to Choose Filters
Photography Tips for Shooting a First Birthday Celebration
White Balance Photography and Post Production Tips
DSLR Cameras: Using the Live View Function
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...