A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,051
Currently Running With Scissors:
447 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 96
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Questions About Hairstyles!  (Read 127363 times)
Tags for this thread: hairstyle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

milkweed*
Once...there was this kid who...

easy peasy pumkin peasy pumkin pie motherf*ckers

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 13, 2007 12:44:48 PM »

thanks for the help LuvCrochet Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Oh, look at him!" "He's checking out his hair!" "Get off our bus you filthy man." *knock* "'Ello Baybee!"

http://myspace.com/gwuncey
"A TRUE friend stabs you in the front"
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 13, 2007 10:21:57 PM »

Okay, so I'm going to Europe for vacation and I have a couple question on hairstyles.

1. What is the comfiest hairstyle to wear on the plane? Nothing with a ponytail or accessories on the back of your head. Cheesy

2. What are some fast and easy hairstyles, yet still pretty that I can do? What hairstyles do you do now?  I wouldn't recommend trying anything new, if you're going for fast styles.

3. What hair accessories would you recommend I bring? Whatever you usually wear/use!

4. Should I bring my own shampoo, condish, and body wash in case the hotel's irritates me?  YES.  You'll be in lots of photos, I'm sure.  Would you really want to risk a bad hair day due to products you aren't used to?

Thanks! You're ever so helpful!

Okay, so I'm going to Europe for vacation and I have a couple question on hairstyles.

1. What is the comfiest hairstyle to wear on the plane?

2. What are some fast and easy hairstyles, yet still pretty that I can do?

3. What hair accessories would you recommend I bring?

4. Should I bring my own shampoo, condish, and body wash in case the hotel's irritates me?

I just came back from a 2 week european trip in April. Bring hair elastics, lots and lots because you will lose a few. Bring a soft head band so that when you sleep on the plane or on the train your hair will stay out of your mouth. Bring a hat on those days that a bad hair day can't be avoided. I love those chinese hair sticks because it makes for a very put together style without a ton of effort.
If you love your products bring them with you. But pack them in extra plastic so they don't expode and ruin your suitcase and everything inside. If you are only bringing a carry on bag (like I did  because it makes travel from country to country much much easier) remember no bottles over 2 oz and only as many as you can fit into a sendwich size ziplock.

For the plane, a low ponytail or even better loose pigtails will keep your hair tame and off your face. Another trick is to tie a bandana around your head so that you don't get an attack of the frizzies from yucky airplane air.

Good idea about the hairband!

I also have to wake up at three (Shocked!) to go to the airport, so I need to tame my messy hair! I have the worst bedhead! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
timarie
« Reply #272 on: June 14, 2007 04:41:30 PM »

LuvCrochet, your hair looks darling in your avatar! I'm always looking for cute shaggy-ish cuts. Do you have any larger pictures?

Mine is currently pretty similar to yours (so I think) just with longer bangs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MDodson
« Reply #273 on: June 16, 2007 03:11:05 PM »

Hello.

I just recently got my hair layered. It was layered before, but the layers grew out and were about the same length as the rest of my hair (which I would have kept, but my hair is thin, and I wanted it to look thicker and I'm always told that layers make it look fuller, right?). I didn't know how to style it then, and I don't know how to style it now. The first time it was layered it had no fullness, but I'd like to make an effort to make it look like an actual style (before I get frustrated with it and just cut it all). I also had my bangs cut the shortest they've ever been. Kinda side swept, starting at the eyebrow. Are there any products I should use that would help show my layers? [I hate it when my hair is stiff though, so.. you know.] It has no shape right now, and I don't want to have had that done for no reason. It was cut into "choppy" layers, I'm told. They start at my chin. Any suggestions would be very appreciated Cheesy

Sorry if that was long.  Undecided

&
has anyone had success with giving their own hair highlights/lowlights?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007 03:12:46 PM by MDodson » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Morning Star
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

feel my chest when i look at you, baby you, you got my only heart.

suppose i said, you're my saving grace?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: June 16, 2007 08:53:54 PM »

something you can use is a little bit of volumizing mousse. or you can hairspray a little with your head upside down, and blow dry it a little. also, you could use a round brush when you dry it and flip the layers out. (or use a curling iron)

hope that helps
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-mayor west?
-how do you know my language?

i made an info blog for my swap partners.
http://mon-seul.livejournal.com/

i now have a wist list!

www.wists.com/morningstar
LuvCrochet
« Reply #275 on: June 19, 2007 07:37:42 PM »

LuvCrochet, your hair looks darling in your avatar! I'm always looking for cute shaggy-ish cuts. Do you have any larger pictures?

Mine is currently pretty similar to yours (so I think) just with longer bangs.
http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1884/7935264/14925054/257920918.jpg

I will look for another picture. It's a little shorter than that one now and it looks better. But yeah, I think yours is the same. Just need to shorten the bangs.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007 10:05:02 AM by sweets4ever - Reason: Please don't quote images. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
LilMissPink
« Reply #276 on: June 22, 2007 09:30:06 PM »

I have a quick question... if I have chemically straightened hair is it safe to use sun-in?? i'm probably a little late asking after i bought it  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everybody likes pink. People who think otherwise are in denial.
Debs_5
« Reply #277 on: June 24, 2007 03:19:47 PM »

Hey, I'm just wondering if anybody can help me out on how to get my hair up into one of these styles for prom? Any products or techniques/methods?
I've tried a few things but it was a bit tricky and I couldnt get the volume and smoothness right. . .

My hair:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/xxdebzxx/DSCF47752.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/xxdebzxx/ME.jpg (it's not dark anymore though)

Style 1 - I managed to get something like it but without the volume at the back and it wasn't as smooth:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/xxdebzxx/HilaryRibbon.jpg

Style 2 - It looks like a plain ponytail but with more volume I'm guessing:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/xxdebzxx/anne_hathaway.jpg

Sorry for the long post, I'm just getting really frustrated and I don't really want to go to the hairdressers for it Sad
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007 03:22:14 PM by Debs_5 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
LuvCrochet
« Reply #278 on: June 24, 2007 10:13:40 PM »

Sun in is basically peroxide. Which is in all hair bleaches. It's "Safe" but it will cause more drying to your hair and possibly it can become very damaged and brittle.  Most the time when your hair is chemically straightened it's already a little porous and brittle. So basically it's up to you and your hair how it will affect it.
I have a quick question... if I have chemically straightened hair is it safe to use sun-in?? i'm probably a little late asking after i bought it  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
phantomssiren

Life's Too Short To Follow Patterns

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #279 on: June 25, 2007 01:02:46 AM »

Help! My hair is driving me nuts.

My head is very heavy, dead straight and wont hold any sort of style for long so I need a hairstyle that can just be washed and left alone. I bleached it really blonde last year but after constant criticism I dyed it red, however the bleached parts went a really icky orange. I've got about 4 inches of relatively undamaged hair and really want to just cut off the damaged stuff and start over. However I have a condition that makes me really puffy and I'm worried cutting it shorter will make me look even worse, especially since it cant be styled. Should I cut it? Can anyone recommend a style that'll look good?

Not very clear photo-

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 96 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best Tricks For Moisturizing, From Bobbie Thomas
Who Can Wear Jeggings?, From Bobbie Thomas
What To Wear This Fall, From Bobbie Thomas
What To Wear To A Winter Wedding, From Bobbie Thomas
Bobbie Thomas With Marlo Thomas
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...