A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 301,599
Currently Running With Scissors:
636 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 96
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Questions About Hairstyles!  (Read 135210 times)
Tags for this thread: hairstyle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

timarie
« Reply #630 on: May 08, 2008 07:43:49 AM »

I've always loved this cut and I'm so tempted to go for it but I too am at a growing out stage. maybe it's something you can draw ideas off of?

http://bosshairstyles.com/images/hairstyle-pictures/alternative/lg/02.jpg

Also, love these. . .
http://bosshairstyles.com/images/hairstyle-pictures/alternative/lg/26.jpg

http://bosshairstyles.com/images/hairstyle-pictures/alternative/lg/58.jpg
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008 09:07:49 AM by jMi - Reason: Please do not hotlink images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pink zebra
« Reply #631 on: May 08, 2008 03:26:57 PM »

Does anyone have any suggestions for someone who has black (unable hold its shape type) of asian hair who wants to temperately dye it to red? I dont want to bleach it so some kind of gel might work and i need it for 3 days at least but able to wash it right off with some normal shampoo when i get home. I dont really like the idea of gels because it leaves it stiff somewhat and the kind i used to use if i am hit with a little water or rain it just starts to wash off a bit prematurely. Any1 have  a product or ideas on what to do?

i'm afraid the thing you're looking for doesn't exist.
one thing is to cover your hair with gel or other colored stuff, but they all feel gross, don't look really good and feel rather artifical and often uncomfortable. depending on what exactly you're planning to do you might want to consider a spray instead of gel. it feels not as stiff, and depending on what you use it wouldnt come off wit a little sweat or rain, but it rubs off on anything your hair touches (clothes, pillows, cheap brands also in your skin) and it feels (and looks) quite dry, whereas gel makes your hair stiff when it's dried and comes of when it's wet, and you will need a lot of gel in order not to have your dark hair shine through.
semi_permanent color wont show on black hair, you'd have to bleach it a little bit at least, or a little more for more vibrant results.
i'd opt for a chap wig here. those can be really fun, and you wont damage your hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kanhoro

Xander of Wolven-Knit~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #632 on: May 08, 2008 04:49:24 PM »

Does anyone have any suggestions for someone who has black (unable hold its shape type) of asian hair who wants to temperately dye it to red? I dont want to bleach it so some kind of gel might work and i need it for 3 days at least but able to wash it right off with some normal shampoo when i get home. I dont really like the idea of gels because it leaves it stiff somewhat and the kind i used to use if i am hit with a little water or rain it just starts to wash off a bit prematurely. Any1 have  a product or ideas on what to do?

i'm afraid the thing you're looking for doesn't exist.
one thing is to cover your hair with gel or other colored stuff, but they all feel gross, don't look really good and feel rather artifical and often uncomfortable. depending on what exactly you're planning to do you might want to consider a spray instead of gel. it feels not as stiff, and depending on what you use it wouldnt come off wit a little sweat or rain, but it rubs off on anything your hair touches (clothes, pillows, cheap brands also in your skin) and it feels (and looks) quite dry, whereas gel makes your hair stiff when it's dried and comes of when it's wet, and you will need a lot of gel in order not to have your dark hair shine through.
semi_permanent color wont show on black hair, you'd have to bleach it a little bit at least, or a little more for more vibrant results.
i'd opt for a chap wig here. those can be really fun, and you wont damage your hair.
yea i also considered these things, i might just end up getting a wig in the end... what about these from manic panic.
http://www.manicpanic.com/dhgels.html
Dyehard Temp Hair Color Styling Gels

i might have to buy alot if i do... youre right wig might be better, wigs are tough for me~
someone on craftster or somewhere should invent semi permentant hair dye that can be washed nicly off with a special shampoo or such(so normal water wont just bleed everywhere) and just covers the hair enough to not show the colors underneath XD  Tongue
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008 04:51:53 PM by Kanhoro » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mslabelle
Corgis are the sweetest!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #633 on: May 10, 2008 10:05:16 PM »

Help! My hair is trying to make me look old.  I have black hair which I'm currently trying to grow long. I have these little white/silver hairs that are cropping up all around the hairline and part. I've been covering them with some natural dye from Whole Foods. I'm getting really bored with my hair but don't want to cut it. Any suggestions for a new and cuter way to hide those little menaces? Please?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I reject your reality and substitute my own.  --Adam Savage
Jeane
« Reply #634 on: May 10, 2008 10:37:01 PM »

PLEASE. I NEED IDEAS. I am so indescribably bored with my hair right now. I'm trying to grow it out (although I forgot the original reason for this, I'm afraid if I cut it again I'll regret it, as this is seriously the longest it's been in...oh....almost a year) and I'm fighting urges to cut it again. but if I cut it short I want it to be something really effin awesome/original. I'm seriously contemplating just saying "screw it" and going back to a mohawk, but I'm afraid I might regret it (SO hard to grow out once you get tired of it). But as is, I just don't know what to do with my hair right now...I think I might change the colors and see if that helps. Blue is great, but I'm feeling some brighter colors for summer. Apologies in advance for the crappy, taken in 30 seconds pictures.

I just checked the www.sassoon.com and I have to say that the chicky with bright red hair is stunning. I think this cut would look good on you and the color would be awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to get together with others in the area and have a day of crafting while emptying that "extra" (is there such a thing?) supplies! If interested PM me!!
Diana dOr
« Reply #635 on: May 12, 2008 12:39:16 PM »

Help! My hair is trying to make me look old.  I have black hair which I'm currently trying to grow long. I have these little white/silver hairs that are cropping up all around the hairline and part. I've been covering them with some natural dye from Whole Foods. I'm getting really bored with my hair but don't want to cut it. Any suggestions for a new and cuter way to hide those little menaces? Please?

Just the suggestion that the lighter you go the less noticeable grays are. I know going from black to blonde isn't for everyone but I find even women naturally quite dark can find a light colour that suits their colouring. Also a change is style helps the growing process. Layers or bangs to help break the monotny.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Knitting is a boon for those of us who are easily bored.  I take my knitting everywhere to take the edge off of moments that would otherwise drive me stark raving mad"
scarlettxfoxx
« Reply #636 on: May 14, 2008 10:33:17 PM »

this may not be the right spot to ask this but I want to dye my hair and I was wondering how do you blend colors together?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008 06:34:25 AM by sweets4ever - Reason: Moved from "Show Off Your Hair" thread. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Numi
Lazy Megalomaniac

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 15, 2008 06:23:06 AM »

this may not be the right spot to ask this but I want to dye my hair and I was wondering how do you blend colors together?

Depends, really on what sort of blend/look you're going for. You can section your hair in thin parts and dye each section a different shade such that when the hair lays flat the natural movement of your hair will blend the colors. (example: at one point had pink, blue, and purple on my long bangs. if I parted my hair to one side it would be all pink, and if I parted it the other way all the colors would show up and each blended perfectly. The trick was forming a triangle shape, then dividing that triangle in three parts diagonally). play with your sectioning before dying and plan where to put each color.

Or, if you were looking for more of an "ombre" effect (for lack of a better word) I would dye it in steps, literally going from lightest to darkest shade. Dye once all over (or where you want it) with the lightest, then dye again with the next shade placed wherever you desire, etc. etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[...]
scarlettxfoxx
« Reply #638 on: May 15, 2008 07:24:54 PM »

thanks Smiley that really helps
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #639 on: May 16, 2008 05:19:27 AM »

my bangs were pink/blue/purple as well, but in a different effect.

I applied the pink at the roots, and just over halfway down my hair, then the blue to the tips, and blended in the middle for kind of a "dip-dyed" look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 96 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cara Delevingne And Rita Ora To Design Fashion Line Together
Top Swimsuit Trends For Summer
Is Olivia Palermo Going Back to Reality TV?
Make a Splash With 3 Gorgeous Poolside Outfits
Running in Style This Summer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...