A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,759
Currently Running With Scissors:
604 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 188
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show Off Your Hair--Dyed, Cut, or Styled by Yourself!  (Read 441164 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Red Paint

I think it's broken.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #700 on: November 20, 2007 08:36:35 PM »

I periodically browse this thread for cut and dye inspiration-- you Craftsters are really good at cutting your own hair! I wish I was a little better at it...

I do dye my own hair though, and I've done every colour in the rainbow. However I don't like getting my picture taken so I don't have pictures of them all, so here's just a few. (I must admit that I have never actually left the house as a blonde, I just take pictures of it in between the bleaching and dyeing, and my roommates always make fun of me and call me "Malfoy" 'cause I'm so pale.)
I usually use Punky Colours, and occasionally Creative Image-Adore, but the Punky is best. It barely fades at all! I only dye my hair when my roots start to bother me, not because the colour has faded out. Also, I'm puzzled by all the people claiming that blue washes out quickly--I've had my hair turquoise, sky blue, cobalt blue, you name it, and it's damn tenacious. I can't even bleach it all out. And by the way, I'm 28, too old for crazy hair by most people's standards. But I just love all the attention I get from little children ("Mummy, dat girl has bwue hair!") and seniors ("My goodness, if I was 50 years younger I'd love to have pink hair." And I always tell them they're never too old, and usually get a reply about how it would give the poor husband a heart attack! So cute!)

Love it, LetterGhost.  Colors look rad on you -- the blue and/or turquoise looks amazing on you.   Love the cute comments you get from old and young!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #701 on: November 20, 2007 10:58:12 PM »

I've been experimenting with shorter hair lately, tonight I decided it was time for another cut...

It's long on top, short on the sides/back.  Sort of a really wide mohawk.

Now, my problem is, since I had red hair with brown roots, I cut off the red on the sides.  So I'm kind of unintentionally two-toned.  But there's not much I can do about that at two in the morning, so I can just claim it's orange and brown for Thanksgiving.   Wink

This is the first time I've seen my natural color in about eight years!  I kind of forgot what it looked like...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
d3monicferret

Don't you hate it when it happens?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #702 on: November 21, 2007 04:42:02 AM »

Jilly, I love your haircut! I'm not sure if I have the face shape and structure for it, but if I do I may be stealing the style... Cool

I have two-toned hair for the same reasons, too - got the back cut short and cut off all the dyed-red hair, so my natural dirty blonde is seeing the light of day for the first time since freshman year of high school.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #703 on: November 21, 2007 10:05:43 AM »

Thank you! 

I always thought I wouldn't look good with short hair, until one day I randomly cut it.  Now I look back at pictures of myself with long hair and say to myself, "WTF was I thinking?"  So the moral of the story is you never know what will look good until you try it!  And if it comes out funny-looking, hair always grows back  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
sk8grll

I love my mini tea set!

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: November 21, 2007 11:28:11 AM »

i love it, sk8grll! it looks great with the pink eyebrows, cute.

pinks were always my favorite colors to do. i have flamingo pink waiting for the end of the term - i am teaching a college class this term and i'm so over my boring brown hair! I can't wait!!

Thanks!! Cheesy
I think i'm finally kinda getting used to it haha..
aka I don't have a heart attack everytime I look in the mirror x]

Yeah pink RAWKS! Tongue

Thank you! 

I always thought I wouldn't look good with short hair, until one day I randomly cut it.  Now I look back at pictures of myself with long hair and say to myself, "WTF was I thinking?"  So the moral of the story is you never know what will look good until you try it!  And if it comes out funny-looking, hair always grows back  Smiley

totally same here!! I always had long hair and then when I cut it it was like, "what was I thinking having long hair?" Tongue Short hair suits me much better Cheesy

Btw, I like your mohawk Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace

Hi! I'm Kinnat Cheesy
I love making jewlery and purses.
I also love drawing people in powerpuff girl style Cheesy

I just started learning to sew and have made a couple of jumpers Cheesy
I also am learning to crochet at school and hope to finish making a scarf
Lucky_7
« Reply #705 on: November 24, 2007 12:30:33 PM »

Man, Y'alls hair looks flippin' awesome...I feel so boring. My hair's just brown, almost down to my waist, and wavy...I used to be a redhead (from a bottle) but it faded really quickly. I haven't dyed in like 6 months, and after lookin' at all of the pretty hair on here I'm itching to do it again! ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can break up and be "just friends", you were either never in love...Or still are.
ThaADDcrafter
Slowly losing my mind at a fairly rapid pace... yup

ARRRRRRRRRR par me unnudder! *pour me another**

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: November 25, 2007 12:22:37 PM »

this is my new, choppy chop... look one and two are the same cut...

THIS ROCKS   Logged
StBarbarella
« Reply #707 on: November 25, 2007 01:58:51 PM »

Ooooh, I finally get to post in the hair thread!

Having decided to go to University at the ripe old age of 27, I can now re-live my youth by dying my hair stupid colours!

Now I'm bored of short hair (needs getting cut too often, and clashes with my need to dress like a boy too), I'm hoping that dying it all the colours avaliable in the Stargazer range (cos that's what's avaliable locally, and it's cheap) will keep my ammused and stop me getting my hair cut before it reaches past my shoulders.

Here's Hot Pink + Magenta:

And when that had faded to dirty pink (took about a month) and I had 0.5" roots, I bleeched it all again and went turquoise:

It's alright, but not blue enough (it's far more green than in the picture). I also dislike the fact that I get green nails ever time I scratch my head!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
burstandbloom
« Reply #708 on: November 25, 2007 05:31:38 PM »

I just did my hair this past weekend.... I used sonice green from special effects. It's been a week, and i'm still not sure if i like it ;/  in the past i've always done reds or pinks or purples...so the green was definitely new. it's actually a little more teal-ish in real life, but the pictures made it VERY green. oh well.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
MDodson
« Reply #709 on: November 25, 2007 05:38:32 PM »

burstandbloom.. I wish I had the balls to have green in my hair, because it looks gorgeous. and it makes your eyes BRIGHT. lol. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 188 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Best Drugstore Face Moisturizers
5 Things the Anti-Aging Industry Won’t Tell You
The Perfect Red Polish
Three Acne Concealing Makeup Tips
Homemade Dry-Skin Saving Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...