A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
524 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 96
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Questions About Hairstyles!  (Read 124035 times)
Tags for this thread: hairstyle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #730 on: October 16, 2008 08:52:24 PM »

super easy DIY updo that saves tons on times and money; has always been a hit when I wore it, or did it to anyone else's head:
pull hair back into ponytail. Take small sections of ponytail and twist, twist, twist until they are tight and curly back in on themselves. Pin to head. Repeat until all hair is up. It ends up looking very intricate, since some of the twists will twine themselves together and around each other... All you need is a hair elastic, pins, gel and hairspray...using little butterfly clips to hold the twists, or rhinestone clips looks really nice too.

Another that got a lot of compliments at prom:
Take top half of hair and pull into half ponytail; pin out of the way. Take bottom half of hair and pull into slightly lower (but lined with first) ponytail. Twist lower ponytail in on itself and fasten between two ponytails. Take upper ponytail and twist in on itself and around lower twist; fasten between two ponytails.

But with your fab hair, hoenstly, I'd say set it overnight in large curlers with some setting lotion, add tons of volume and let it flow like a 40s movie vixen. Tres chic!
think jessica rabbit! or these pics:
http://www.geocities.com/simplystephanieuk2/rorring.jpg
http://hairstyles.nexxus.com/images/hair-back-loosecurls.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged
deepfriedkids

I Missed the Bus.

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 16, 2008 09:16:05 PM »

Thank you for your suggestions, jezebel!
I all your ideas, especially the big curls, though I have never tried it,  so maybe I will tonight. I do not however, own any rollers! Maybe getting my hair wet and twisting it up in several medium sized buns and letting it dry might do something to that effect after I take them out? I don't know...hmm.  I did find a few YouTube tutorials on formal hair, so I guess I have a lot of experimenting to do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Much too dumb for school and much too lazy for a job.
robynsteiner
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I heart SLB...He's dreamy!

Fo Shizzle, yo...

« Reply #732 on: October 16, 2008 09:20:32 PM »

Tonight on The Daily 10 on  E!, Kim Vo showed a really cute & simple style with a low bun in back. It was based on Audrina Patridge's updo...I couldn't find a link, but maybe you can see a rerun!  It was pretty easy - just back comb the top and side sections a bit and spray, then sweep into a low ponytail. Coil the hair around itself and pin. It was super cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

L: "Don't leave your dirty package on the table."
C: "If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that..."

I WIST I had all these super cool things!

See you in the clouds, sweet little Jackson.
deepfriedkids

I Missed the Bus.

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 16, 2008 09:29:19 PM »

Tonight on The Daily 10 on  E!, Kim Vo showed a really cute & simple style with a low bun in back. It was based on Audrina Patridge's updo...I couldn't find a link, but maybe you can see a rerun!  It was pretty easy - just back comb the top and side sections a bit and spray, then sweep into a low ponytail. Coil the hair around itself and pin. It was super cute!
Thank you for the suggestion! I am definatley going to be watching E! a whole lot more today and tomorrow, maybe they will play it again Wink Definatley trying this hairstyle tonight, too! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

robynsteiner
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I heart SLB...He's dreamy!

Fo Shizzle, yo...

« Reply #734 on: October 16, 2008 09:37:16 PM »

Thank you for the suggestion! I am definatley going to be watching E! a whole lot more today and tomorrow, maybe they will play it again Wink Definatley trying this hairstyle tonight, too! Smiley

It really was cute and it only took him like 5 minutes to do. Definitely my kind of style!! Hopefully they will post the episode online so you can see it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

L: "Don't leave your dirty package on the table."
C: "If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that..."

I WIST I had all these super cool things!

See you in the clouds, sweet little Jackson.
deepfriedkids

I Missed the Bus.

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: October 16, 2008 09:55:55 PM »

It really was cute and it only took him like 5 minutes to do. Definitely my kind of style!! Hopefully they will post the episode online so you can see it...

Hopefully! I just looked on Youtube, but it doesn't seem to be on there yet, However, reading this a second time I think I understand how to do it better! I am going to try doing it again! It sounds super cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #736 on: October 17, 2008 05:23:04 AM »

deepfriedkids - look for tuts on pincurls. That's they way they used to do them before hot rollers became a household accessory in the 50s.
It's quite effective....and large rolls of fabric stuffed do it well too...you should be able to find lots of info on fabric curlers here on craftster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wakeupdonnie
« Reply #737 on: November 10, 2008 08:38:32 AM »

Hey guysss! I have a question..
I now have dark brown hair, and I was thinking of dyeing it with some unnatural color.. I don't want it to be bright necessarily, I just want a tint.
What color would be best for this?
I have; Red, purple, turquoise, blue (light and dark), pink, lime green.

I think I'm leaning toward red, but blue sounds cool too... Iddkkk. I figure green won't look good as just a tint but I'm not sureee.. any examples?

Thanks Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #738 on: November 10, 2008 11:45:12 AM »

I'd say red is prob your best bet.
You're right on green not being a good idea...I have dark brown hair, and have done this...it looks like someone shat on your hair...light blue and turquoise prob won't show...pink looks neat too...as well as purple...if you mix your dark blue and red or pink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rosiegarden
« Reply #739 on: November 23, 2008 05:12:31 AM »

Does anyone have any idea what I can do about my poor hair?
A month ago I got it highlighted at the hairdressers. It was black and it went brown with goldy bits. It was nice and everyone said it suited me, but I didn't like it.
I coped with it for a month though, and a few days ago I box-dyed it a colour that I thought was brown with a reddish tint, but it actually came out dark red with light red bits (I assume where the lightest blonde was before).
It's bearable, but it's just not me. I was thinking about putting a semi-permanent box of light/medium brown on it, does anyone think that'll work? My natural colour is a dark/medium brown and I really don't want it to go black again.

This is the blonde-ish:

This is the red:
I know they're not the best photos...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I wonder what Piglet is doing," thought Pooh,
"I wish I were there to be doing it, too."

Wists

My bookshop - Opening sale, 10% off!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 96 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Apply Blush For Your Face Shape
Pumpkin Palooza: Hottest Beauty Products For Fall
Tips For Lasting Makeup and Fall Hair Colors
Transition Your Skin Care Into Fall in a Few Easy Steps
Step-by-Step Updo For Medium-Length Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...