A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,745
Currently Running With Scissors:
521 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 188
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show Off Your Hair--Dyed, Cut, or Styled by Yourself!  (Read 441099 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

peasoupsays
« Reply #1410 on: March 12, 2009 09:25:48 AM »

OK OK, so this is more of a personal thing. I'm a hair stylist, and I love love love all you ladies and your creativity! However, can we try to incorporate the term "color" instead of "dye" when it comes to coloring your hair? I had a teacher in school who used to always say "you dye clothes! you color your hair!"

haha.

Anyways, I've always said that there is nothing better than DIY hair...and you ladies totally proved that point to the max. Great job everyone!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pjhamel
« Reply #1411 on: March 12, 2009 05:46:20 PM »

Okay, here is a pic of my hair down. I must warn you, though, it is very messy and slightly wet in this picture, so it doesn't look the greatest. It looks best after I have added product and straightened it, but my sister(who took the picture) refused to wait for me to style it at all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will happily do personal swaps for beads, buttons, and fat quarters!

My Pinterest
Nesse
« Reply #1412 on: March 12, 2009 06:26:27 PM »

:-O WOW pj!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

camilaustral

Saludos desde Chile!

View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: March 12, 2009 07:01:51 PM »

Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sapphire_distortion
« Reply #1414 on: March 12, 2009 07:26:00 PM »

I got a new job AND it's crazy hair friendly - I'm thinking some sort of pink to purple starburst with atomic pink, virgin rose, and RAW purple. of course, I would probably NEVER be able to get it out so I'm not 100% for sure yet Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
Molly.Connelly
« Reply #1415 on: March 12, 2009 07:29:11 PM »

it must take for.ev.er to straighten your hair pjhamel!!
I keep my hair short bc I hate that it takes sooo long to straighten when it's longer. (mines quite wavy, it was stick straight when I was younger I have no idea what happened) I'm thinking of growing it out though and keeping it wavy.
my job doesn't care too much about my hair. they don't mind bright red hair but I think purple or pink would be too much for them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjhamel
« Reply #1416 on: March 12, 2009 08:00:35 PM »

I got a new job AND it's crazy hair friendly - I'm thinking some sort of pink to purple starburst with atomic pink, virgin rose, and RAW purple. of course, I would probably NEVER be able to get it out so I'm not 100% for sure yet Tongue

Congrats! Is it Hot Topic? I knew someone who worked there, and he said that they urged their employees to get crazy hairstyles and lots of piercings.

To phoenix_michiko, actually it only takes me about 20 minutes to straighten it, because I do it in sections. It's the crazy updos(ie: faux hawks and extreme pin rolls) or the hot-rolled curls that take forever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will happily do personal swaps for beads, buttons, and fat quarters!

My Pinterest
sapphire_distortion
« Reply #1417 on: March 13, 2009 11:15:13 AM »

Nope, it's this little independent books/movies/music/clothing store. Way cool, 'cause it also means I can finally switch my nose stud out for a ring!!! (I am ridiculously excited about this. Got it pierced in November with the intentions of switching to a ring and haven't got to yet.)

Hot Topic is a fun place to work though, as long as management is cool. I've worked there for nearly a year off and on (two different locations, I moved), and it's definitely a great place to work. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
Nesse
« Reply #1418 on: March 13, 2009 12:12:00 PM »

I worked at a dollar store for a while. My boss was amazing! She would give me suggestions as to what colours I should do next Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ambermi

I'm on sewing overload!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1419 on: March 13, 2009 12:24:33 PM »

HERE GOES!!

This was a couple months ago... I did my own extentions. Took FOREVER. But it lasted like two months so I can't complain!

And this is my own hair (now)... It's hard work working with it naturally!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Support my store!! PLEASE?! I'm POOR!!! www.stacked.etsy.co m
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 188 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Nazanin Style: Moto Jackets and Boyfriend Jeans
5 Festive 4th of July Looks for Less Than $50
Best Summer Looks For Less Than $50
Lauren Conrad and More Celebrities Love the Little White Dress
Trend Report - Sleeves
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...