A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,093
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 188
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show Off Your Hair--Dyed, Cut, or Styled by Yourself!  (Read 496237 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

batgirl
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #860 on: January 14, 2008 01:05:33 PM »

The clips I used were also sold in the wig/supply place. They are really small and hold tight, and come in hair matching colors.

They look like this: http://item.express.ebay.co.uk/Health-Beauty_Hair-Care_Hair-Extensions_SMALL-BLONDE-GATE-WEAVE-CLIPS_W0QQitemZ250169324493QQihZ015QQptdnZHairQ20ExtensionsQQddnZHealthQ20Q26Q20BeautyQQadnZHairQ20CareQQptdiZ1867QQddiZ2244QQadiZ2247QQcmdZExpressItem
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
hippychiq
Who would've thought that someone like me Could've fallen in love so easily I know that you know that I know what I want I know I can't have it but give it a thought I know that it sounds crazy, baby But all I do is think of you.

hey there,how's life,well,mines just great.

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: January 15, 2008 06:17:35 PM »

hippychiq, I like your hair. I actually like how the color changes from the front to back, it looks cool. So, what, did you do the bleach kit and the coloring at the same time? What brand & color did you use?

hi!

this is the kit I got from Sally Beauty..

http://www.sallybeauty.com/Mix+n+Go+Hair+Color+System/NRAGE1,default,pd.html

hope this will help you.

madi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Piglette
« Reply #862 on: January 16, 2008 09:36:39 AM »

Ok so this is my hair atm. It's defiately not the most exciting it's ever been but i'm in love with it for the moment. Excuse the stupid faces. I'm not really sure how to pose "pretty" but i do know how to do stupid!

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/100_21081.jpg

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/100_2114.jpg

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/100_21191.jpg

I love this thread by the way. My favorite by far.

Edit:...Sorry just had to add a photo of the back/side. Both sides are shaved down to a #2.

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/100_2161.jpg

Your bangs are amazing!
Mine have always been straight across, or Engulfing my face!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zowiewoahie

But it's my BIRTHDAY tomorrow!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #863 on: January 16, 2008 12:20:31 PM »

Here's a pic of my hair now, the color is out of a box so I'm assuming that I can just dye my extensions the same color?
[/quote]

The answer to that is maybe. the hair a non professional can get is not the best stuff. It may have had the cuticle striped, have synthetic in it...You know that if it says "human hair it only has to have %10 human hair in it right? So yeah they may take the color great, but it may also ruin them. P.S box color makes your hair fall out, go to sallys and get some developer and color to mix together. Not Ferria!!! If you have any questions I would be happy to help, then I can at least put more of my education to good use Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lets all go to Jack Taylor's to celebrate!
jadegreen
« Reply #864 on: January 16, 2008 03:01:26 PM »

Your bangs are amazing!
Mine have always been straight across, or Engulfing my face!

Haha thanks. Mine were always the same. I hated when they were too long and had to sweep them to the sides. Only problem with having them cut like this is you HAVE to straighten them everyday. If they are wavy they look ridiculous. Plus it's a lot harder to cut by yourself. You should give it a go though. I think they compliment anybody who suites the straight across fringe (bangs).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jadegreen
« Reply #865 on: January 17, 2008 05:55:24 PM »

Thought I would post some pics of some of my old hairstyles. All are done by me except for the very first one which was done by a great guy I used to work with. It's too hard to bleach roots with black ends by yourself that's for sure!
Tank girl phase.

Stint as a blonde.
Pink! I love the fact that this photo was taken right as the TV said ROCK!
Red/Brown with streaks and LOTS of teasing.

Black with blonde/gold bits.

When it was like this I used to get the hairdryer with one of those big round end bits with the spikes sticking out and put it on my head on the lowest setting spiralling it round and round until it was dry then attacked it with massive amounts of hairspray. The result:

Then I cut it all off. (still don't know why that hair was awesome)

Pinup style hair.

My hair is now like the pictures I posted a couple of pages ealier BUT a couple of days ago i made it a purple/blue colour. So pretty i love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spirals420
I swear to the stars... I'll burn this whole city down

turn it up, so you know it's got soul... jellyroll

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #866 on: January 17, 2008 06:02:47 PM »

wow all those styles looked great on you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xfoxglove
« Reply #867 on: January 17, 2008 07:34:19 PM »

P.S box color makes your hair fall out, go to sallys and get some developer and color to mix together. Not Ferria!!!

is feria really that bad?  it's the only red that stays bright for more than a couple of days for me.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008 07:34:59 PM by xfoxglove » THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace.com/xfoxglove
hotbettie
I solemly swear I am up to no good.

Slytherin by choice, Griffindor at heart.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #868 on: January 17, 2008 07:53:13 PM »

jadegreen You are so cute with all of your styles, but my personal favorite is the shaved head. So hot! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Diana dOr
« Reply #869 on: January 18, 2008 03:43:57 PM »

Jadegreen: It's called a diffuser. The curly blowdryer dealy.
xfoxglove: One of the first things I learned in beauty school about colour was that Feria was by far the worst mistakes you can make. The vibrant colours that Feria is known for are created by heavy metallic dyes, most box dyes use metals to create their colours in order to to penetrate the cuticle, but I've seen Feria get as far as the cortex. When I've tried to colour cleanse Feria out of clients I'm literally unable to and the results are just completely terrible. We're taking breakage and odd colours of an odd, unnatural scariness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Knitting is a boon for those of us who are easily bored.  I take my knitting everywhere to take the edge off of moments that would otherwise drive me stark raving mad"
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 188 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Craft Duct Tape Flip-Flops
How to Craft Apple Stamps
How to Craft a Turkey Gourd Thanksgiving Centerpiece
How to Craft a Large Paper Apple Tree
How to Craft a Paper-Bag Apple
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet
Laundry Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...