A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
347 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 188
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show Off Your Hair--Dyed, Cut, or Styled by Yourself!  (Read 448749 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #980 on: April 23, 2008 08:26:50 PM »

Here's a pic of my with punky's lagoon blue

And this is with green apple

That's the color I was hoping for.  Smiley Did you have to go white to get it that pretty? Or was a light yellowy color good enough? Thanks for the picture!!

It's so funny. Apple green comes out a really pretty turquoisey color on me, not green-green at all. As so:

I had people asking me if it was fishbowl  Cheesy

LMAO it's funny to hear how different colours turn out on different people. Fishbowl always came out a really dark blue on me, almost navy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hotbettie
I solemly swear I am up to no good.

Slytherin by choice, Griffindor at heart.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #981 on: April 23, 2008 11:40:15 PM »

Here's a pic of my with punky's lagoon blue

And this is with green apple

That's the color I was hoping for.  Smiley Did you have to go white to get it that pretty? Or was a light yellowy color good enough? Thanks for the picture!!

It's so funny. Apple green comes out a really pretty turquoisey color on me, not green-green at all. As so:

I had people asking me if it was fishbowl  Cheesy

I didn't go all white. When I bleach my hair it is still yellowish. But like I have said before, I don't bleach it every time I change colors. It was pink before I put the blue in. I let the previous color fade for a couple of weeks before I change colors. There was a small amount of purple where the colors mixed but after a couple of weeks you can't see the pink any more.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008 10:27:37 AM by batgirl - Reason: please don't include images in quotes - thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Punker Chic
« Reply #982 on: April 24, 2008 04:16:46 AM »

I would get the Aphogee protein treatment, you can find it at Sally's...it's a two part thing, first step is protein and the second step is deep conditioning. You can buy another deep conditioning product instead of the Aphogee one if you want, I've heard LOTS of great things about Joico's K-Pak but I haven't used it myself (though I got a free sample last time I went shopping! Excited to use it since I'll be bleaching to go purple and blue this weekend). You'll probably need to trim your hair regularly (I'm sure you already do this, but just in case) - I know a lot of people don't like losing length, but if you get any split ends then you'll be losing length from that so it's easier and better for your hair(not to mention it feels/looks much better) to make sure your ends are healthy. I would also recommend using a good professional shampoo/conditioner if you aren't already, lots of drugstore stuff has harsh sulfates that will just dry out chemically treated hair more.

i actually use that protein treatment! protein treatments are great.
one time, i fell asleep with bleach on my head. O_O. i couldn't fall asleep because it hurt too much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sapphire_distortion
« Reply #983 on: April 24, 2008 05:50:28 AM »

LMAO it's funny to hear how different colours turn out on different people. Fishbowl always came out a really dark blue on me, almost navy.

I know right?! Fishbowl comes out this weird pastelly color on me(that fades in like two days.), as does Blue Haired Freak. It's really weird - SFX colors seem to turn out a LOT lighter on me than everyone else. I wonder if it's something with the formula and the way my hair absorbs dye or something. Meanwhile, like I said, I don't know about the other colors, but apple green was still there after a bleach and a color stripping...

Thanks hotbettie! I'm pretty excited now. I'm going to do lagoon blue with dark purple chunks around my face, I think. About how long did it last for you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
hotbettie
I solemly swear I am up to no good.

Slytherin by choice, Griffindor at heart.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #984 on: April 24, 2008 08:41:45 AM »

I don't let the color come completely out, so I'm not sure. I usually do touch ups once every week or every two weeks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

intergalacticj

jam jam jam jam jam...

View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 24, 2008 02:47:12 PM »

Punker Chic, do you mind me asking what type of bleach you used to get your hair that white? The boyfriend really, really wants white hair but has no idea how to get it to be that way...
my bf has super white long hair, apparently he bleaches it and then puts in purple/blue toner and it just goes white ..or maybe he really is just an evil elf im not quite sure
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LifeislikeanEwok
Chrissasaurus-Rex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #986 on: April 26, 2008 03:16:19 PM »

I've finally been able to dye my hair again! Hurray for jobs that just don't care!

I have MP Hot Hot Pink on bottom with Cotton Candy Pink highlights Cheesy
On top it's MP Midnight Blue, which is usually more of a green color but I don't mind. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is an occasion. Rise to it!" -Mr.Magorium
camilaustral

Saludos desde Chile!

View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 26, 2008 04:22:07 PM »

LifeislikeanEwok i love your hair curly, i think curly hair looks awesome in cool colors
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #988 on: April 26, 2008 09:31:49 PM »

I know you can colour dreads, so I didn't bother changing my colours when I put in my dreads... I currently have black hair with purple bangs (something relatively simple to keep up during my pregnancy, and now that I have an infant) But since the birth of my son, I have reinstalled my dreads and I am loving the idea of dreads that are the same age as my baby. (Posted about this on the dread board, actually)

Now, I have some pretty long roots, as I was shying away from bleaching during my pregnancy, and it's getting to the point that it doesn't blend well anymore as my hair continues to grow. So I have black dreads with some purple ones in the front, with brown/gray roots....ew....

Anyone have any experience bleaching dreads that they'd care to share with me? I don't want to have bald spots in the front from over-processing...lol

tyvm Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Undead_Monkey
« Reply #989 on: April 27, 2008 08:37:27 PM »

Last year I cut my hair REALLY short with my natural color...

this year I grew it out and dyed it red, which later turned into orange   Roll Eyes

and today I went brunette again with angle bangs!

hmm... no wild colors for me  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i'm such an infomercial :p

a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for - Jack
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 188 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Grilled Reuben Sandwich
How to Make Your Own Egg McMuffin
How to Make Candied Yams
How to Make Classic Baked Macaroni and Cheese
How to Make a Slow-Cooker Turkey Chili
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...