A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 315,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
585 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 96
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Questions About Hairstyles!  (Read 165104 times)
Tags for this thread: hairstyle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lody
« Reply #810 on: May 16, 2009 01:58:47 PM »

First things first... if you're willing to try working with the curls, check out this forum: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/
I went from always having my hair dry in a ponytail (so the top would be smooth) to really pretty curls that people actually comment on in honestly like 2 weeks of following their ideas--and trust me, curly hair is far from "boring" and stands out.  I know you said you hate your curly hair, but I must say I hated mine a lot more when it looked bad xD  Plus, you can totally go curly with a punk color.  What would be fun would be something like http://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/5/6/8/9/9/3/MTS2_rosahege_773056_PunkStylePoster.jpg having bangs like this in the front and curly/wavy in the back.  Totally fun.
I guess this doesn't help with the exclusion because of style thing... but if you can make it work for oyu, I'll bet people won't stay away because of hair!

If you really do want to go straight, get a shorter haircut! Having to straighten it super often will damage it.  If it's shorter, it will grow out into new not-yet-damaged hair quicker, instead of you having totally dead ends.
But do you really want a haircut where you have to freak out every time it rains or you sweat because your hairdo will be ruined? Wouldn't be worth it to me...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like penguins, stars, rainbows and blue.
If your project has any of these, don't be surprised to see me post in it! Cheesy
mycatisnosferatu
« Reply #811 on: May 16, 2009 05:36:38 PM »

I've been coloring my hair for the last 6 months black.  I'm done with it and I want to go back now. 

Here is my advice as a professional stylist: You are going to have to strip the hair with bleach, that is the only way to remove black. I wish people would never color their hair black, because it is the most difficult thing for the hair when they decide they want their natural again... and can be the most damaging...

Great advice, I just want to add that it's a good plan to go in for a consultation with the salon you pick and get a price quote. This will prevent any surprises and give you an idea of how experienced the colorist is at color correction. Be prepared to get to know your colorist because it is a process.
If you experience color fading after going through the process, it's normal because your hair has gotten some damage but it will eventually even out. Don't be discouraged black hairs!

I went to a LOT of salons today......and got turned away from most of them, (the actually said they wouldn't do it!)  And some other places gave me outrageous prices. (I think it was their way of saying they didn't want to do it either)  Only one place so far seemed promising.  But I really didn't like it........  I don't know what I am going to do.  I know it's a lot of hard work and will take hours.  I also know that it's expensive, but damn.  I've had my hair stripped before, when I colored it purple, so I know what it takes.  The lady who did it then isn't around any more than that salon has closed since.

AAAAAHHHHAHAHAHAHAH!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LittleJoi
« Reply #812 on: May 16, 2009 06:12:06 PM »

Hey if you want straight hair maybe you should look into chemical relaxing. My friend is jewish and has super curly hair and she gets relaxers at a salon and it keeps it straight and she doesnt have to blow it out or flat iron nearly as much and she dies it black so its ok to have color but I dont think they will bleach hair if you want it relaxed. They have a special relaxer for white women that i've seen at target(im told its the same as black people hair relaxer but its got a white lady on the box, lol) and its like $5. Make sure if you do decide to go that route that you take super good care of your hair because if you dont you'll get alot of breakage.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: Sweet crafty goodness from me to you http://www.deliciousstitches.blogspot.com/
sugarglass
currently trying to change me

Join the dark side; we have cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: May 16, 2009 06:28:17 PM »

First things first... if you're willing to try working with the curls, check out this forum: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/
I went from always having my hair dry in a ponytail (so the top would be smooth) to really pretty curls that people actually comment on in honestly like 2 weeks of following their ideas--and trust me, curly hair is far from "boring" and stands out.  I know you said you hate your curly hair, but I must say I hated mine a lot more when it looked bad xD  Plus, you can totally go curly with a punk color.  What would be fun would be something like http://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/5/6/8/9/9/3/MTS2_rosahege_773056_PunkStylePoster.jpg having bangs like this in the front and curly/wavy in the back.  Totally fun.
I guess this doesn't help with the exclusion because of style thing... but if you can make it work for oyu, I'll bet people won't stay away because of hair!

If you really do want to go straight, get a shorter haircut! Having to straighten it super often will damage it.  If it's shorter, it will grow out into new not-yet-damaged hair quicker, instead of you having totally dead ends.
But do you really want a haircut where you have to freak out every time it rains or you sweat because your hairdo will be ruined? Wouldn't be worth it to me...
i don't want to have to straighten it.... do you have any other suggestions
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists
i'm not the same anymore, and frankly, i'm beginning to hate myself
sugarglass

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: May 16, 2009 06:35:25 PM »

Hey if you want straight hair maybe you should look into chemical relaxing. My friend is jewish and has super curly hair and she gets relaxers at a salon and it keeps it straight and she doesnt have to blow it out or flat iron nearly as much and she dies it black so its ok to have color but I dont think they will bleach hair if you want it relaxed. They have a special relaxer for white women that i've seen at target(im told its the same as black people hair relaxer but its got a white lady on the box, lol) and its like $5. Make sure if you do decide to go that route that you take super good care of your hair because if you dont you'll get alot of breakage.
i don't want it like that i want it natural
thx for trying tho.
know you said you hate your curly hair, but I must say I hated mine a lot more when it looked bad xD  Plus, you can totally go curly with a punk color.  What would be fun would be something like http://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/5/6/8/9/9/3/MTS2_rosahege_773056_PunkStylePoster.jpg
i don't think i'm allowed to do that... also i got side bangs once and ut went kinda like this
http://images1.fanpop.com/images/polls/91025_1214209830309_100.jpg
so i am so confused..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists
Molly.Connelly
« Reply #815 on: May 16, 2009 09:18:32 PM »

there's no way to make your hair naturally straight except to cut it super duper short like mine.
I have very wavy hair and the only way I can get it not be wavy is having a pixie cut and I STILL have to straighten my bangs every day. the side bangs are a very essential part of that hair style. it's like saying I want a mohawk but I don't want it to be spiky. like what was already said there are plenty of ways to make your curly hair healthier and prettier. I used to have pretty wavy hair but got tired of all the work that goes into it (thus why I cut it all off) if cutting it isn't an option for you than maybe you should try scrunching your hair. go get your hair wet, take a clump in your hands and then scrunch your hair in your hands, maybe use some mousse (but not too much or your hair will be hard) I recommend this stuff called Sammy it's in a yellow bottle and they sell it at Rite Aids and such. thinning will work wonders too bc my sister has uber thick hair..like more than enough hair for two people and she gets hers thinned.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Molly.Connelly
« Reply #816 on: May 16, 2009 09:25:18 PM »

I went to a LOT of salons today......and got turned away from most of them, (the actually said they wouldn't do it!)  And some other places gave me outrageous prices. (I think it was their way of saying they didn't want to do it either)  Only one place so far seemed promising.  But I really didn't like it........  I don't know what I am going to do.  I know it's a lot of hard work and will take hours.  I also know that it's expensive, but damn.  I've had my hair stripped before, when I colored it purple, so I know what it takes.  The lady who did it then isn't around any more than that salon has closed since.

AAAAAHHHHAHAHAHAHAH!

my suggestion would be to do it one step at a time. ask the salons if they will be willing to do this in a slower process come in bleach it out a bit a few days later come back. and maybe they'll give you a discount for being a loyal and repeat customer. now you'll know better than to dye your hair black lol. I learned the same lesson..I'm still trying to lighten it from back when I had it dark brown. orr you can do what I did and use dye with bleach already in it and slowly go lighter with your hair color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugarglass

View Profile
« Reply #817 on: May 16, 2009 11:15:40 PM »

there's no way to make your hair naturally straight except to cut it super duper short like mine.
I have very wavy hair and the only way I can get it not be wavy is having a pixie cut and I STILL have to straighten my bangs every day. the side bangs are a very essential part of that hair style. it's like saying I want a mohawk but I don't want it to be spiky. like what was already said there are plenty of ways to make your curly hair healthier and prettier. I used to have pretty wavy hair but got tired of all the work that goes into it (thus why I cut it all off) if cutting it isn't an option for you than maybe you should try scrunching your hair. go get your hair wet, take a clump in your hands and then scrunch your hair in your hands, maybe use some mousse (but not too much or your hair will be hard) I recommend this stuff called Sammy it's in a yellow bottle and they sell it at Rite Aids and such. thinning will work wonders too bc my sister has uber thick hair..like more than enough hair for two people and she gets hers thinned.
i can cut it i just want something that looks good with my hair
i want something that will stand out a bit but not be "hey look at me" kind of thing, if i wanted that i could tie a traffic cone to my head.. i still really love this:
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c346/SEXpaintt/Girls/206.jpg
http://www.amphigory.com/Img_0835.jpg
so i am sooooooooooooo confused..
EDIT: i was looking at the second one.. and it looks really thick and fluffy.. just like mine! i just need mine to de curl itself.. i was asking Him^ during the shower.. I mean i've asked Him before and He helped and strangely this would really really really help my friendship problem.. i explained it very thoroughly so He should understand.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009 11:19:55 PM by luvelycritter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #818 on: May 17, 2009 12:56:01 AM »

luvleycritter: almost all straight styles involve some sort of effort and heat to make them presentable

--my sister has pin straight hair, but she still has to straighten it to get the bang right so she mostly wears it down with a poofy bit on the top
--my best friend has semi straight but thick hair and the only thing that works to keep it straight is a straighter (and she is a hairstylist by trade, if there was an easier way, she would do it) she wears is pretty similiar to the pictures you showed, in the bangs (the back is always longer and more uniform though)....well she did, she wears a wig for now
--i have very thick, naturally wavy hair, and while i can curl it, sometimes straightening doesnt work...so i cant wear scene hair at all, i have a new cut that has the bangs you want but the back is longer and layered..i still have to straighten it or it just looks sloppy
--my brother has *long* CURRRRRLY haif, and refuses to do anything cos he doesnt like products or tools either, and there arent many options for people with those restrictions

for the type of hair you have, i would make the curls more defined with a mouse or creme and wear it down with longer bangs to the side

if you dont want curls, you will need to straighten it as far as i know (i will ask my friend when she wakes up, she knows more about the different hairs obviously, i only know what applies to the ones i listed)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
Silvana

Leaving the world more beautiful than I found it.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #819 on: May 17, 2009 05:00:57 AM »

luvelycritter
Ok so here is my advice.  I have [had at your age] hair EXACTLY like yours.  Long super thick and wavy/curly. It would get the crazy ringletty curls under and then the softer wrinkly waves on top.  I used to have it nearly down to my butt my whole life.
When I was about 19 I chopped it all off.
I got a short bob kinda cut with layers and bangs.
The waves seemed to even themselves out, when the hair was all similar in length.  The reason you are getting the multi texture hair is that the hairs growing from the back/bottom of your head are shorter and thus less heavy than the hairs growing from your crown.
This is how it looked right before the big chop

This is how my hair looked right after cutting it.

Some days were curlier than others

but I didn't do much to it I washed it and conditioned with curl enhancing shampoos but nothing too pricey.  I washed it at night though so that the wave dried without any weight on it.

The biggest issue you are dealing with right now is not your hair.  It is your self love.
If people don't like you cause you don't have some trendy, straight and in the long one not that flattering hair style than those people are losers.  Not you.  Never try to look a certain way just to make friends.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009 05:20:59 AM by Silvana » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 96 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Rice Cracker Crusted Tuna Appetizer Recipe
How to Make Miso Soup
How to Make a Diet Oriental Salad Dressing
How to Make Chicken Curry
Choi Sum Sweet Corn Soup
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...
Flower Power!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...