A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 307,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
388 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 188
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show Off Your Hair--Dyed, Cut, or Styled by Yourself!  (Read 632303 times)
Tags for this thread: hairstyle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1820 on: July 10, 2011 07:04:04 PM »

I was going to suggest the same brand. I use the atomic pink & it lasts forever.
I usually sleep with the colour on my hair wrapped up in a plastic bag, so a solid 8 hours.

Also, using a vinegar rinse (just 50/50 ACV & water) before you condition helps return your hair to it's natural pH and closes the cuticles better than conditioner. I still condition, so I don't smell like a jar of pickles, though lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mashy

www.tashymakes.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1821 on: July 29, 2011 04:42:24 PM »

I've Ombre dyed my hair a few weeks ago

I first had it done at the hairdressers but she didnt dye my roots the right colour and didnt do the bleaching right at the ends... so that was 40 quid down the drain.

Any way I went out and dyed the top layer of my head dark brown/black and bleached the ends - I used a gentle bleach and left it for 40 mins once and then again two weeks later.

I would have love to dye it bright red but unfortunetly I already have my nose pierced and as I work for a chamber of commerce I though bright colour aswell would just be taking the mickey! Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crying Goddess
Rocking CraftAngel

Every girl is her own goddess

View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: August 04, 2011 07:08:51 AM »

I did my hair in a french twist I'm quite proud of myself Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quote from: kjlutz
Craftster: Lovingly Breaking up Families in the name of Craft since Challenge 50

Please vote for my Redstone torch for challenge 96:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431999.0#axzz2vJFPpJwN
raelynn93
« Reply #1823 on: August 09, 2011 08:52:44 AM »

Okay, so I'm posting this picture so you guys can get a feel for what my hair Naturally looked like back in the day. I honestly also need it to remind myself what it looked like lol. It's been a long while since I've had naturally colored hair xD.

I shall start off with my favorite so far which was my red hair Smiley

And what follows is a random collection of how my hair has looked over the years. All done by me in my boredom.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2011 01:11:56 PM by MareMare - Reason: to fix image code » THIS ROCKS   Logged
violentjayne
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: August 10, 2011 04:02:19 PM »

CLICK THE LINK TO WATCH ...here is a quick like 20 second vid of my hair cut , first time I ever cut it myself , I just basically trimmed the back it came out perfectly even although I was actually going for a rounded V .. but I took about 3 inches off the front bangs and tapered and layered back... I want to do a few more long choppy layers  and that's what i thought I was doing according to the tutes I watched so I don't really know why it came out so blunt in the back ?? but that's how they salon usually cuts it any way so over all I'm pleased and if i get brave in the next few days I might try and add in like 2 more layers all the way around ( hope that makes since lol ) worst case I guess Ill have to go to the salon and get it fixed lol
<embed width="440" height="420" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v7.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=20794pw&s=7"><br><font size="1"><a href="http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=20794pw&s=7">Original Video</a> - More videos at <a href="http://tinypic.com">TinyPic</a></font

and a before and after pic of the back .. you can see i didnt take much off but It is pretty even huh ??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

violentjayne
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: August 10, 2011 04:21:09 PM »

Mashy your cut is more the effect I am wanting .. aslo I love the ombre .. I always joke that I was doing onlbre before it was cool .. cause I would bleach my hair and then let the roots grow really long
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mashy

www.tashymakes.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1826 on: August 11, 2011 01:52:07 PM »

Mashy your cut is more the effect I am wanting .. aslo I love the ombre .. I always joke that I was doing onlbre before it was cool .. cause I would bleach my hair and then let the roots grow really long

Aww thanks but I think you did a really good job on your hair... and I love the colour.I think it looks really straight and even. I just bought a crea- clip to trim my hair so going to try that out at some point over the next couple of weeks.

Hehe, strangely enough I had exactly the same ombre colour 10 years ago when I was 15 and wanted to dye the ends of my hair purple but the hairdresser couldn't bleach the dark brown colour out of my hair. I just find it weird how 10 years later I went back to the same colour. Unfortunetly it is going to have to go again soon as the ends of my hair are getting a little dry and I'm also looking for a new job so need to make an effort to look smarter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Solitaire

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1827 on: September 09, 2011 11:30:26 PM »

I thought I would post a picture of my 8 year old daughter, Rhiannon, on the first day of school. We dyed her hair the day before school started. I used SpecialEffects Deep Purple dye. Its holding up beautifully! It only took half of the bottle to dye her hair. We're saving the other half to freshen the color for Halloween. She wants to be a Katy "Berry" Poptart LOL

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Craft, Therefore, I AM!  )O(
Megzy818

Happily married to my best friend

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1828 on: September 10, 2011 03:39:42 PM »

The purple makes her blue eyes pop! Love the hair! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud ARMY brat and NAVY Wife!!! 08/05/08
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1414000172&ref=profile
Hippos are my favorite Smiley
ragdoll193
« Reply #1829 on: September 10, 2011 07:40:27 PM »

such a pretty purple! What color is her hair naturally?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
♥the military will not stop me from crafting♥
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 188 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: DIY Dryer Sheets
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Cozies
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Chocolate Mice

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...