A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,392
Currently Running With Scissors:
875 Guests and 42 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 188
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show Off Your Hair--Dyed, Cut, or Styled by Yourself!  (Read 437181 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1710 on: July 23, 2010 12:39:47 PM »

I decided that I was tired of the side bangs I've had for a couple of years. My hair grows so fast that these may not last long but it's something different for now. I've finally gotten used to the washed out pink of my hair but it'll be purple again in a week or so when my dye gets here!

Here's what I started with:

In progress:

I liked the shaggy look of the bangs, but I was going for something more dramatic so I cut them a little further. I used a razor comb to get most of the cut done then used regular scissors to finish it off. They're still just a little choppy and I'm pretty happy with them.

Coupla different styles

Now for the purple soon! wheee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: July 23, 2010 12:41:22 PM »

Huh  I know that when you dye your hair with "regular" colors, the base color of your hair makes a difference in how the new color comes out.  Is it the same with the pinks, purples, blues?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

« Reply #1712 on: July 23, 2010 12:49:55 PM »

I always stick with bluey purples because my hair is so dark that a lot of lighter colors just don't stick. The dark ones cover better on dark hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ragdoll193
« Reply #1713 on: July 23, 2010 10:36:24 PM »

yellow blond hair dyed blue will also turn out closer to turquoise/green than white blond hair dyed blue will.
I find that if i don't want to bleach my hair, red based colors like ink, reddish purples, and orange look the best on me and the blue based colors look kinda like crap
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
♥the military will not stop me from crafting♥
purple_girl
« Reply #1714 on: July 24, 2010 02:46:02 AM »

I love your hair beth
the last photo looks completely different!

rebecca - what does the apple cider vinegar do for your hair? My hair is naturally curly too Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BethIves
« Reply #1715 on: July 27, 2010 06:33:08 AM »

trebleclef - The blue in my hair, was actually hair extentions I cut to fit, so no fading colour, plus I wanted to buy lots off different colours to wear different days, but ran out of money after just buying these ones. Ha  Cheesy

And thank-you purple_girl  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dropoffradar

undercover superheroine.

« Reply #1716 on: July 27, 2010 07:26:18 AM »

trebleclef - The blue in my hair, was actually hair extentions I cut to fit, so no fading colour, plus I wanted to buy lots off different colours to wear different days, but ran out of money after just buying these ones. Ha  Cheesy

And thank-you purple_girl  Smiley

i was wondering how it looked so vibrant! looks awesome Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. i am. i am. i am.

i do personal swaps!

wists
last.fm
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1717 on: July 27, 2010 02:02:03 PM »

It's very much possible to get that kind of vibrancy with dye, but on dark hair you'd have to bleach pretty heavily.  The bad part about blues too, in my experience, is that they fade INCREDIBLY quickly. Right now I have pink and blue bangs and the pink can go for a month or more and still retain a nice amount of vibrancy, but the blue seems to need to be redone every few weeks at most. I love blue hair but it's just too much hassle for me to keep the majority of the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1718 on: July 27, 2010 02:31:20 PM »

It's very much possible to get that kind of vibrancy with dye, but on dark hair you'd have to bleach pretty heavily.  The bad part about blues too, in my experience, is that they fade INCREDIBLY quickly. Right now I have pink and blue bangs and the pink can go for a month or more and still retain a nice amount of vibrancy, but the blue seems to need to be redone every few weeks at most. I love blue hair but it's just too much hassle for me to keep the majority of the time.

I have super dark brown hair, nearly black and for me to go fully pink like I am now I bleached my hair twice in one day. I had used a red for dark hair a few months before i bleached my hair so my hair bleached more of an orange than a platinum and i think that impacted the tone of my pink. I've bleached my roots and redone my pink a bout a week ago and i noticed that the virgin hair i bleached is a different lighter tone of pink than the rest of my hair. I think someone else mentioned about bases effecting other colors, and I think I'd have to say yes from my experience.
On another note, I highly recommend Jerome Russel Punky Colours. It's more of a stain than a dye, it smells like koolaid and it's not as damaging to the hair. In fact i got my hair cut the other day and the hairdresser complimented how healthy my hair looked despite being bleached to hell and stained pink lol I have not tried any of their other colours yet, but my pink (which is called Rose Red) lasts nearly two months washing my hair every other day. I would recommend trying their blues.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
dropoffradar

undercover superheroine.

« Reply #1719 on: July 27, 2010 05:00:38 PM »

thats what i was thinking. my brother used to dye his hair blue a lot and it faded much faster than other dyes, makes me sad Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. i am. i am. i am.

i do personal swaps!

wists
last.fm
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 188 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Behind the Scenes at the UPTOWN Fashion Shoot Oct/Nov 2011
Behind the Scenes at Sanaa Lathan Cover Shoot
Winter Fashion: Casual Outerwear Trends
Cozy and Comfortable Outerwear for Winter
10 New Ways to Wear Your Denim Jacket
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...