A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
636 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 96
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Questions About Hairstyles!  (Read 121861 times)
Tags for this thread: hairstyle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dmbgirl41
« Reply #720 on: September 15, 2008 05:39:03 PM »

While scrolling thru recent with pics, I saw your new hairstyle, and I was like, oh! that's awesome (contemplating what to do with my growing-out, "reverse mullet" lol... you know, that Victoria Beckham 'do) I went to bookmark it, and I realized, hey! Thats the girl I was PMing last week about politic-free crafting Roll Eyes. You're mighty awesome & I dig your new hair. I think it might work for my style, I loved, but now not so much. Peace, Love & Politic-free crafting (& great hair)  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~Sweet you Rock & Sweet You Roll~*
MinorPunk56
Jailbait Rock n' Roll

Crafting is in my blood! Just not in my geneology.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #721 on: September 16, 2008 08:12:35 PM »

love the look donnie!

ETA: I was watching John and Kate plus 8...her hair seems similar to this...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008 08:37:52 AM by MinorPunk56 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

(To The Tune of "The Llama Song")Here's a needle, there's a needle, and some yarn between the needles, cast on, knit, purl, always knitting, knitty, knitty, purl.

Proud new owner of a Baby Lock 400!  Any advice for the newbie? PM
kaii
« Reply #722 on: September 17, 2008 10:49:54 AM »

Is it quite hard to cut a pixie from a bob?

Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Foisty
« Reply #723 on: September 23, 2008 04:08:41 PM »

No a bob has sufficient hair for a pixie Grin
Now my question-I need a haircut and like the person above me I want a pixie cut.But I have a thick wavy mane and my hairs are coarse and Im scared that if I cut it the way I want Ill end up with helmet head.Anybody have any advice? Suggestions?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008 05:01:49 PM by Foisty » THIS ROCKS   Logged
wakeupdonnie
« Reply #724 on: September 23, 2008 07:23:42 PM »

love the look donnie!

ETA: I was watching John and Kate plus 8...her hair seems similar to this...
Lmao! I watched that show like the day after I got it cut, and I noticed that too lol Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MinorPunk56
Jailbait Rock n' Roll

Crafting is in my blood! Just not in my geneology.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #725 on: September 24, 2008 09:59:58 AM »

haha
i was watching something else too, and saw that hair cut and was like, "ZOMG, its everywhere!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(To The Tune of "The Llama Song")Here's a needle, there's a needle, and some yarn between the needles, cast on, knit, purl, always knitting, knitty, knitty, purl.

Proud new owner of a Baby Lock 400!  Any advice for the newbie? PM
The Muffin
« Reply #726 on: September 29, 2008 06:22:53 PM »

Okay, so I have long (middle of my back), wavy hair. I can get it styled sort of curly (professional hair dressers have more luck with this then I do) or straighten it. If I don't do anything with it, it just kinds of poofs out towards the bottom. I have layers, but they've grown out a bit. The shortest is about three inches below my shoulders.

I want to do something different with it. I don't like to spend too much time styling it, and since I wash it at night, I need a style I can sleep on.

I'm thinking I want something about shoulder length, long enough that I can put it in short braids/pig tails or a ponytail.

My hair itself is pretty fine, but I have a ton of it. I kind of have a long, oval face, and almond-y eyes.

I've been looking on tons of hair websites, but I just can't find anything that i like and could actually manage.

Advice? I feel like it's making me look too hippyish. I want something a little more unique and interesting, without being too out there... I'm also horribly attached to having long hair, so I don't want something super short.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
VirgoWolf
Crafty Queen of Critters

Lets swap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #727 on: October 07, 2008 07:00:43 PM »

OK, I've got a while, I'm way ahead of myself here LOL, but I like to research as much as possible so I might as well start now.

I've been planning on doing something really different with my hair, but I kept putting it off because I had better things to do with the money, but now I'm pregnant, so I'm stuck all blah brown for now and I don't want to cut it untill after winter's over because I will fleeze LOL... BUT, once baby's born and I have a chance to heal and everything, I want to have a pamper myself session to get over the fat nasty bloody messy stages LOL.

These pics are from early July, but not much has changed with my hair, maybe a smidge longer, but that's beside the point.

and this is how it looked last time I got it chopped (I took off over 18", it was about a year ago probably, it grows back uber fast LOL)

I think I kinda want it like that again, but maybe with a couple longer bits in the front and I want to go shorter in the back, something similar to this...

(but I'm very open to other suggestions, you girls are amazing!)

I was thinking of keeping my natural color and adding black and purple to it, most likely black chunky lowlights and most of one side purple, but I duno... Any ideas?

Also, my hair is EXTREEMLY THICK and virtually untouched. I did play around a bit with color years ago (blonde highlights, all blonde, blonder with platinum highlights, then black with red highlights that washed out uber fast) but haven't touched any dye in at least 5 years. I don't use products, I don't blow dry, nothing. I just let it dry, brush it, leave it, or throw it up in a scrunchie or clip. I don't think I'll be any more apt to spend more time styling when I have a newborn either, so I'd like a style that's easy to maintain and a good quality color that's long lasting. (money is always tight these days, I'd prefer not to have to buy dye every 2 weeks, which is why I've given up on the idea of red or blue)

What is the most long lasting dye? What's my best bet for bleaching without damaging? I'm new to all of this since I've always just used cheap department store dyes or salons.

THANKS!!!! Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008 09:00:24 AM by VirgoWolf » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Krystal
PERSONAL SWAPS WELCOME!

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/virgowolf
Wists: http://www.wists.com/VirgoWolf
Feel__The__Pressure
« Reply #728 on: October 15, 2008 07:56:32 PM »

I've been "growing out my hair" for quiet a long time now. And everytime I get it down past my shoulders, I chop it off because I just don't have the patience. I find some funky short haircut I want, and I go for it and totally forget about growing out my hair. Then, after 6 months, I get bored, try an even shorter hair cut, which never comes out right, I end up hating it, and then I'm so upset that I let myself get it cut. And I'm about to fall into that cycle again, I'm right above my shoulders and I'm aching for a haircut. It's like an addiction.

I like to do funky, crazy stuff with my hair, and dying it definitely keeps me busy for at least a couple of months. I want to go some crazy color, but everyone keeps telling me not to, that they love my blonde hair (the only reason why it got to my natural haircolor is because I keep chopping it off.) I personally like my hair darker, I think it suits me better.

my hair looks something like this (that's the goal anyway) only a little bit shorter and with bangs:

I've done red a couple of times, blue, and I've had purple. I was thinking of going all out pink, but I think somebody might shoot me. I have pink, purple, and 2 types of blue in my room (all punky colors), but I was going to buy some manic panic in orange, yellow and red as well (going for a Hayley Williams look, possibly.)

suggestiongs?

or suggestions, whichever you prefer.

OH, I also dyed a streal of my hair with punky colours in violet about a month ago, I left it in for a couple of hours and it came out blue, not even a little bit purple. I'm not sure why. If you might, that would also be useful.

so there's my four paragraph essay about my hair which I wrote while procrastinating on the essay I'm actually supposed to be writing for school right now.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008 10:06:54 PM by Feel__The__Pressure » THIS ROCKS   Logged
deepfriedkids

I Missed the Bus.

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 16, 2008 08:30:43 PM »

I am going to the Navy ball on Saturday and I was wondering if anybody knew a simple hairstyle i could do for long, layered hair. I don't really have the time or money to go to the salon, so suggestions would be much appreciated!

This is a much more recent picture, circa 5 minutes ago! Ignore the blurry webcam effect, if possible Tongue

The dress I am wearing has an intricate back to it, so maybe an updo?
Either way!!
Thanks Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008 09:53:41 PM by deepfriedkids » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Much too dumb for school and much too lazy for a job.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 96 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Polaroid Image in Photoshop Cs3 Cs4
How to Make an Animated Myspace Banner in Photoshop Cs3 Cs4
How to Put a Picture in a Gadget Effect in Photoshop Cs3 Cs4
How to Make a Professional Business Card in Photoshop Cs3 Cs4
How to Remove Acne Spots in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...