A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
547 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 96
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Questions About Hairstyles!  (Read 125960 times)
Tags for this thread: hairstyle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sk8grll

I love my mini tea set!

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 16, 2007 08:12:33 AM »

I have been dyeing my hair black since August. First I used semi-permanent and that faded so I dyed again with the semi permanent. Then I splurged and got the permanent stuff since I liked the way the black looked. But the permanent seemed to wash out just as fast as the semi-permanent stuff did!  I can't tell you the exact stuff I used but it was "Wella" brand if anyone recognises that

sk8grr, how often (no. of times) have you dyed your hair since august?  Theres only so much that your hair can take! I dyed my hair 6 times in 4 or 5 months a few years back (all permanent or semi's, all different colours) and after a while my hair just wouldn't take any more colour, it did what yours is doing and it just washes out!
Give your hair a break for a while, maybe just put rinses through it for a bit until your hair has a chance to recover.

well, I dyed it once, and it faded in about two weeks. then I bought the permanent and it faded within one week :/ idk, I really want to have black hair :/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace

Hi! I'm Kinnat Cheesy
I love making jewlery and purses.
I also love drawing people in powerpuff girl style Cheesy

I just started learning to sew and have made a couple of jumpers Cheesy
I also am learning to crochet at school and hope to finish making a scarf
pranita
« Reply #521 on: October 23, 2007 01:28:12 AM »

hi all. my hair's kinda straight at the crown and gets curly at the ends. it was all one length but i got it cut in layers about 2 weeks back. so it's longer at the back (mid back length?). it's black. i'm thinking of trying out schwarzkopf igora royal rhapsody. well maybe a subdued version of it with highlights of reds and violets. but apparently all my hair has to be coloured brown first according to the colorist i met.

this is the first time i'll be getting highlights done (if i'm brave enough to do so and depending on your advice so i thought i'd get it done by someone else)

but what's making me hesitate is that i feel that highlights seem to look much better on straight hair- i'm worried the colours won't look as good  on my head.

and i'm not sure if brown will suit my skin colour.

well, thanks in advance for any help!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
cheera
Weenie-mobile!

OHNOEZ!

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 23, 2007 01:53:01 AM »

Personally I think highlights look absolutely amazing on the kind of hair texture you have. I'm wondering why your stylist wants to color it brown? That sounds unnecessary.

Actually she might be trying to sucker money out of you. :\ Sounds kind of bad but it happens. Upselling is pretty common. The problem with her coloring your entire head is that you'll end up with dark roots, and you'll have to go back every few months for a retouch, as opposed to typical 3 x's a year highlights. Reds/violets on a black base look amazing.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007 01:57:11 AM by cheera » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.bunny-squids.blogspot.com I am terrible at blogging!
reenreen

crafting by request

View Profile WWW
« Reply #523 on: October 23, 2007 02:45:33 AM »

how strange...my hairdresser told me to die my hair back to the natural colour with a risnse before she put my highlights in *shrugs* the money mooching thing does happen, besides haveing to go back constantly for touch ups sucks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

she rambles oddly
http://pixelhazard.com
miss catbread

there's a party in my tummy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #524 on: October 23, 2007 04:20:40 AM »

i have curly hair just like you...and i have always had some sort of highlight in my hair [right now i have pink] and i think it looks better in my curly hair...enhances the curl. why would you need to color it brown though...its near impossible to get dye out of hair so it makes no sense that if you are going to lighten [highlight it] that you would put a barrier layer of color on it [the brown]. i always have an easier time when im dyeing over natural hair rather than dyed hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pranita
« Reply #525 on: October 23, 2007 05:29:50 AM »

cheera and miss catbread: the only reason she gave for the brown is that she said it would show the highlights better! Weird isn't it? even i hadn't heard something like that before. From my point of view it would make sense if i was going for some really light colour highlights. but with red? violet?

and you have a point reenreen- i don't really like the idea of going back for touch ups! hmmm. I've seen brown dye (on some other heads!) fade to a horrible pale shade and i don't want that happening to me.

one of these days i'll go see if i can get those kind of colours from the beauty supply store.

thanks guys, appreciate it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 23, 2007 05:31:21 AM »

No sense in putting your hair through all that extra processing if it's not something you really want anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
noushi

interested in doing personal swaps

« Reply #527 on: October 31, 2007 10:30:55 AM »

I was wondering, (someone might have said this but i don't want to read allllll 54 pages  Grin) how damaging are weave in hair extensions to your hair, I really want one, and my sister had one, but everyone is saying they're really bad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LilMissPink
« Reply #528 on: October 31, 2007 06:23:20 PM »

theyre only damaging if the person who does it doesnt know what theyre doing... or if the braids are too tight. it might hurt if youre tender headed but it shouldnt hurt a day or two afterwards. theyre a LOT less damaging than any type of glue in extensions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everybody likes pink. People who think otherwise are in denial.
noushi

interested in doing personal swaps

« Reply #529 on: November 01, 2007 08:30:32 AM »

thanx, I think I found a place that a friend went to and she said that it didn't hurt to bad,
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 96 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Plaited Bridesmaid Hairstyle Tutorial
Summer Travel Tips For Natural Hair
Rock a Gorgeous Updo for Short Hair
3 Super Easy Braid Styles
How to Get Long-Lasting Hair Volume
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...