A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,578
Currently Running With Scissors:
675 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 188
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show Off Your Hair--Dyed, Cut, or Styled by Yourself!  (Read 438193 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rockindancer86

$2.99 a gallon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #930 on: February 26, 2008 12:52:07 PM »

So, I put some pictures up a while ago, but at the beginning of January I redid it:

It's supposed to wash out in 28 washes or something, which is what, two months? if I wash every couple days... well, it's been two months and it's faded a little...:

It's kinda neat, because it's faded more in some places than others, so there are streaks of my natural red in it as well as some spotty areas. I really love it, but I've been going through some emotional stuff lately which makes me wanna do something drastic. I think I'm gonna chop it off to my shoulders. Yes, for me, that is drastic. I haven't had short hair in 4 years. I donated it, and it was at my shoulders, but when it got trimmed I hated it and had it cut off super short (like an inch long all over)... I've been mostly growing it out for four years since I got to college (excluding when I got bored, went into the bathroom and chopped off five ratty inches in November), so maybe since I'm graduating in 3 weeks it's time to chop it off again? Something a little more professional (eww!!). I was gonna grow it out to my behind but after cutting those five inches in November I've added some time to that goal... and now I'm too impatient. Or, really, too stressed and upset to not do something.

Long rambling, sorry. Basically, I think I'll cut it off soon. That was the point. Teehee.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008 12:54:16 PM by rockindancer86 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life-in-Japan, crafts, musings, etc blog here: "Gooooo Japan!" at http://www.rockindancer86.blogspot.com

Excuse me, Mister Pete, have the Cubans a different beat? If they have will you teach me to chick-chick-chicky-boom, chick-chicky-boom?
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #931 on: February 27, 2008 07:54:25 AM »

Please remember this thread is ONLY for styles you have created yourself, not professional cut/color etc. Try to keep it reasonably crafty, please, so that we can keep this thread here. Thank you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
instantkarma
« Reply #932 on: February 27, 2008 11:28:04 AM »

Hey batgirl, I was just wondering:

I usually imagine up what I want my hair to look like and then get my hair (mostly) professionally cut and colored...BUT, I do all the styling (brushing, teasing, gel-ing, whatever) myself. I'm sure people out there who have elaborate haircuts can attest to the fact that styling one's own hair is a lot of work and takes a lot of creativity too.

So, why can't I post a picture of my hair that I had cut/colored by someone else but styled myself? I posted two of them (kind of in a hurry, I'd admit, so my styling wasn't top-notch) but had them taken down apparently because I didn't do the cut/color myself.

I don't quite see why this is much different from getting a tattoo and then showing it off - you come in with ideas (like I do with my hair), you get it inked by someone who's skilled at the art (or cut by someone who is certified) and then you come home afterwards, upkeep it and show it off (or come home, rinse all the gunk out of your hair that the stylist used and figure out your own way of styling your hair).

I hope I don't come across as mean; I'm just curious.

Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

On a swapping hiatus due to college...

http://www.wists.com/cherryxantacids
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #933 on: February 27, 2008 11:53:14 AM »

Basically this is the deal. This thread is 95 pages long, of people showing what their hair looks like. Craftster is all about crafts. Showing pictures of your hair is *barely* crafty, but we let the thread exist because some people do pretty crafty things with their hair. It's a gray area and not all the mods are in agreement about whether this thread even belongs on Craftster at all. I try very hard to limit it to "crafty hair" that people have done some fairly significant DIY something to. Brushing, washing, blow drying, etc or going to a salon to have your hair done are just personal grooming, not crafts (kind of like dressing yourself is not the same as making a dress). I'm sorry if anyone's feelings get hurt, I try to be really generous about modding and deleting but this could easily get to be 1000 pages of people just posting what their hair looks like. If you have questions about specific mod actions you should PM me rather than posting in the thread.
Hope that clarifies things, and I'm sorry if you were upset by post deletion. It's not personal at all, I have deleted many posts from this thread.
 Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
IMIS
« Reply #934 on: February 27, 2008 03:57:59 PM »

Please remember this thread is ONLY for styles you have created yourself, not professional cut/color etc. Try to keep it reasonably crafty, please, so that we can keep this thread here. Thank you.

Whoops! I'm so sorry!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am looking to swap for knitting needles and supplies! If you are interested in doing a PERSONAL SWAP with me, please PM me! Thanks!!!
CrowBarFinesse
« Reply #935 on: March 26, 2008 09:53:30 PM »

An interesting thread to tell the truth. i personally love my hair, why? because of my bride of frankenstein streak. That's what I was going for last year when i started this fiasco, since then, i've cut it, re-dyed the bangs and had a bunch of the bleached part fall out, lol. here it is as it stands now.

crowbar

THIS ROCKS   Logged
alacorn
« Reply #936 on: March 27, 2008 12:08:44 AM »

From this:

To this:

trying to go white and then get black tips <3
(yes i did this all myself including the hair cut)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008 12:11:53 AM by alacorn » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #937 on: March 28, 2008 02:27:15 PM »

Looks beautiful!  How did you get it so light?  It's not brassy or yellow at all.  I'm impressed Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 28, 2008 02:53:21 PM »

I'm impressed Smiley

Me, too!  Wow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Cereza Bomba
« Reply #939 on: March 28, 2008 05:17:41 PM »

Yikes, I haven't posted in so long!

Well, I'm blonde again. Went from this

to this

Oh, and i cut that short and added a bitta red:

Zing!

« Last Edit: March 28, 2008 05:20:35 PM by Cereza Bomba » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cereza Bomba = CHERRY BOMB!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 188 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Custom Sequence in Premiere Pro CS5
How to Capture Footage in Premiere Pro CS5
Watch This Instead Review of The Last Airbender
Learn Premiere Pro CS5 Users Interface
What a Grip Does on a Film Set
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...